Hitbox & laser display

Talk about the online play and eSport / team

Moderator: English Moderator

sadzealot

Re: Hitbox & laser display

Post by sadzealot »

Hylis wrote:
novationx wrote:What exactly is the job of snapshotdelta? And still when 1 player laggs, everybody laggs. Why is this still in place?
If two people would like to take the quad damage at the same time, what will be the delay before you can tell who won it? it's the SDT. If you would like to know at what speed you see the reality, it's now netvision you should look after. Someone with a low ping will not cause you trouble on that, but if he wants the quad damage at the same time as you, you will have to wait for the referee: the server, to say it's ok.
Shall I repeat the question you completely ignored?
novationx wrote:And still when 1 player laggs, everybody laggs. Why is this still in place?
This has to disappear completely. There are other ways of having the server be the referee without having to wait for him.

But in the end it's all fine, keeping stuff like this in place just means that any game-mode with more than 5-6 people publicly will be less fun and scare people away from this project.
caV

Post by caV »

This hitbox is *** embarrassing no wonder the games so *** dead. When you make a shooter the most important thing is that when you shoot on people it works, not 3 ft behind them, not between their legs but when you shoot on the guy dead in the chest it hits.

First you lack any initiative to market the game and have just given up it seems.

Second you have had 2 years to *** fix the game and what did you do after two years? Oh ya added these awesome teleport pads and fixed it so when one person lags the whole games doesn't warp, gratz my 2 yr own niece coulda done a more bangup job in 2 years.

Third and most importantly why is this game not FREE TO PLAY!? League of Legends is free to play and that game is super dead, oh wait it is the most popular game in e-sports. No one will pay $14.99 for this game, make it free to play and add ingame credit where u can buy skins or unique items of some sort.

Hylis you got a lot to work on after 2 years still, get off your ass and make something happen!
Hylis wrote:Here are some pictures to better understand how the hitbox is, as well as how the laser can be displayed.

________________________________________________________________________________________
Hitbox_800.jpg
Laser_800.jpg
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

Then find a better game to play with sadzealot or go play for free to Leagues of Legends. Don't become like him, spending his whole days to look at a forum of a game made by people that he tries to insult, but make them look like capable to make such a game that he is staying in spite of his profond desire to leave, like he expressed already. This is so contradictory that it's becoming really funny. If he was capable to make some positive posts, it would look like legitimate, but now it's much more like a farce.

By the way, we are still improving the game, we are going toward the demo to make an easier opening for new players and there are good reason to have this kind of hitbox (that we will improve again a little on next update, as well as various things)
Omnixor
Translator
Translator

Post by Omnixor »

Hylis wrote:Then find a better game to play with sadzealot
new and free-to-play Unreal Tournament this year will surely please them, as it most likely will please everyone else who's in SM just to play, and not to create. so yeah, you better be successful with the demo ;)
- staff head of ESL TM²Stadium -
novationx

Post by novationx »

Omnixor wrote:
new and free-to-play Unreal Tournament this year will surely please them, as it most likely will please everyone else who's in SM just to play, and not to create. so yeah, you better be successful with the demo ;)
So true :)
But now NADEO has my full support for the demo ^^ Im really looking forward to it!! :D :D
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
Joader

Post by Joader »

Hylis wrote:Then find a better game to play with sadzealot or go play for free to Leagues of Legends. Don't become like him, spending his whole days to look at a forum of a game made by people that he tries to insult, but make them look like capable to make such a game that he is staying in spite of his profond desire to leave, like he expressed already. This is so contradictory that it's becoming really funny. If he was capable to make some positive posts, it would look like legitimate, but now it's much more like a farce.

