[suggestion] Respawn at checkpoints

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

TMarc

Re: [suggestion] Respawn at checkpoints

Post by TMarc »

mak5en wrote::cry: Then we will never be able to make RPG maps like in trackmania.. where people used hours and hours on adventures...hm..sad that such a simple problem would ruin that.. i shouldnt have used 30 hours + building that obstaclecourse..
I think SM is a game too fast for staying hours and hours on a map without getting "killed"... you better wait for QM then :lol: ;)
mak5en

Post by mak5en »

Eole wrote:It's not because the respawn is not implemented in the Time Attack mode that it's not possible at all. As you pointed out, it would be relatively easy to edit the TA mode and convert it into a RPG TA mode. With a spawn block associated with each checkpoint you could restart from there (just as in Siege). But you could also add a lot more features that doesn't really belong in the TA mode but would do really well for RPG.
if anyone could please make such a script? i would be very thankfull :)
- Playing FPS since 1992
http://www.MarkWiggers.com
insomnia-yamyam

Post by insomnia-yamyam »

NEED LAST CHEKPOINT RESPAWN FOR TIMEATTACK TOO!!! :thumbsup:

Its just silly to just accept suicide and start-respawn for players.
If there is a hard part after lets say checkpoint 8 and you fail you need to do the whole map again, this sucks, even if the round time is set to 5-6 minutes and the current map takes 10-20 runs to get to the finish. :|

So last Checkpoint respawn is urgently needed for TA.

Btw: to let useless and unused code remain in the default-scripts is fail,
no wonder nothing works if we are testing :roflol:
GermanINSOMNIAClan!
Multigaming Fun-Clan since 1998!
» www.I-N-S-O-M-N-I-A.de «

Visit our TM2 and SM Clanserver or download the INSOMNIA TM2-Trackpack or SM-Mappack !
You also find us at both Mania-Exchanges - search "German INSOMNIA Clan"
PapyChampy

Post by PapyChampy »

It's not really a problem with the mode, but with the maps.

Maps created by players are generally too difficult to embrace the concept of TimeAttack.

The TimeAttack mode isn't a Platform mode, where respawns at CPs would be best suited.
tcq

Post by tcq »

PapyChampy wrote:It's not really a problem with the mode, but with the maps.

Maps created by players are generally too difficult to embrace the concept of TimeAttack.

The TimeAttack mode isn't a Platform mode, where respawns at CPs would be best suited.
Why are respawns possible in TM2 (TA, Rounds)? Should be deactivated too, if we are following this logic.
insomnia-yamyam

Post by insomnia-yamyam »

tcq wrote: Why are respawns possible in TM2 (TA, Rounds)? Should be deactivated too, if we are following this logic.
100% agree - it is absolutely necessary to be able to respawn at the last checkpoint at Time Attack.
Else it isn't a wonder why hard maps havnt success and players are frustrated and therefore time attack isn't popular as it COULD!

Let the server admins decide if they wanna allow cp-respawn or not :!:

Time Attack in SM is nothing different then Time Attack at TM2 - so i have no clue at all why nadeo diabled cp-respawn at SM-TA - thats just useless and makes no sense to me. And it makes most (hard/long) maps unplayable if the players cant reset on last checkpoint.
GermanINSOMNIAClan!
Multigaming Fun-Clan since 1998!
» www.I-N-S-O-M-N-I-A.de «

Visit our TM2 and SM Clanserver or download the INSOMNIA TM2-Trackpack or SM-Mappack !
You also find us at both Mania-Exchanges - search "German INSOMNIA Clan"
PapyChampy

Post by PapyChampy »

I don't know the answer myself. :) Maybe not to break the flow when playing a map is one of the reasons.

Making some comparisons with TM may not be such a great idea in my opinion, after all, the games are different. But for example, respawns weren't enabled in TMN at the beginning.
Omnixor
Translator
Translator

Post by Omnixor »

insomnia-yamyam wrote:Time Attack in SM is nothing different then Time Attack at TM2 - so i have no clue at all why nadeo diabled cp-respawn at SM-TA - thats just useless and makes no sense to me. And it makes most (hard/long) maps unplayable if the players cant reset on last checkpoint.
true that. @pc: nadeo for some reasons tries to restrict players' creativity in the strangest places, like those fixed stamina/etc. values, or no CP respawns. WHY?..
- staff head of ESL TM²Stadium -
tcq

Post by tcq »

PapyChampy wrote:I don't know the answer myself. :) Maybe not to break the flow when playing a map is one of the reasons.
Making some comparisons with TM may not be such a great idea in my opinion, after all, the games are different. But for example, respawns weren't enabled in TMN at the beginning.
Exactly, but it was enabled in the end. If you take a look at TM, without respawn, trial/RPG would not be possible.
I mean, SM offers so much nice possibilities to create real parkour maps (you got a real person, not a car skin).
And comparison with TM is the best/only option we have, because both games are part of maniaplanet and share the same foundation. Seems silly to me if there are the same game modes in both titles, to have different game rules. Then it should not be named time attack in SM.
PapyChampy

Post by PapyChampy »

Maybe a Trial/Parkour mode will appear later. (Or maybe not, again, I really don't know.)

To clarify this a bit : the goal of TA in Storm was to have a race on simple maps (and usually short ones) that could be finished multiple times. Recovery paths and simple jumps are really important in my opinion, but alternative harder paths that can be accessed only with mastery of stamina/rocket jumps could satisfy the hardcore gamers.

Return to “Shootmania”