Macros, macros everywhere.

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

bRambiShow

Re: Macros, macros everywhere.

Post by bRambiShow » 13 Jul 2013, 14:46

viper little raging kid!! :)

TMarc

Post by TMarc » 13 Jul 2013, 16:12

TORAKI wrote:...
Thanks for posting things only once. Double post removed.
maniaplanet forum global moderator

Link list with FAQ, Support, Wiki, Tutorials, Community activities, and much more.

System specs: Intel i7-970 12GB RAM, nVidia RTX 2060 6GB, Creative SB X-Fi, 2xSSD 1xHDD

Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis » 13 Jul 2013, 16:50

I have not post in that topic ever, it was long to make up my mind about it. So, I think the micro jump is not nice enough to keep it, but I intend to look for additional cool stuff in the future, of course. Sorry for the delay, it was one of the thoughest call to do so far.

dreammyw0w

Post by dreammyw0w » 13 Jul 2013, 18:08

Hylis wrote:I have not post in that topic ever, it was long to make up my mind about it. So, I think the micro jump is not nice enough to keep it, but I intend to look for additional cool stuff in the future, of course. Sorry for the delay, it was one of the thoughest call to do so far.
but still you keep it in the Beta 2.. Why?
Is it because u didnt have enough confidence in ur decision?
I think its because you know its not the best solution :)

BTW : i prefere a button for a microjump in stead of a button for a fulljump.
The game is SLOW right now. Without B2 i would have quit the game.
This means a lot coming from me Hylis. U know this,cuz i love this game and im posting here everyday.

Kegulf

Post by Kegulf » 13 Jul 2013, 18:09

WE WANT IT BACK! :p At least in Obstacle mode, I need it in Obstacle :P
WnL»Kegulf
TeamFounder of WnL

Anything code related? Be patient, I am a noob :p

My Nadeo games:
TrackMania Nations ESWC
TrackMania Nations + United Forever
TrackMania 2 Canyon
ShootMania Storm
Trackmania 2 Stadium

HuMPtY

Post by HuMPtY » 13 Jul 2013, 19:16

TORAKI wrote:let me get this straight : random /casual gamer wich know nothing about the competitive scene complain like little kids about MACROS about a movement wich is used in the 90% of the game mechanics nowdays , def&atk (while all the pros like in lan & competition always used the progressive/microjump, i never seen someboday complain about that) ; they rage about macros in the forum while nobody ever seen them in an esl cup or any lan and you DEV just listen to them and remove the only thing wich made the game more spectacular and more fast based ? this is what happening right? i just wanna ask u something u ever seen in any shootmania lan or in any online cup somebody complaining about macro? seriously ANYBODY EVER SEEN THAT?
+1
Kegulf wrote:WE WANT IT BACK! :p At least in Obstacle mode, I need it in Obstacle :P
+1

--
I tried sm in the first beta stages and stopped quickly because it was so slow paced and very limited in the movement department.. Eventually i got convinced to give it a try again after the microjumping/wall jumping was introduced and now the actual gameplay of the game is very good and dynamic.. takes time and pactice to master the movement and the little things you can do with it, nerfing it and slowing it down by increasing the jump height isn't a solution to the odd person macro'ing to gain an advantage .. it slows the game down immensely and dumbs it down.
What i don't understand is how you've released a game thats essentiually no where near finished and you change major mechanics of the game after you release it after people have paid good money for it..

Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis » 13 Jul 2013, 19:25

dreammyw0w wrote:
Hylis wrote:I have not post in that topic ever, it was long to make up my mind about it. So, I think the micro jump is not nice enough to keep it, but I intend to look for additional cool stuff in the future, of course. Sorry for the delay, it was one of the thoughest call to do so far.
but still you keep it in the Beta 2.. Why?
Is it because u didnt have enough confidence in ur decision?
I think its because you know its not the best solution :)

BTW : i prefere a button for a microjump in stead of a button for a fulljump.
The game is SLOW right now. Without B2 i would have quit the game.
This means a lot coming from me Hylis. U know this,cuz i love this game and im posting here everyday.
I have let it for Prague, at least

TORAKI

Post by TORAKI » 14 Jul 2013, 13:23

TMarc wrote:
TORAKI wrote:...
Thanks for posting things only once. Double post removed.
im sorry my inet made a mess i intented to post it in another topic too not double it here :/

UrinStein

Post by UrinStein » 14 Jul 2013, 23:04

I only ever see people complaining about minijumps and macros in Elite and Insta-Modes.
Waht about the other modes? I have never seen anyone using that macro in a non-insta gamemode. Still those gamemodes are ruined as well.
With minijumps the game is muich faster and so much more. I was practicing them over the last 10 days (I actually started using my mouse for jumping instad of my kb, and goddamn it's not easy changing your one year old gaming habits!) and all of a sudden it is fucking removed. I bursting with hate right now. I feel like a ping-pong-ball rather then a customer and part of a community.

Now there is still B2-gameplay for Elite-Mode, so Elite-players can choose which one they wanny play with. At least I will be searching for B2-Severs when I wanna play Elite.
But is there the same option for normal gamemodes? I don't have the feeling the other gamemodes are getting as much love from the responsible persons as they deserve.
kadaz wrote:> That's where I disagree, cause the truth is, the truth is, weather you agree to disagree or not with liking it.
> I know I speak intelligent English

viperozza

Post by viperozza » 15 Jul 2013, 08:26

UrinStein wrote:I only ever see people complaining about minijumps and macros in Elite and Insta-Modes.
Waht about the other modes?
I started this thread mainly for insta-modes like ig deathmatch, melee and all these mods. There, the game was quite unplayable since every1 was moving around at the speed of light. In Elite microjumping is not abused as it is in the other insta mods. At the moment, the new feature of min-jump-height you have introduced in the last patch is not that bad. But in my opinion you should keep the game consistent! I think that every mid elite player now has learn how to micro-jump but its a shame that if u play royal or whatever mods u decide, the gameplay is different because of the B2 gameplay we usually keep in competitive elite.

Just pick a decision of which gameplay you want to keep for Shootmania and cut off all other brenches plase.

Ps. I do repost here my old theory to deny macroing-> I think would be enough to track (serverside)the delays between jump-button press. If the time (in millisecond or even microseconds) keeps being the same or if it follow a schema than the player is using a macro and u can ban him for life. Otherwise we are all happy to play against a hammer-finger pro microjumper :mrgreen:

Return to “Shootmania”