Project: Drive All Tracks

Discuss everything related to Trackmania 2.

Moderator: English Moderator

tbpotn

Re: Project: Drive All Tracks

Post by tbpotn »

I started with first drift and couldn't stop till i got the mania-exchange first time xD Guess this isn't suited for me, but ill try to catch up someday. (have exams and TNC these days, so not that much time)
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

HaagseSmurf wrote:Really nice project Eyebo!!
I hope you can drive more tracks each day then there are added as new tracks, otherwise you cannot reach the final goal which is to drive a track that has just been added :lol:
I really need to step it up if that is ever to happen. I need to drive at least 100 tracks every day to catch up in a reasonable amount of time.
HaagseSmurf wrote:Your youtubechannel will also be a nice database to check for tracks!
Maybe you could also add a small objective comment on each track, or is it already to late for that.
I could try to do that. It's not a bad idea.
I might mention something specific. Maybe what was most challenging for me as a driver, or a potential problem with the track.
Also, it might be nice to organize them into playlists for different styles.
HaagseSmurf wrote:Perhaps someone could surprise the MXID-Drivers with a special track to honour them and place it somewhere on ManiaExchange, as a special surprise track :D
That would be funny and cool. :mrgreen:
HaagseSmurf wrote:So keep on driving Eyebo and all other MXID-Drivers!!!
:pil
tbpotn wrote:I started with first drift and couldn't stop till i got the mania-exchange first time xD Guess this isn't suited for me, but ill try to catch up someday. (have exams and TNC these days, so not that much time)
I know what you're talking about. It's hard to pull yourself away and move to the next map. It's so easy to just hunt a map until you take the best time. Even though I'm not trying for best time on every map, I am spending way too much time... if I'm ever to meet my goal of driving every map. Perhaps I will have to resolve myself to being content with a clean, but slow run, on each map.

I'm glad to see you tried the project though. Maybe you'll be able to resume at some point. ;)

SPIDER suggested that we change our display name on MX and add a number after our name to show what track ID we're on in the project. So that's what I've done. My name currently has (106) after it. RachoVolker and SPIDER have also joined the project.

Here's the MX forum sister thread about this project:
http://tm.mania-exchange.com/threads/vi ... cks?page=1
Former QC Manager at Ubisoft Nadeo.
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

I'm not one to usually double post. But the one above was from yesterday. And this is a totally new thing as of today...

I'll quote what I said on MX.
eyebo wrote:To finish in a year (if people stopped posting any more tracks from now on) I'd have to drive about 40 tracks per day.

So, what I've decided to do is this:

I will try to post videos of at least 50 tracks per day. But I will not restrict them to only my own replays. From now on I will take whatever replay is the best posted and make a video of that. This should give people even more incentive to post the best times. It could be a video of your run that gets made. ;)

I'm also still doing the project to drive every track myself, but this will alleviate some pressure on me to set crazy good times on every map.

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit
tbpotn

Post by tbpotn »

What about cutting? Just found a way to cut tmx-id 11 R|Complacency and uploaded it.. is it allowed to get a good time, or should we drive the track as it's supposed to? :P
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

Cutting is of course allowed. ;)

I've been trying to drive tracks with cuts both ways just for the videos, so I can show how the author intended the map to be driven... but for everyone else gogo cut !! 8-)

haenry
Halloween Mapper 2011

Post by haenry »

This somehow reminds me at the treasure hunt from X-rated in TMU:
Every player got some pages with 20 tracks each. The search, to get to these pages, was classified by awards least and release date oldest. So the pages given to the players, only showed up very old tracks with zero awards.
Then they had to go through their pages to detect the "gold nuggets".
All good "gold nugget" tracks were uploaded to a server, where everyone could vote for their favorite. The best find was rewarded with coppers!
(german contest, so a german link, sry for that :? http://forum.deepsilver.com/forum/showt ... -X-cReATED! )

The effect of your search and the contest is similar. Unknown good tracks get discovered. Only difference is the amount of people searching :thumbsup:
A nice person is a better person!
Did you participate in a Monthly Track Contest yet?
My Maniaplanet maps!
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

Oh wow, I had forgotten about that. I remember playing on that server. That was a really cool idea.

zootie

Post by zootie »

Eyebo you crazy !! :roflol: It's gonna take you years !!

But saying that it's encouraging to see and good luck !! :yes:

Maybe I will post a track again sometime on MX ... :shock:
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

zootie wrote:Eyebo you crazy !! :roflol: It's gonna take you years !!

But saying that it's encouraging to see and good luck !! :yes:
Thanks. :mrgreen:

The project is definitely taking a while, but I find myself not doing it every day, or I'd be further ahead. I'm currently about 234 maps in. I'm also driving some newer maps at the same time, so that'll save some time later when I get to those.

And today I took a break to play in the Planets Millions Cup. Over 100 players were in it.

We raced on 4 long tracks, and it was some of the best fun I've had in Canyon yet. The last map was over 13 minutes long. Just phenomenal experience to drive long tracks in this fun environment.

Here's a screenshot of the top servers today just before the competition began...

By the time the match started there was already around 136 players.

Anyway, back to driving all tracks on MX. :pil

An update on the others who are doing this project too:

3 - iNDEX
5 - sirc
10 - w1lla
24 - aleph0
105 - rachovolker
163 - SPIDER
234 - eyebo
305 - chuckie
436 - Buddha

JumperJack

Post by JumperJack »

wow, eyebo, this initiative... :shock:

but since you started not even that long ago, i think it's even possible... it'll be a lot of work, though, so much that i most certainly won't join you, but i am impressed! :thumbsup:

nevertheless, i wonder one thing when browsing through the earliest tracks on tmx; you seem to have posted replays on all of those first many tracks, but not on acegikmo's track, track ID 6... why not? ;)

anyway, keep it up! :D
CMC JumperJackツ

Return to “Trackmania 2”