[Canyon] ROC 100k - Race Of Champions

Rules for the servers that are running highest ladder matches

Moderators: w1lla, TheM, le-professionel, sbone, laurens92, NADEO

serujio

[Canyon] ROC 100k - Race Of Champions

Post by serujio »

All competitions organized by the community, like ET-Generation , SmurfsCup, MxKnockout, PlanetsMillionsCup, etc., have an admin to take care of the competition live, to solve the problems and everything.

Then I was wondering why ROC, which is the official competition for the top ladder of the game, that I guess was supposed to be an important thing, seems to be abandoned.

some problems are:
- some servers running with 12 players instead of 8, which gives more points for who plays on these servers - with no ROC admin, the server admin can do what he wants.
- servers with maps not on the competition type.
- list of ROC servers not being updated in the time it was supposed to be.

my main message is that ROC should have more attention and better administration, which doesnt seem hard to be done.
Last edited by serujio on 05 Apr 2013, 09:55, edited 1 time in total.
Raymann_Brain

Re: [Canyon] ROC 100k - Race Of Champions

Post by Raymann_Brain »

I'm exactly the same opinion :clap:
We urgently need someone who has more time for us..
long wait for reply pn or email does not advance us.. :cry:
I hope there will be some change in the future..
and nadeo will certainly find a good contact person.. :thumbsup:
cu
Jar-Jar

Post by Jar-Jar »

One can, in terms roc real here no longer be satisfied, everyone does what he wants no control something here.
I would like to know if it stays that way, or whether there someday a routine set, where you can also then knows where to turn!.
It looks as if the task Cerovan RoC rotation, RoCMaps check every 3 months is overwhelmed.
I think it is safe to the fact that Mr. Cerovan of everything else takes care Shoot Mania, any notes, etc.
My e-mails are unanswered for months, and now I have no desire to wait even longer for something that does not happen, apparently only when there times one has to just pleasurable.
I have the theme Roc server finished for me because it's too much hassle for me every day again and again to look for an answer.
Apart from all the time is a server with Roc settings for checking the run before, but for months simply nothing happens.
Many people are waiting for answers from Cerovan, I can not understand why they let us wait for ever so long.
Even the topiks here are simply overlooked. :teub:

Jary
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

Each RoC server owner is responsible of his server administration. I think that RoC owners do their best to respect the rules for the RoC session. However as they run their server for three months, they can encounter some issue (administration not available, server hosting issue,...). So if you notice issues on RoC servers, please report them on forums by providing us with the server name or login and type of issue.
Players help in moderating server ladders, so you are welcome to join the server ladder moderators team.

Thanks all for your input :)
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
laurens92

Post by laurens92 »

Hey Alinoa,

I reacted already many times the same as serujio his post now.
Maybe I understood your last sentence wrong, because I requested to have some ladder moderators in Canyon,
who can handle if necessary, as you answerred: "at the moment not". So maybe now yes or?

Regards,
Laurens.
Professional TM² Canyon player, member of Team Awsomniac.
Ladder Moderator, if you have questions, don't be scary to ask!
Raymann_Brain

Post by Raymann_Brain »

hi alinoa
It's not just about the server..
one gets never an answer to emails or pn..
I myself have had many emails to cerovan, alex, and jar jar also many mails for months..
the roc server list until the end of march http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic.php?f=268&t=8981 was not updated.
many people are waiting for server-roc..
I understand they have a lot to do, But times will update a list should be possible..

nice day cu ray
TheM

Post by TheM »

Alinoa wrote:Players help in moderating server ladders, so you are welcome to join the server ladder moderators team.
We do, but not on the Race of Champions servers, which is the problem and topic of these posts.
The RoC servers are directly administered by NADEO (in the person of Cerovan) and not by players.
Global moderator | Dutch moderator | Laddermoderator | ManiaWiki moderator
Server Manager/webmaster of Smurfen.net, join us on Canyon, Valley and Royal!
ESL (Game) Staff Head for TrackMania (Stadium, Canyon and Valley).
Raymann_Brain

Post by Raymann_Brain »

TheM wrote:The RoC servers are directly administered by NADEO (in the person of Cerovan) and not by players.
nice man but never reached :(
Romain42

Post by Romain42 »

I think Nadeo is already doing too much with the ladder. Their job is to create games, and if possible awesome ones. If you want them to manage the servers, the tournaments and all the community stuff they'll end up with 300 employees and you'll see how rises the price of the games. Thus, except if you want to get rid of all the tournaments organizers you quoted, there is no point to invest so much on the ladder. It's becoming sad to see Nadeo making the job of the community instead of the community itself... Should we create TM3 by ourselves?
serujio

Post by serujio »

hey Romain, I guess you misunderstood the point here.

We are only asking for basic support from Nadeo. The ladder servers are still run by the community, and we would love to be able to moderate the ROC system by ourselves. The problem is that only Nadeo can update the ROC servers list(which was supposed to happen every 3 months), ban servers that don´t run correctly and everything else. I know some very responsible players that could take the hole Cerovan(Nadeo) was "supposed" to have here. And everything would be easier, faster and more productive like you say. But as it is a system related to the core of the game(ladder) it seems not possible.

Some players like to be top on the ladder, others(or both) likes to play ET tournaments. One don´t eliminate the other, it´s just one more option. No need to get rid of ROC or any community tournament. :thumbsup:

Return to “Ladder Servers”