3v3 Ingame Ladder

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

Gornodd

3v3 Ingame Ladder

Post by Gornodd » 14 Jul 2012, 11:29

Some of you guys might remember what Arena PvP in World of Warcraft was like.
A ingame rated ladder in wich you can queue against other teams and get a certain Rating loss/gain for winning or losing.

I think for game like SM and especially with elite mode this would be a huge success. Based on a Trueskill matchmaking this could be a good way to brawl against other teams and evolve a name in the scene while you are not playing in leagues like ESL.

kalstrams

Re: 3v3 Ingame Ladder

Post by kalstrams » 14 Jul 2012, 13:28

FPS games are not really reliant on trueskill. WoW's auditory is way bigger, thus that they have already discovered everything and anything. Also, it's not a PvP-oriented game either. Therefore, trueskill match making works there very well. But in FPS games it will not work, because you can always invent new tricks and tactics. In FPS the best is the 'fame' system. Famous teams fight famous teams. Unknown teams fight unknown teams. Unknown team get unofficial 'fame' by winning events. Eventually they become famous and continue there. This has worked very well in all competitive FPS up until this date, and I think it is not broken by SM either.

Gornodd

Post by Gornodd » 14 Jul 2012, 13:35

kalstrams wrote:FPS games are not really reliant on trueskill. WoW's auditory is way bigger, thus that they have already discovered everything and anything. Also, it's not a PvP-oriented game either. Therefore, trueskill match making works there very well. But in FPS games it will not work, because you can always invent new tricks and tactics. In FPS the best is the 'fame' system. Famous teams fight famous teams. Unknown teams fight unknown teams. Unknown team get unofficial 'fame' by winning events. Eventually they become famous and continue there. This has worked very well in all competitive FPS up until this date, and I think it is not broken by SM either.
You are right tbh. It doesnt actually matter wich matchmaking system proves to be the most appropriate. I really hope they have plans to include an ingame ladder as an convenient alternative to other leagues.

kalstrams

Post by kalstrams » 14 Jul 2012, 13:37

There is ladder, yet a player one. I admit that they have to make team ladder.

Return to “Shootmania”