6 steps to make Shootmania a popular game again.

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

Schwarz54

6 steps to make Shootmania a popular game again.

Post by Schwarz54 » 16 Sep 2017, 14:26

:!: Hello, first of all sorry for the bad english you will see in this document, im not english and my english isnt so good. I hope developers give me their opinion or something or why if they know all what I gonna tell you, they dont do anything. Well lets start.
:!: Please before you gonna post, read all the document.

1º Decrease the price:
First of all, shootmania have 5 years its a “old” game, with low player base and strong competitors. A lower price, like 4.99€, will atract more player base being that this game didnt success like the competitors like CSGO. Devs of Nadeo will say “we cant put shootmania to 4.99€ because we need to eat and live, and lower price is not the solution”.
Based on the basic principles of economy, if you drop a tax you will collect more than before because people have more money to expend. If you drop price to 4.99€ you will collect more money than now when game is a 20€, because people will say “well, lets try shootmania is only 5€ I gonna sell something of my steam inventory and I will buy it, its only 5€ dude not 20€”.
The large base of gamers have less than 25 years old, what this data give to us? If you have 17 years old, you only will spend much money in Call of Duty, Battlefield, or some TripleA games, you dont want to spend 20€ in a game you dont know if you gonna like it or will be players in to play with they or with your friends.

2º Competitive modes:
Combo, Elite, Payload etc.. Must have official maps made by devs in official servers to make official competitions. Like 15 maps to each mode. Then you can make a contest to conten creators who make maps and for example 5 first maps that have better puntuation by the comunity pass to official maps and the official maps with low puntuation go out of official servers. The winners of the contest will recieve for example 100€ for map in to the official servers and a tag or achievement in her name like “map creator contest winner”, people like so much this things.
Make an official league: talk with eSports organizations(or influencers) to make an invitational competition like you did before with Dignitas, x6tence(in Elite) and more. Then make a official league. That competition will give you a promotion because eSports organization have a lot of followers in Twitter, Facebook, Reddit etc.. their fans will know now what game is shootmania.
Also, you can talk with streamers and give they keys to giveaway in their stream and twitter or pay them for play X time.

3º Skins and customed poses:
People like customize her character, make it posible, but like this:
- Make chests with skins made from develops: this skins can be used on onfficial servers.
For example one tipe of chest to the body and other tipe of chest for the shield you have in the back. This chests can be open with keys and this keys can be buyed with Planets. With differents thematics like Halloween, Winter, Summer,
3 ways to get planets:
- In an official store: you need to make an official store into Shootmania to buy planets and chests with real money.
- Playing and winning games.
- If you got the same skin you have open in other chest you will recieve planets, or you can sell it in the steam store. (or others pages) to get real money.
With this system you will compensate the 15€ you decrease the price of Shootmania.
You can also make chests with the best comunity skins: Make another contest to the comunity, Best 12 (for example) skins of the contest will make a comunity chest skin.
This skins can be used in the official servers.
Then you can add to the game a skin creator in that you can make your skin but you only can use in the comunity servers, not in the officials.

4º Ladder system:
Make a ladder system like all games have today. You can base your ladder like Gwent card game. I like so much that system:
“The Pro Ladder is a new, season-based competitive mode that lies at the very core of GWENT Masters. It is the entry point for players wishing to join the world of GWENT esports.
Pro Ladder mode becomes available once a player reaches Rank 21 — the highest achievable rank in the game’s standard Ranked Play. Once you’re there, an option to play the Pro Ladder will become available on the Ranked Play tile in the main menu. Should a player reach Rank 21 during a currently running season, the option to compete in the Pro Ladder will become available to them with the start of the next season.”

With this system you need to add seassons of 6 month per season will be OK or maybe 4 months will work good to.

Give to players awards at the end of the season like if you finnish in gold in the ladder you got a gold shield skin to your back, if you finish diamond diamond shield or body armor… and X number of planets. This will motivate players to play ladder.

5º Make a new frontpage:
If I buy Shootmania I dont really want to see how many players are on Trackmania or Trackmania turbo. Make a individual frontpage for Shootmania, specify for Shootmania.
If you enter in CSGO you dont see how many players are in Day of Defeat… you know what I mean?

6º Work.
If you need to down Shootmania 1 month to do all this changes, do it. I preffer not play 1 month and then find Shootmania have 10k players and have a good structure of ladders and rewards.

:arrow: Please, post your opinion of this steps or your ideas, dont really want to think I am the only guy who cares of Shootmania.

