Steam Controller crashes game.

Moderators: w1lla, NADEO

toffe

Re: Steam Controller crashes game.

Post by toffe »

When playing with steam controller you have to start the game with steam.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

from "I'm a nice people person, hello!" in the Steam forum:
Steam Controller works just fine. The only crashing it does is with gyro enabled while in-menu and you can easily get around that by setting to anything but 'Always on'.
Could anyone of you having the Steam Controller check and confirm if it works now? :)
toffe

Post by toffe »

TMarc wrote:from "I'm a nice people person, hello!" in the Steam forum:
Steam Controller works just fine. The only crashing it does is with gyro enabled while in-menu and you can easily get around that by setting to anything but 'Always on'.
Could anyone of you having the Steam Controller check and confirm if it works now? :)
Whats exactly meant by the 'gyro enabled'. There is way too much config possibilities for me to find this out without the exact control and config name :shock: .
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

toffe

Post by toffe »

Aha. I didn't configure the gyro/accelerometer for ManiaPlanet and it isn't doing anything. I can look into settings a bit more tomorrow. But I think it's a sort of disabled right now.

Btw the crash happens more when I'm playing on a map with a mod and the mod is being applied after give up button. On some maps I even crash 5 seconds after joining server.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

this rather looks like the crash reason is not depending on the gyro setting :?
perhaps Nadeo should really purchase one Steam Controller... as it looks like more and more people will have one...
toffe

Post by toffe »

TMarc wrote:this rather looks like the crash reason is not depending on the gyro setting :?
perhaps Nadeo should really purchase one Steam Controller... as it looks like more and more people will have one...
Unfortunately the controller is really good :D
And yes. It would be good for Nadeo to purchase one, also a good idea to create a profile "made by the developers" like almost all other steam games.
Miss

Post by Miss »

I've been having this crashing from day 1, so if disabling the Gyro feature fixes it, Toffe did you make sure it's not bound to anything at all in your configuration?
toffe

Post by toffe »

Miss wrote:I've been having this crashing from day 1, so if disabling the Gyro feature fixes it, Toffe did you make sure it's not bound to anything at all in your configuration?
I will have a look soon. Was it also crashing for you just when you touch the respawn button?

And how exactly can you disable it? Just unbind it? Because as far as I know it's unbinded. Has no content in the input field (on the overlay config).

Miss

Post by Miss »

toffe wrote:I will have a look soon. Was it also crashing for you just when you touch the respawn button?

And how exactly can you disable it? Just unbind it? Because as far as I know it's unbinded. Has no content in the input field (on the overlay config).

Crashed for me mostly in the menu and loading screens actually.. And since I'm a keyboard player in Canyon I haven't played too much with it yet :P

You can unbind it in that configuration screen, if you press the middle thing and make sure it's bound to "None" (or something like that), it should be unbound.

Return to “Maniaplanet Reports”