server population right now?

Talk about the online play and eSport / team

Moderator: English Moderator

Almie

Re: Last preview for Maniaplanet 4

Post by Almie »

This is all very exciting, but isn't Maniaplanet pretty much dead? I don't mean to sound negative, but after not being able to find a populated server I gave up on playing a while ago. I'd love to play some SM again if I could. It's great that MP4 is on it's way, but are there going to be players and content creators to make use of all those cool new features?
Miss

Post by Miss »

"No populated servers"

You joker

3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
HYPE

Post by HYPE »

Almie wrote: 19 Feb 2017, 01:46 This is all very exciting, but isn't Maniaplanet pretty much dead? I don't mean to sound negative, but after not being able to find a populated server I gave up on playing a while ago. I'd love to play some SM again if I could. It's great that MP4 is on it's way, but are there going to be players and content creators to make use of all those cool new features?
Tell me which mode you would like to play and I will tell you around which time you will have the best chances :D if someone is still playing this mode :P
HYPE Smurf

Professional QuestMania-Player since 2022

When you get sad, stop being sad and be AWESOME instead.

ShootMania Community Discord Server
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

HYPE wrote: 19 Feb 2017, 13:14Tell me which mode you would like to play and I will tell you around which time you will have the best chances :D if someone is still playing this mode :P
This is the best you can do :thumbsup:
i7mean

Post by i7mean »

Miss wrote: 19 Feb 2017, 12:09 "No populated servers"

You joker

Lol sorry but 50 players ... well. Even tho I'm not a ShootMania real players I sometimes go there to test my noob skills and Infection mode is in my opinion unplayable for this game, if you add the fact that Battle server has sometimes (I don't say always, I don't exagerate) cheaters on it... Siege is the only okay servers out of this list and still you need to take in fact that most maps have glitch on it but yeah "everything allowed"
novationx

Post by novationx »

Your enthuasiasm is just out of this world, Miss & HYPE.

Let's say I wanted to play Elite? -- Problem solved because one server in the entire world has 4 persons playing Elite? What if I'm way more skilled than them? What about having to play 2v3? What if I would like to play another map? Or the official mappack?

We dont need a screenshot to prove this game is active when it clearly isn't.

On top of that HYPE: 'Tell me when you want to play then I'll find the right time for you to play."
Just this sentence alone proves my point. It's like you need an appointement and pray to God in order to play a gamemode you like, with the right people & with the right conditions.

Anyways... I dont want to start this same discussion again. I understand that negativity is not welcome on this forum. But please... Also cut the false positivity. The playerbase is an absolute joke and MISS you should make the devs aware of this in stead of pretending that everything is all right.

Dreammy
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

If you really think like this, then Nadeo can certainly shut down Shootmania for good, and fully concentrate on Trackmania, this will make much more people happy than the remaining few Shootmaniacs.
And this would also stop those endless debates as well. No Shootmania, no cry.
tcq

Post by tcq »

Actually, this is were novationx is 100% right and TMarc is wrong. There are simply no players around to make this game playable. But as it was already pointed out, there is no sense to discuss this topic again as there is simply no way to have a fruitful discussion about this here. Either you are a heretic in pointing it out, or you are totally devoid against critical arguments as the other half in here. There is simply no middle line and this is what sickens me.
Saying that there are 40 people world wide playing shootmania and are being splintered into different game styles so that some are simply unplayable due to not meeting the required amount of people. Who cares about times when you can play a certain mode if this time doesn't match the time you have to play the game. I doubt that channels (hey, I'm getting the curve towards the topic) will change anything with the current player base. If the playerbase would be higher, then they might provide nice "centralisation" effects on different game modes. But this will probably fade away as did the valley hype.
Miss

Post by Miss »

Mods, can we get merge these posts out, or delete them (with notice this time)? :thumbsup:

Also, that screenshot was taken early in the day, so naturally there will also be a lot more later in the evening. :?
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

tcq wrote: 19 Feb 2017, 16:43 Actually, this is were novationx is 100% right and TMarc is wrong. There are simply no players around to make this game playable
Really, where am I wrong?
You say yourself there is no player.
Why do you want to maintain a game, investing lot of time, money and tears, where nobody is playing?
This makes no sense at all.

I fear that after the beta or even the next release, there will only be a small up in player count, and then the usual complainers will say that the changes are still not enough, and again this will not help to bring in more players.

Miss, from where should I split the topic? from Almies post on?

Return to “Multiplayer”