David Schwarz made this document. For more ideas/help/leader this proyect: contac email: emdsc@hotmail.com I will give you for free. :thx:

(Schwarz54 game name) :3

MTKD

Re: 6 steps to make Shootmania a popular game again.

Post by MTKD » 16 Sep 2017, 15:23

First of all, shootmania have 5 years its a “old” game, with low player base and strong competitors. A lower price, like 4.99€, will atract more player base being that this game didnt success like the competitors like CSGO.
for that price of 20 euro we get a very large support time for the games from nadeo
If you have 17 years old, you only will spend much money in Call of Duty, Battlefield, or some TripleA games, you dont want to spend 20€ in a game you dont know if you gonna like it or will be players in to play with they or with your friends.
i have this game in one of my older accounts, before i was even 17
In an official store: you need to make an official store into Shootmania to buy planets and chests with real money.
if that happens, it ruins the game completely, because you need to do work for those, and if you could simply buy them, you need to do nothing

Schwarz54

Post by Schwarz54 » 16 Sep 2017, 17:19

MTKD wrote:
16 Sep 2017, 15:23
First of all, shootmania have 5 years its a “old” game, with low player base and strong competitors. A lower price, like 4.99€, will atract more player base being that this game didnt success like the competitors like CSGO.
for that price of 20 euro we get a very large support time for the games from nadeo
If you have 17 years old, you only will spend much money in Call of Duty, Battlefield, or some TripleA games, you dont want to spend 20€ in a game you dont know if you gonna like it or will be players in to play with they or with your friends.
i have this game in one of my older accounts, before i was even 17
In an official store: you need to make an official store into Shootmania to buy planets and chests with real money.
if that happens, it ruins the game completely, because you need to do work for those, and if you could simply buy them, you need to do nothing

Im playing shootmania since 2012 but dont know what you call very large support time for the games from nadeo.

If you have 60€ every year(with 16 years old coz your fathers dont want to give you more, for example) to spend in videogames, you will spend 20€(1/3 of the money you got from your parents) in a game like shootmania? or you preffer spend 25€(5€more only) in PlayerUnknowsBattleground you see all people play it (streamers,friends etc)? :?:

How an official store can ruin Shootmania?. This 6 steps must be make "at the same time". You cant add an official store now for example, coz you dont have skins to buy or chests(like I tell in the article). You add the store when you finish the others steps and you have anything to buy.

kremsy

Post by kremsy » 11 Oct 2017, 08:52

Reducing Price doesnt help a lot, first the game needs to be in better shape, less bugs, remove unworking functionalities and so on.

Than as I mentioned severall times it needs cooperations like promotions in the big stores (Steam / Ubistore), the one days back days when the game was in Steam Summer Sale for a single day it gave the game a huge boost, if that would be done 2-3 times per year it would help a lot, but at the current state we have not a lot of sight, its too late.
Lukas alias Kremsy, Developer of:
ManiaControl: http://www.maniacontrol.com
ParagonLeague: http://league.paragon-esports.com
MPAseco: http://mpaseco.org
ManiaViewer: http://www.maniaviewer.com

djhubertus
Translator
Translator

Post by djhubertus » 16 Oct 2017, 23:43

You can't revive something that is already dead due to a life time.

If You want to see shootmania rise, they need to announce a sequel with more casual stuff for newbies. We are living in times where everyone cares about skins, leveling up and playing with friends.
My Gamemodes:
MP4 - Countdown, Firefight
MP3 - Reduction, Overload, Flashpoint, Territory, SM Race, Escape
MP2 - Search & Destroy, Oscillation, Instagib

plopp

Post by plopp » 18 Oct 2017, 12:57

1: The game needs some sort of pull to actually benefit from a price reduction. Shootmania is too old and out of the mainstream by now. The reduced price will only attract the people that thought about buying it but turned away because of the price, and they have already lost interest.

2: It's waaay too late to approach esport orgs now. They are not interested in promoting a 5 year old game with around 100 players a day. I feel if Shootmania will succeed they need to rename and rethink. They need to focus on a teammode for their competitive gamemode. 1v3 is a nice gimmick, but it's just a gimmick. They can keep the movement and core gameplay but everything else needs to be reworked.

3: The game needs to be popular before crates and stuff will work. People don't buy skins for a game that is not popular.

4: The ladder has been a joke since the start. But you need players to have a working ladder. Until the game has a playerbase you don't need a pro ladder.

5: This is a good point. Actually, just scrap maniaplanet all together and make the games separate from the start. Shootmania without maniaplanet and titlepacks and all that stuff would be much more appealing. I mean... the maniaplanet games don't even have separate launch settings. Am I the only one bothered by that?

Return to “Shootmania”