[Display] dx11

Discuss everything related to Maniaplanet.

Moderator: English Moderator

jamie_macdonald

[Display] dx11

Post by jamie_macdonald »

Hi,

just incase it's not o nthe cards, can we have full dx11 feature support? (if it is not allready), so we can get some tesselated polygons for infinite scaling ...would be awesome to see tm2 with all the trimmings to last for the next gen. :D
farfa
Nadeo
Nadeo

Re: [Display] dx11

Post by farfa »

That's a suggestion for all games, so I moved the topic to the maniaplanet section ;)
Also known as: satanasdiabolo
Kakkoii

Post by Kakkoii »

I concur. The improvements and features DX11 brings are very well worth the extra development time.

GPU Compute shader built in (DirectCompute)
Much better multi-threading features built in through the use of some extra DX code in your build.
GPU accelerated Tessellation to allow for massively detailed scenes, not just the illusion of it made by current methods.
And a few other great improvements.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPQ5Vy_5MP0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uavLefzDuQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkKtY2G3FbU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8E6Ikmt0gY
Xbody

Post by Xbody »

DirectX 11 is unnecessary and slow. One does not need DirectX10 or DirectX11.
The difference is too small to DX9, so it consumes only performance.

I don't want a DX11 game!!! :twisted:
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

We want to make a perfectly running DX9 version, in order to be supported by the maximum number of hardware at really high performance. If we do a DX11, it will be as an update later.
jamie_macdonald

Hylis:

Sounds fine to me that you would want to do working and most importantly - very compatible dx9 version first. :D

I will of course look forward to a "fully fledged" version using hardware feature that can make it look even better... To tesselate it will look very nice ^^

Xbody:

Obviously you do not have a good dx11 card, or dont even have dx11 fullstop, your comment sounds like it's coming from eyes of a fanboi and not someone who actually has such function. :? (it is infact very smoothe and makes game models look far nicer than created, plus the lighting and shaders and 32x AA make for an awesome visual experience).
Xbody

Post by Xbody »

jamie_macdonald wrote:Hylis:

Sounds fine to me that you would want to do working and most importantly - very compatible dx9 version first. :D

I will of course look forward to a "fully fledged" version using hardware feature that can make it look even better... To tesselate it will look very nice ^^

Xbody:

Obviously you do not have a good dx11 card, or dont even have dx11 fullstop, your comment sounds like it's coming from eyes of a fanboi and not someone who actually has such function. :?
Not a DX11 but DX10-graphic card.
And in the most DX10 games I couldn't see a big difference to DX9. Just the performance was very bad.
Even with the latest hardware games are playable only with medium tessalation.
You need two cards to play games with tessalation-features or your frame rate is under 20 FPS.
jamie_macdonald

Xbody wrote:
jamie_macdonald wrote:Hylis:

Xbody:

Obviously you do not have a good dx11 card, or dont even have dx11 fullstop, your comment sounds like it's coming from eyes of a fanboi and not someone who actually has such function. :?
Not a DX11 but DX10-graphic card.
And in the most DX10 games I couldn't see a big difference to DX9. Just the performance was very bad.
Even with the latest hardware games are playable only with medium tessalation.
You need two cards to play games with tessalation-features or your frame rate is under 20 FPS.
One question, what does dx10 have to do with dx11 (my answer would be nothing)?

dx10 was a complete failure, in the most part ... dx 11 has actually come up with some decent innovation, trust me i have had them all ;)

I run all dx11 game on max settings with tesselation up as high as i can ... smoothe (one one card (gtx480))... so dont tell me it performs bad when i actually have the hardware and the fps to prove it, the scare stories are not needed here.
megaplayer

Post by megaplayer »

oh yeah, tm2 with dx11 effects ^^ wanna see!!

@XBody: you say that dx11 is making games just slower, but how can you say that without having a card which supports DX11?? i think, many GPU's will be fast enaugh to play tm2 with dx11 effects.
okay, tesslation costs a lot of performance, but even a small tesslation is a giant different!
only because dx10 was bad, you don't have to think DX11 is bad too :x

@jamie_macdonald: well, the gtx480 is the 2nd fastest GPU xD
it's too expansive for many people. i hope i can play dx11 games with high tesslation with my HD5770...
Xbody

Post by Xbody »

OK, I believe you. But which operating system do you have?

Return to “Maniaplanet”