Trackmania Beta3 Dedicatedserver, v2011-08-16

Moderator: NADEO

_bb_mort

Re: Trackmania Beta3 Dedicatedserver, v2011-08-16

Post by _bb_mort »

I thought I was going mad. I'm so glad (in a bad way) that other people are having the same disconnect problems. My server (Home ADSL 10mb/1mb) would hit 10 players and be fine, then a few more join and suddenly heaps of people are getting disconnected at the end of each map. Used to handle 40 TM1 players no problems, although I am aware of the extra requirements for TM2.

I don't know what the timeout is (client or server side?) but it would be great if it could be increased, or allowed to be adjusted at the server-side. If you are running a TA server for example then it doesn't really matter if a few people take longer to get a track the first time, and once it's in their cache it's not a problem anymore.

I do like the idea of .loc files for tracks, but that does create a problem if the place hosting the tracks has a problem and people can't download them. What happens then? Do they get kicked off the server or does the server somehow know that people can't download the track and it auto-skips to the next track?
Last edited by _bb_mort on 03 Sep 2011, 04:03, edited 1 time in total.
Flighthigh

Post by Flighthigh »

Yes WolFree it's not a local problem. Many Serverowner with his TM2-Server on private Hosts are have this problems too. It's only the Maptraffice on a Mapchange what have 400-450 kb per Player. So you get for 15 Players 6MB Traffic upload in a few second. All Players they have the Map not in her own cache and dont get the Map as fast as possible are kicked out. Thats the reality. I hope that Nadeo can find a way for this problem. Im a little bit astonished over that, that nowbody from Nadeo tell us something to this.

Player who buy a external V-Server and run her TM2-Server on this have also problems. There is the best upload in the near of 10 - 12 MB. So its enough for 30 Players max.

I hope on Nadeo too fixed this for the collective good.
tmdunhill

Post by tmdunhill »

For information, I put my server on a dedicated 100mb of Down and 50 Mb of upload, yet after 25 players they are disconnecting the trace maps. :shock:

I think the quickest solution is to change the program dedicated to increase the waiting time downloading map.

Hugs to all.

Tmdunhill.
;)
jonthekiller
Translator
Translator

Post by jonthekiller »

This problem is fixed for the next update :thumbsup:
Flighthigh

Post by Flighthigh »

Thks jonthekiller

What kind of problem you mean and on what time we can count of this update.
jonthekiller
Translator
Translator

Post by jonthekiller »

The next map is downloaded directly when we play and not on the podium. The server has the time to upload the map. The update is for soon.
_bb_mort

Post by _bb_mort »

SWEEEETTTTT!!!!!
tmdunhill

Post by tmdunhill »

Great news! Thanks for the feedback!

Greetings.
Tmdunhill
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Return to “Dedicated Server”