MP4.1 no sound.[Fix]

Moderator: English Moderator

RXDimA

MP4.1 no sound.[Fix]

Post by RXDimA »

After updating to MP4.1, on both my Desktop PC and laptop, I can no longer hear anything.
Things I tried were to disable all audio enhancements, set audio quality to normal, delete 'Default.SystemConfig.Gbx', reinstall maniaplanet (from steam's Trackmania2 Lagoon download).
Can't run the debug version as steam pops up and complains: "An error occurred while updating (app configuration unavailable)".
I am on Windows 10 Pro 64bit.
halp

Here is the fix:
Electron wrote: 28 May 2019, 00:28 Do not install the OpenAL library from this site: https://www.openal.org/ It is completely obsolete/outdated.
According to the entries in the launcher, Nadeo uses instead a fork of the alternative implementation OpenAL Soft (https://openal-soft.org/).
The Win32 and Win64 binaries provided on this page export the same functions as the ones Nadeo has bundled with ManiaPlanet.
After renaming, they also work fine with Maniaplanet. So that they are not immediately replaced by the updater, you have to change their file date to the current date with a Touch utility.

Every few months I also have the problem that Maniaplanet doesn't output sound. I don't remember the cause anymore. Maybe it was an update of the Realtek audio driver or after I accidentally unplugged my headset again.
But the problem could always be solved with the Volume Mixer (SndVol.exe). The volume control for ManiaPlanet was set to zero. But you couldn't just push it up because it was strangely linked to the other controls. But somehow I managed to get everything back in sync, as you can see in the screenshot:
Last edited by RXDimA on 20 Dec 2018, 07:50, edited 2 times in total.
TMarc

Re: MP4.1 no sound.

Post by TMarc »

Edit from Miss: Seems like this solution in the quote below helps for a lot of people, so I'm yoinking this post for any future googlers to find this:
Electron wrote: 28 May 2019, 00:28 Do not install the OpenAL library from this site: https://www.openal.org/ It is completely obsolete/outdated.
According to the entries in the launcher, Nadeo uses instead a fork of the alternative implementation OpenAL Soft (https://openal-soft.org/).
The Win32 and Win64 binaries provided on this page export the same functions as the ones Nadeo has bundled with ManiaPlanet.
After renaming, they also work fine with Maniaplanet. So that they are not immediately replaced by the updater, you have to change their file date to the current date with a Touch utility.

Every few months I also have the problem that Maniaplanet doesn't output sound. I don't remember the cause anymore. Maybe it was an update of the Realtek audio driver or after I accidentally unplugged my headset again.
But the problem could always be solved with the Volume Mixer (SndVol.exe). The volume control for ManiaPlanet was set to zero. But you couldn't just push it up because it was strangely linked to the other controls. But somehow I managed to get everything back in sync, as you can see in the screenshot:
Could you install the regular client outside of steam?
Just Maniaplanet, from www.maniaplanet.com and then use the debug version?
Sound and music is there in the menus already and this should be sufficient for a test.
Last edited by Miss on 30 May 2019, 19:31, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added solution from Electron
null8fuenf10

Post by null8fuenf10 »

Hi,

here are all links in one thread!
Download the base install and the logs version.
You can install besides the STEAM Version, so don't be afraid to lost something...

viewtopic.php?f=659&t=45018#p302840

Greetings :pil
RXDimA

Post by RXDimA »

Here is the log from my laptop. I will later run the debug version on my desktop PC too.

I couldn't find an option to add an attachment to this post, so the log is on http://pastebin.com/yy2dMen2
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Thanks.
Apparently Maniaplanet is not able to detect your audio device using OpenAL.
Can you please try to run Maniaplanet in 32bits version?
Using the corresponding executable.
RXDimA

Post by RXDimA »

I ran the 32bit version of the debug executable, again on the laptop. I am prompted for an upgrade to v1.81120 (still haven't downloaded it, in case it would make it harder to compare logs).

http://pastebin.com/dGyDP1vE
xbx
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by xbx »

hi!

mm strange.

What is your sound device?
(what is the name shown by windows in the popup menu when you click on the speaker icon in the status bar?)
RXDimA

Post by RXDimA »

Speakers (5- High Definition Audio Device)
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

This is not the real device, it is only what Windows tells you for simplicity ;)

Do you have more details perhaps?
E.g. launch DxDiag (Start, type in DxDiag and press enter) and look at the tabs Sound 1 and Sound 2 (if you have).
Interesting is the manufacturer of the audio device, and the name, and the hardware ID.

Or tell more about your PC (manufacturer, type, model number) if you had purchased it as "complete PC" or laptop.
RXDimA

Post by RXDimA »

The laptop is an ASUS N55SF. The only information I found about it's sound card is that it's a Realtek card.
The Hardware ID of the sound device I use is: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0663&SUBSYS_10431B73&REV_1000

Here is information about my laptop's Sound devices from DxDiag:
pastebin/5AjgJ1M1

I have a separate partition with Windows 7 32bit installed, so I'll try checking if sound works there, and get logs from there as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ran the debug version on my Desktop PC (Win10 64bit, MSI MS-7641 Motherboard), and grabbed DxDiag information about it's sound devices.
Seems like it has an integrated Realtek ALC887 sound card.

32bit debug version log: pastebin/SQBWkgm2

64bit debug version log: pastebin/b78hJ58v

DxDiag sound device information: pastebin/mDH44Qg8

Return to “Support and technical issues (not bug)”