[Maniaplanet] Clan managment

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

kalimerre

Re: [Maniaplanet] Clan managment

Post by kalimerre »

Yeah tcq i understand and for me it's a good idea and maybe you can add to your idea to make some "war" between clans ingame and at each match prepare this match by clan management and add results ingame too (amical match ofc).

Think it's more easy to organize match between teams
Boumsong

Post by Boumsong »

Sounds like a good idea to me, hope Nadeo's eyes are watching this one!
Image [CMC]Boumsong Image
apovtx

Post by apovtx »

Yes it's a nice idea! No more fake team players xD (or less fake team players) :lol:
I especially liked these points!
tcq wrote: - compare your statistics with your team mates (as in the tm groups)
- all servercontroller can acces this list and make local team ladders (like team ladder on mistral)
russianx

Post by russianx »

You forgot one important thing. Events/match/training schedule or a calender could be very helpful. An automatic warning about the next upcoming event would be nice too.
Maybe make this feature payable with "plantes"/month.
This may also include ManiaChat (a lobby) plugin for each clan (always available, but hidden).

All this will ofc be included in the game.
Image.ru
kalimerre

Post by kalimerre »

Totally right it could hep team without forum or website or players who doesn't go to forums to see train or matchs ;)
Knutselmaaster

Post by Knutselmaaster »

Yea! ++ on this topic 8-)

The thing i have always missed in TMF is the teamladder function from TMN.
It was really quite basic but gave us clanleaders an easy team management tool.
It would be really awesome if that could make it's way to ManiaPlanet, in an evolved version.
With a general teamladder for all games and all environments, but also for specialized teams that only play 1 environment, or 1 game.
dec

Post by dec »

+1 on this, a more sophisticated clan system would be great indeed! Bring back the team rankings like in TMN ESWC, perhaps create a worldwide clan ladder which we will be able to view and some kind of a 'clan center', where we will be able to administrate members, matches and other stats; that would be awsome. :)
DeathDriver

Post by DeathDriver »

definitely a good idea, I will support it :)
Caster and Entertainer, Trackmania - http://www.facebook.com/tm.deathdriver
Captain Germany National Team, Trackmania Nations Forever
Former n!faculty Trackmania 2 League Admin
Former Electronic Sports League Trackmania Head Admin
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

tcq wrote:Got this idea, concerning a clan managment system. It would be really cool, if there would be a ingame system, where you can create a clan (as admin) and invite players to join it. To secure the system and keep the player list in the clan up to date, you need to write the invitaion/request (admin/user) and to accept it.
A few features of this system could be the possibility to click on the profile of a team member and then directly write a pm to him. Or to create squads (TM2/SM/QM).

Over this clan managment system you could be able to set up a clan ladder (in all games TM/SM/QM), additional to a player ladder.
Another nice feature could be, if this list is accessible for servercontrollers, so they do a team ranking on the servers, without needing the clan leader to create a team and to add all players.

Just my two cents, tell me what you think about this.
If we start doing this, we will stop making the engine in itself.

This is the kind of example that could be made out of Nadeo. We are working on a structure that could make this type of dev or help players to do it. We think that it is better than we concentrate on the low level engines or systems.

Maybe Nadeo can add something to the system that helps this (a transversal clan information to be used by dedicated servers, or not) but it should be something simple to do and simple to use by users.

I am answering only there but it is a more general way at looking at Nadeo job:"if it could be made from outside, it is less likely that our team will do it directly"
Zooz

Post by Zooz »

If it's done from outside, it will be less of a "core" feature - probably not integrated with multiple aspects of the game (solo and multiplayer ladder, dedicated server, manialink functionality, player profile etc). It will also be less visible like manialinks now, so less people will bother to use it. See ManiaTeam for an example :P

Of course it's better than nothing if you have no time for it, but I think there's a limit to what the community can build for the game, and that limit is probably where you need to include multiple aspects of the game (other than manialink+server which works pretty well already).

But I don't know how far Maniaplanet customization will go, maybe it will surprise us :D
Image [CMC]Zooz | tracks - team - youtubes - ET competitions

Return to “Maniaplanet”