main weapon thoughts

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

kalstrams

Re: main weapon thoughts

Post by kalstrams » 26 Jul 2012, 09:24

ShaunYCash wrote:Got to agree with you I'm a big fans of realistic FPS and the bullets are very slow, some time I wish I could shoot my screen with a 9MM (If I had one loll) to gain a kill. It make me rage a little, I got Mw3 and I prefer from far to stay on MW3 than play SM..
I hope that was extremely delicate trolling, thus a man that is able to sprint and hip-fire an anti-material rifle after taking 5 SMG rounds in head/neck area, is not what you call 'realistic'.

ArNoz31

Post by ArNoz31 » 26 Jul 2012, 10:22

As i said in another thread, i trully think that a bit more of knockback would allow to bounce the player in the air and would permit to predict a lot more his trajectory.

Nadeo should really try this, but i bet it has already been done... Hylis, if you see this, can you give me your thought about it?
Last edited by ArNoz31 on 26 Jul 2012, 12:37, edited 1 time in total.

kalstrams

Post by kalstrams » 26 Jul 2012, 11:35

Existing rocket splash deals 0 damage, but it knocks back players in close proximity to the hit place. From that point, it is not that difficult to predict the trajectory and eliminate your opponent. It is just not as easy as in other games.

ArNoz31

Post by ArNoz31 » 26 Jul 2012, 12:35

mmh, I think i should use the term 'knockback' instead of 'splash damage'...

Seraphina

Post by Seraphina » 27 Jul 2012, 09:03

I played a couple of hours yesterday, just got the game the day before and was really hoping SM could be the game to finally get me back into online gaming.
I must say, I have the same issue as the OP, I feel there is too much prediction spamming necessary to get a kill.
The game is fun, don't get me wrong, but when I have to depend on luck more than anything to hit the opponent, I don't think I can stick with the game for too long.
Having played FPS (all the UT's, CS Source, DoD Source, TF2 and the likes) for about 10 years, I don't think it's an issue of me not being to able to get used to new game play and while I'm certainly not high skilled, I've always been able to pick up a game pretty quickly and do alright.
I really think this stuff still needs a lot of tweaking before any really competitive gameplay is possible.
Of course this is just my personal opinion so feel free to disagree with me as I know most of you guys will ;-)

Omnixor
Translator
Translator

Post by Omnixor » 07 Oct 2012, 14:45

posting this in SM forums is really hilarious :roflol: bot fail.
- staff head of ESL TM²Stadium -

Daku

Post by Daku » 07 Oct 2012, 16:06

I think the rocket speed is just perfect, and I really think that it's wrong to compare other games with SM.

Quake rockets, have splash damage, and quake has a much easier method of changing directions
Counterstrike doesn't even have slow projectiles that have a linear trajectory.
Tribes, the movement speed is much faster, and the engagement distances are different, tribes projectiles already feel clumsy.

Return to “Shootmania”