[TMF] ManiaPub, promote your creations !

Discuss all the publishing tools, including ManiaHome, ManiaPub, ManiaFlash and ManiaPress in this forum

Moderator: NADEO

Condor

Re: MANIAPUB, promote your creations !

Post by Condor »

10 Days no answer! :cry:
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

All submitted ads have been moderated ;)
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
Condor

Post by Condor »

Alinoa wrote:All submitted ads have been moderated ;)

Hmm didnt see enything new! And stil i cant create new campaign, and in ads 2 awaiting validation for long time now!
kroco

Post by kroco »

ok, I'm a bit confused now..

1 Week ago I sent in my latest ad (same pic as the signature), and now I got the answer - Rejected.
Reason: "specify the author of the 2D-skin"

Well, as long at it says "MANIAPUB, promote your creations!", why am I supposed to name the 2D-Skin-author? It is my skin, that's why I sell it on my ml.

ok, now I could change the skinspages and write everywhere that I'm the skinauthor of each skin, that's not the problem.

What's bothering me is that it seems, that you don't really care if people sell their own stuff, or "stolen" stuff. What else could be the reason, why I should specify the skin-author?

Also I've recently seen some ml's selling "stolen" stuff advertising with maniapub. That's not fair for the authors, even when they name the authors.. AND the slogan "promote your creations" doesn't work with that system..

cheers, kroco..
gouxim
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by gouxim »

kroco wrote:What's bothering me is that it seems, that you don't really care if people sell their own stuff, or "stolen" stuff. What else could be the reason, why I should specify the skin-author?
First of all, thanks for your feedback.

It's not that we don't care. We simply cannot take care of this problem (ie. "the manaialinks that sell 'stolen' content") ourselves because of the huge amount of community created content.

Specifying the Skin/3D authors, even if it's yourself, is one of the tool we want to standardize to help moderating such issues within the community.

You also have to keep in mind that many skins are based on someone else's 3D model, hence the need to always specify the authors ; and some Manialink sell other people's creations with their consent. We cannot handle every special case (eg. "it's my Manialink with my creations") so in the end we chose the rule to always put authors.

Now I realize that the rules are a bit unclear at the moment and that it may be a bit frustrating to have its ad refused. ManiaPub in TMF is a great experimentation platform for us to learn about community advertising ; so you will still find some small glitches like that in the user experience. Hopefully the experience will be smoother in Maniaplanet (for exampel we will precisely write all the rules) 8-)
Please do not PM for support. Instead, create a thread so that everyone can contribute or benefit from the answer! 8-)
Trom

Re: [TMF] ManiaPub, promote your creations !

Post by Trom »

In my opinion, everyone should get a lock of one month in Maniapub. Who loads skins from the carpark and packed onto the Manialink.
Such things were checked sometimes. Why not now?
The same with Avatars. The Breasts of a Women should not be shown in a Game that will be played from Kids.
Such Manialinks must be closed

Edit by modo: no need to put everything in bold

ok :thumbsup:
Last edited by Trom on 06 Jan 2012, 11:47, edited 1 time in total.
gouxim
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by gouxim »

We apply moderation on ManiaPub, precisely to avoid having manialinks with inappropriate content.

But sometimes people change their Manialinks after it was validated ; given the number of pages, it's impossible for us to control everything all the time.

That's why in Maniaplanet we're working on a simple and efficient system so people can report abuses after an ad was validated.

In TMF, you can always post a message here and we'll reject the ad so that the Manialink cannot advertise again.
Please do not PM for support. Instead, create a thread so that everyone can contribute or benefit from the answer! 8-)
Trom

Post by Trom »

OK, then i will play the bad Evil :D
At the moment i know 3 Manialinks with many Skins from Carpark.

1. ali
2. digga
3. ska

If i find more, i will post them here
gouxim
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by gouxim »

The problem is not "Skins from Carpark".
The problem is "Skins from Carpark without the consent of the author".

So if you want to report such Manialinks, please provide information for that - or even better, have the original author report it.
Trom

Post by Trom »

ah..so it is allowed to sell skins from carpark?

Return to “Ingame Publishing”