By the way, we are still improving the game, we are going toward the demo to make an easier opening for new players and there are good reason to have this kind of hitbox (that we will improve again a little on next update, as well as various things)
This has never in any way been a means to insult nadeo. What he (and many other players who left already) wanted to communicate is that the concept of this game is indeed really awesome. People like him are here to point out the flaws that are still in this game. As I always tried to tell my teammates : If there is flame take the constructive criticism out of it, if there is none, ignore it.
Here we clearly have constructive criticism as several long-ass posts in the past showed. And I hope that in the future the constuctive criticism will be taken into account when trying to safe this game from death
n0face

Post by n0face »

Omnixor wrote:
Don't forget DOOM, which will be revealed at QuakeCon in few days. I love this game and I wish Nadeo would start to listen to the community. Many important ideas were suggested by the community and yet I feel like Nadeo dosen't care about it and keep doing w/e they want with the game when they are supposed to listen to the community (you said that). It dosent feel right. :( I wish this game to be successful as I really love it.
caV

Post by caV »

Hylis wrote:Then find a better game to play with sadzealot or go play for free to Leagues of Legends. Don't become like him, spending his whole days to look at a forum of a game made by people that he tries to insult, but make them look like capable to make such a game that he is staying in spite of his profond desire to leave, like he expressed already. This is so contradictory that it's becoming really funny. If he was capable to make some positive posts, it would look like legitimate, but now it's much more like a farce.

Hylis the only funny thing is in 2 years you have displayed not only a lack of work ethic but you cheat in your OWN GAME LOL! That is what is hilarious, you can't get a anti-cheat cause it would bust yourself LOL. If you had no plans of making a effort to improve the game then why do you go on this forum and try to explain yourself rather than just maning up, taking responsibility for your actions and doing it? I guess you aren't a real man, no wonder Germany rolled over France so easy you fold like a piece of paper.

You need to go to community college and take a business or marketing course because the mess you did with shootmania is :roflol:. Now you said the word "contradictory" but I don't think you know what it means. For example when you said you were working to improve the game and 2 years later you release the worst hitbox display I've seen in 20 years that was contradictory to your previous statements. Make this game free to play I can assure you that you will get 10x more players back than charging $15 for a half ass done game.

The hitbox is awful, the reg is awful, the only thing going for this game is the movement but everyone macro's mini jumps so how can you not. In 2 years you changed 4 things, new awful hitbox, actually fixed snapshot delta :yes: gratz, and you made the rockets look different and nukes look like bowling balls...that is it.

Rather than try to defend the piece of shit mess you produced spend more time working to improve the game
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

caV, you may not like the game, you may not like what Nadeo did and what they are doing at the moment.
That's ok.

But by no means you have the right to insult them like you did here.
If someone would insult you that much, make fun of your own work, how would you react, hm!?
And please don't bring silly comparisons like to the WW2, this has absolutely nothing to do here.
This is not tolerated here.
So stop this.

ShootMania is the first FPS game of Nadeo, they were doing mostly racing and simulation games before,
it has its own concept with the editor, which is a really great thing.
So they need some more time to improve things without directly copying what the others are doing.
We certainly do not need another clone of CS or Doom or Quake or Unreal.

ShootMania has to establish and to improve like all the other games when they were brand new and unknown.

Now if you would calm down and refrain from insulting, your criticism would be much more welcome.
Besides this please respect the forum rules.
novationx

Post by novationx »

TMarc wrote: ShootMania is the first FPS game of Nadeo, they were doing mostly racing and simulation games before,
it has its own concept with the editor, which is a really great thing.
So they need some more time to improve things without directly copying what the others are doing.
We certainly do not need another clone of CS or Doom or Quake or Unreal.

ShootMania has to establish and to improve like all the other games when they were brand new and unknown.

Now if you would calm down and refrain from insulting, your criticism would be much more welcome.
Besides this please respect the forum rules.
I believe the shooting mechanics & movement are good. So for their first FPS ( im talking bout gameplay ) they did a good job :thumbsup:
Its everything else ( design, playerbase, motivation ) that is not perfect and I have the right to share that opinion on this forum :) If the game was perfect the forums werent needed.

Not copying of other games? Some things are just basic ( everybody uses it, its default ) : a chat/invite/buddy-system with scroll.... Ranking systems ( every game has them by now )... I would like NADEO to copy this from other games. The look & feel of the game can be unique. I hope that thats what you mean Tmarc.

I would also like to ask NADEO & Moderators to just edit comments. Keep it simple. This way topics actually stay op topic.
"this text was too offensive & removed by a moderator."
The neverending waiting game has to stop.

Return to “Multiplayer”