Shootmania Storm 1.0

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

sadzealot

Re: Shootmania Storm 1.0

Post by sadzealot »

The new powerwalljumps is only accessible in beta3 settings? Considering Elite still has the option to use Beta2 settings, and that is what almost every league/tournament/cup uses because they're far superior to B3 (mostly because of the walljumps, and they used to have bounce rockets) we won't be able to use the block for powerwalljumps?

Is this a bug or is this intentional?

Also, I don't like how you removed bounce rockets alltogether and added them to a specific block like you did. This means mappers either has to use this block a lot on the map or it's gonna be obvious where bounce rockets could come from. Not to mention this puts more pressure on mappers in terms of making the maps playable, and Elite already suffers from lots of poor map design issues.

The only problem bounce rockets used to have was that they were affected by geometry of surfaces (and the insane loadingtime) but this could've (and should've) been tweaked and tested harder during beta if you ask me.

Also, what happens once you're done reworking B3 walljumps. Will you take away B2 settings alltogether and suddenly force us to start playing with new mechanics 6 months from now? And if you keep B2 settings, won't that split the community between two different mechanics and modes?

Also, the powerwalljump doesn't work unless you use a strafe key when performing it. If you only use forward/backward when doing the walljump it barely works at all. Again, is this intentional or is it a bug?
kadaz

Post by kadaz »

sadzealot wrote:
Also, I don't like how you removed bounce rockets alltogether and added them to a specific block like you did.
This is a really good feature and best to be controlled by block properties, or you get a volley of shots out of random spots and it just become hectic during normal gameplay. Yet to see your point, making it so a part of a stone wall so it can built upon, like a faceplate look, yet flush, probably would make it more convenient to place walls within a map.
dreammyw0w

Post by dreammyw0w »

I'd like to see some new official settings. All servers play B2 and I really like it, but i'd like to see some changes from the release come to B2.
These bouncing rockets surfaces would be totally acceptable in B2. Also the new jumppad would work perfectly in B2... etc etc.
Just keep the reloadspeeds and walljumping as they are in B2.

So who decides about these new settings anyways?
TheXPlaying

Post by TheXPlaying »

Can we have ONE single official thread where we can give our feedback?

With all the threads scattered around i don't know where to look anymore! :D
Beta 2, beta 3, RC1... seems like we're talking about different games! :mrgreen:

:thumbsup:
bosnak

Post by bosnak »

bosnak wrote:
bosnak wrote:Anyone getting FPS stutters? I always play at 333 FPS cap, now I get drops to 200's then back up to 333 every 10 seconds. This just started happening with the new update. My screen freezes on that drop, and then continues normally.
TMarc wrote:If you limit to 200, will it drop to 100?
Yes. The stutter is permanently happening no matter what FPS cap limit is instituted.

One more person on our Mumble is having this happen.

Solution: Download stand-alone client and it works flawlessly. Both of us did it, and no more stutters.
viperozza

Post by viperozza »

My game is stuttering like hell even if i have decent fps ( more than 120 usually). Should I reinstall? :evil:
sadzealot

Post by sadzealot »

viperozza wrote:My game is stuttering like hell even if i have decent fps ( more than 120 usually). Should I reinstall? :evil:
It looks like the post above you has a solution for FPS stutters:
bosnak wrote:Solution: Download stand-alone client and it works flawlessly. Both of us did it, and no more stutters.
sadzealot

Post by sadzealot »

kadaz wrote:
sadzealot wrote:
Also, I don't like how you removed bounce rockets alltogether and added them to a specific block like you did.
This is a really good feature and best to be controlled by block properties, or you get a volley of shots out of random spots and it just become hectic during normal gameplay.
It's as if you never played the game while bounce rockets was in play, because this never happened. Not once.
luftisbollentm2
Translator
Translator

Post by luftisbollentm2 »

It's as if you never played the game while bounce rockets was in play, because this never happened. Not once.
you have to stand to ativate the bounce in the rockets, but now we have a block that works like this ;)
PC: Amd x2 2500mhz 6gb ddr2 ati 5850 1024mb
best valley clip http://instagram.com/p/bTvCURtPCo/#
really show what valley is about <3
ylem
Translator
Translator

Post by ylem »

Feedback about COMBO

Best mod there is! So much funnier and less boring than elite (i played only elite since the summer); but there are some things that need to be changed/fixed:

- Sound when you pick a powerup (armor/weapon): should be much louder so that if the opponent takes it and you don't see it but you're close to it, you should know/hear him talking the powerup. Because if you don't know that the oppo took it, you have no idea how to time that powerup anymore. And timing is a key-skill in this mod (which i like very much). Of course the really big maps make the sound useless (there is one huge map at the moment with mountains and a lake in the middle that makes even the loudest sound you could implement on powerup inaudible and that isn't good, at least not from a competitive POV)

- Arrow weapon: its crosshair, letting aside the fact that it looks ugly, removes any skill from the player using it, showing you exactly where it will land. How about putting a normal crosshair and the higher you aim with the camera - the further it will go? I know it will make impossible to use on large maps, but it's a close/mid-range weapon.
Also its radius should be reduced by at least 25%

- Nucleus: more speed, less radius let's say 33% faster, 33% less splash damage (radius). In (really) close-range it's impossible to dodge it; you should be able to, if you're skilled enough.

- when hitting an opponent that has more than 2 lives you should know that he has more than 2. For example if he has 3 armors and you hit him once, you should see a +1 OR +1 and if you hit him one more time you see a normal +1 (orange as it is right now). So 3rd and 4th life should be a different color than the 2nd one (orange) and the last one (yellow).

Can't think of anything else right now, hope you (NADEO) will read this!

Ow, one question: What do i need to watch the replays from COMBO? the error says i don't have some blocks (the weapons' name were in the error). Where to get them?

Return to “Shootmania”