Dedicated servers?

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

Jamiman222

Dedicated servers?

Post by Jamiman222 »

Hi all,

What do we know about dedicated servers for this game?

I want to try and make sure i have one running from Release day, so how can i achieve this?

What do we know about them so far, and things like music/plugins?

thanks

Jamiman
Xymph

Re: Dedicated servers?

Post by Xymph »

As far as I know, the TM² dedicated is a progression from the TMF one, so everything in that will also be in the new one. But specifics about new features (callbacks, methods) aren't available yet, that might become public close to release of the game (depending on Nadeo's permission), or ultimately on release day.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub
Jamiman222

Post by Jamiman222 »

So it will most likely be using the ManiaLive thing?

That suits me just fine if it does :)
Xymph

Post by Xymph »

ManiaLive obviously supports TM2, being a Nadeo-sponsored controller. But other actively maintained controllers will likely also support it sooner or later.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

For dedicated server manager, you also have XAseco for example.

I don't think there are additionnal callback and stuff to be reveal for the release that we have not done in the beta. We will offcourse release new ones when needed for new features but we give as much as we can already. It is really in the continuity.

Nadeo Live have some engineers in-house and can also ask for external development later. If we do this, we have to make it on a core we master and manage. With ManiaLib and with the help of the former creator of Aseco, we have made ManiaLive to enable us to bring those development as far as possible, but XAseco is well supported and you can find good information here http://www.xaseco.org/

Maniaplanet is all about diversity.
Jamiman222

Post by Jamiman222 »

Ok, thanks for the info :)

Return to “Trackmania 2”