Ubisoft since 2009

Discuss everything and more.

Moderator: English Moderator

Soprah

Ubisoft since 2009

Post by Soprah »

Hello Nadeo,

From 2000 to 2009, you were an independent developer studio. Since 2009, you belong to Ubisoft. That's for more than 10 years so far. What is your general impression: Do you regret your decision to be bought by Ubisoft? Would you have rather stayed an independent studio? Or do you enjoy the partnership with Ubisoft en bloc?

Some people may say "The answer is obvious: Just look at the numbers..." But nobody knows if it would have turned out better without Ubisoft.

Anyways, I am interested in your opinion :)
Miss

Re: Ubisoft since 2009

Post by Miss »

If they regretted it, I don't think they'd say that publicly :lol:
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
Soprah

Post by Soprah »

I knew someone would say this :D

A "diplomatic" answer is still an answer though :thumbsup:
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

Hi Soprah,

We have no regret and thanks to Ubisoft we can work on projects which make sens, bring fun and joy to people and support good values.
So Ubisoft is definitely a great place to work ^_^
By the way in 2019 Ubisoft is top 6 of the best places to work in France.
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
Demented

Post by Demented »

Excellent.
Happy produces more happy. :D :thumbsup:
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
nighthawk4571

Post by nighthawk4571 »

Perhaps we could see that comment one more time....
Alinoa wrote: 10 May 2019, 11:30 Hi Soprah,

.... By the way in 2019 Ubisoft is top 6 of the best places to work in France.

... Wow! .... and NADEO is part of this!!! :? :thumbsup: :yes: :1010 :3 :clap: ...... :pil
Getting old, forgetting most of what I ever learned !
My name is Nighthawk. The 4571 used to be my IQ. :shock:

Admin: http://bagracing.freeforums.org/portal.php
U-tUbe: https://www.youtube.com/user/bvnighthawk
Soprah

Post by Soprah »

Alinoa wrote: 10 May 2019, 11:30 Hi Soprah,

We have no regret and thanks to Ubisoft we can work on projects which make sens, bring fun and joy to people and support good values.
So Ubisoft is definitely a great place to work ^_^
By the way in 2019 Ubisoft is top 6 of the best places to work in France.
That is so nice to hear!! :thx:

Can't wait where the journey takes us :3
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

When we arrived, we had Maniaplanet, Trackmania, Shootmania, training of new people, opening of new offices and learning on how to manage with the group around. It was really too much for me. In these hard conditions, the team of Nadeo and the very top management of Ubisoft has been totally supportive and positive.

Now, the studio grew again of 30% this year and we are now 500% more than when we arrived. It is very demanding on organisation and training since the ones who know needs to explain to the new ones. And I have to split between more people if we don't want our expert to move from doing to managing. So, it is a challenge, but it so much better now.

We do not intend to grow again in the short term and be able to concentrate on projects, so all the time invested should be visible. Nadeo is more than ever a great place to work, and we now should do great games. Both Maniaplanet and Trackmania Turbo sold more than one million units, but both has some big "disadvantages" It was too difficult to overcome them in this decade. Hopefully we will do it in the next one, thanks to the team and Ubisoft.

Just to say as well, Focus had great people that made us.

Both publishers brought us big, especially thanks to the top management and great people around them.
Demented

Post by Demented »

Wow. Really great to hear this Hylis.
I wish you and the rest of the team all the best especially now that you are able to really dial in on things.
Really looking forward to seeing what come from you all in the future.
:clap:
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
wraith

Post by wraith »

Think i was a must move in the first place, the smaller group of just nadeo may not have been around to date, i have been gaming along time now and seen a lot of smaller game companys fold and there been some great devs talent wasted which is a big shame.

Ubisoft in top 6.
??? who was first microsoft ??? or EA.
Been honest i think Ubisoft will be in the top 3 next year they are really grown now and some huge big studio's are coming into the family which includes Nadeo, this take a lot of pressure away from any one at nadeo including the boss man hylis lol.

just last night i walked away from gaming on battlefield v, first time since 2004 i left any game.
Something new starting next month sadly its under a NDA. so zero talking about it."sorry"

Good or Bad move "dam good move" i back nadeo all the way on this, just because of the fun tm as giving me over the many years, the community is outstanding, feedback from devs its just a nice place to be, and in my gaming years i have never see it like this anywhere including EA DICE
(feels like been in a big family)
Thankyou to ubisoft / Nadeo

Return to “Off-Topics”