Welcome to the beta 2 log topic.
There is three goals for this topic
1. Keep you informed of what have changed in the beta 2
2. Provide you some basic information on how it works
3. Keep you informed of what we intend to change until release in the upcoming beta versions.
We have made a dedicated topic for feedbacks here, if you wish to make onehttp://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15140&p=133128
Here are some main subjectsBeta 2New blocks
- techno paths
- wooden paths
- black&white castle ornaments
- skinnable large displaysNew moves
- grappling hook
- bouncing rockets
- laser denies rocketsOthers
- improving menus
- real time chat with buddies
- matchmaking for 1 vs 1
- teams & ranked competitions
- automated competitions tools
- simple video editor, in addition to the advanced one
- title pack clouding
- Royal & Royal Exp titles with Royal Classic & Evolution mode
- specific sensitivity for the laser weapon
- callvote for jump to map and change script settings
- http requests and xml support for scripts
- stream directly from within the game with Twitch
- bink support
- some optimizationsBefore the 23rd of January release
- ladder: the inter-title ladder structure and simplified server level types (white/green/blue/red/black)
- planets: simplified transactions to convert&purchage with your economical points directly
- matchmaking: improve on the current one, open for custom tools and make n vs n.
- lan mode
- performances: we know how to reduce CPU load with many players, just have to do it
- netcode: optimizations to be done
- polish: we spent more time on features but we shall polish many things before release
- gameplay: changes and additions.
- server browser: improvements and filters
- menus: more customization for custom for titles, loading of previous replay for solo campaign
- maps: since the gameplay changed, some Nadeo maps may have to change.
- more: some new features and other stuff.Release notes
- Jumps: as you can imagine, it is difficult to make everybody happy. Progressive jump, for example, receive mixed feelings at first. We played internally tens of hours in order to know how it feels on longer run. I think it is worth to try it on a larger scale now, even if I know some players have issues with it.
- Laser jump: we removed it for the moment. Otherwise, for Siege, it gives too much of an advantage to be able to leave the power-paths.
- You shall experience bad lighting in many maps since various blocs changed. You need to re-compute your lightmaps in order to remove these artefacts. We have kept the map compatible nonetheless at the moment but may force the re-compute later.
- Royal and Royal Exp stations are made seperate. The first one is to prepare the access to the mode and the other is to test some Royal themed modes under development. Also, with a seperate station you can have separate ladder. So, there will be servers capable to reach 100K on Royal, with specific rules.
- Keep in mind that ladder points will be reduced and the progression slowed down when the ladder update will be done beginning of January. Your ranking will stay the same since it will be a proportion applied to everybody.
Again: we have made a dedicated topic for feedbacks here, if you wish to make onehttp://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15140&p=133128edit 2012-12-21
: Made a minor "Beta 2.0c" update to iron out a few issues with the initial beta2 release.