Sharing my 10years of pro maps?

Talk about the car skins/models, mods and share them !

Moderator: English Moderator

SPCCyberSlayer

Sharing my 10years of pro maps?

Post by SPCCyberSlayer »

I hope this does not sound too dumb. I'm trying to save time.

I want to see my maps online with many users. I've (we) have developed them over the course of 10 years for our club. Could I be sent a link that would show how to set up a simple server outside of my lan?

I will pursue publicizing my TM2 maps later, so if that link can be sent as well, that would be helpful.

Thanks,
Craig

PS: SharkPitCMD is a collection of IT professionals relaxing.
TMarc

Re: Sharing my 10years of pro maps?

Post by TMarc »

You can download the dedicated server here: viewtopic.php?f=261&t=12494&p=247863#p247863
And documentation about how to setup you will find here: http://doc.maniaplanet.com/dedicated-server/
When the basic server is running fine, you might use a server controller which has much more features, e.g. dynamic adding / removing of maps. See here: viewforum.php?f=295
ArmaniDove

Post by ArmaniDove »

And you can share your maps on the Mania X-change
http://tm.mania-exchange.com/
SPCCyberSlayer

Post by SPCCyberSlayer »

Thank you TMarc and ArmaniDove.

TMarc - You gave me the answer I specifically asked about, however, I'm not really that interested in hosting a server on my own equipment. Was hoping for a short-term "Free Server" kind of thing.

ArmaniDove - Your idea has great appeal to me. We are a club of old IT Professionals (semi-retired and) relaxing. I like the idea of sharing my maps freely, however, with some borrowed signs and club signs, not sure how to package them properly for delivery. When I get some spare, spare time, I will read more about Mania Exchange.

I was hoping to centralize my collection somewhere so I could check in and see what they look like with several drivers. Our designs often focus on cross traffic to remind, "We're not alone on the track". Also, as you might imagine after this many years, we have quite a refined collection in each track type that make it into our Favorites.

Consequently, both solutions have value to us. Thank you.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

You could rent a server with prefconfigured stuff and just upload the maps, but even then it is some work, and not that cheap.

If you don't find any nice server admin who would like to give you some space for your maps,
I fear you will have to create or manage a server on your own.

Return to “Workbench”