Optimize settings for max fps [Help]

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

knxv1lle

Re: Optimize settings for max fps [Help]

Post by knxv1lle » 24 May 2013, 11:24

TMarc wrote:Remove the refresh rate and the max fps value in the compatibility tab in the advanced video configuration of ManiaPlanet.

In the nVidia panel chose individual settings for ShootMania (ManiaPlanet, eventually Canyon is available only):
"Energieverwaltungsmodus" :arrow: "Maximale Leistung bevorzugen"
"Multi-Display/gemischte GPU-Beschleunigung" :arrow: "Einzel-Display-Leistungs-Modus"

And in the "global settings":
"Threaded-Optimierung" :arrow: "Auto".

How did you check the fps? With the corresponding display in game?
Or with a replay you are using as benchmark?
Ok I did this, but couldn't see any real changes regarding FPS (maybe 2-3 more?). I also checked if my i7 processor enables Intel Turbo Boost...and yes, it does clock itself up to 2,9 GHz (multithreading activated).

I think my 2013 laptop sucks and/or Windows 8. End of story. :cry:

dreammyw0w

Post by dreammyw0w » 24 May 2013, 11:30

Why dont you just lower ur resolution? The game might look worse , but it will increase FPS for sure :)
and are you sure you are using ur dedicated graphics card to run the game and not the intel 4000?

You have the kind of laptop that has 2 graphics cards and it switches automatically. Intel 4000 is to do basic stuff ( word , browsing , youtube ) while ur Nvidia 645 is for gaming/editing.
Maybe you are gaming with the wrong card enabled.

Also check energy-settings/ powerplans to enable max-performance.
Also always game on laptops with the plug plugged-in. Performance always drops when playing on ur battery.

knxv1lle

Post by knxv1lle » 24 May 2013, 12:24

Thanks dreammy!

I checked several times if my GPU really runs for ShootMania and not the Intel 4000. My resolution right now 1280, which should be ok I guess. I'll try it with an even smaller resolution today, maybe it helps.

Thanks everyone for helping me with this, maybe it also helps others with the same problems / goal to achieve "max" fps.

dreammyw0w

Post by dreammyw0w » 24 May 2013, 14:15

let me know if it works :)

knxv1lle

Post by knxv1lle » 29 May 2013, 09:42

dreammyw0w wrote:let me know if it works :)
:| ok, I got "a bit" more fps, but now it looks reeeeeally rubbish on my external 24" (1280x is OK and playable). since i'm used to 640x480 from cs 1.6 I could get used to it, but I'm just so frustrated, that my "new" laptop isn't able to provide me with stable >60fps at 1920 resolution (dat demand).

:gotcha:

Gugli
Nadeo
Nadeo
Location: Mon PC est à Paris, mais mon coeur rode dans les forêts de Lozère

Post by Gugli » 29 May 2013, 11:29

I think that using "Windowed Fullscreen", or "VSync" will force your game to run with your screen's max frequency (probably 60fps). (The same will occur is you've got Nvidia 3DVision activated in your drivers IIRC).

Have you tried plain "Fullscreen" mode and to deactivate VSync
--
(>~_~)> ═╦═ ╔╦╗ <(~_~<)

knxv1lle

Post by knxv1lle » 29 May 2013, 12:43

Gugli wrote:I think that using "Windowed Fullscreen", or "VSync" will force your game to run with your screen's max frequency (probably 60fps). (The same will occur is you've got Nvidia 3DVision activated in your drivers IIRC).

Have you tried plain "Fullscreen" mode and to deactivate VSync
Thank you for your help, I'll check that later. On another forum they suggested to do a REAL clean re-install of Nvidia drivers, since the hardware looks perfectly fine.

cross your fingers! :3

knxv1lle

Post by knxv1lle » 15 Jun 2013, 18:32

- please close -

TMarc

Post by TMarc » 15 Jun 2013, 22:31

we don't need to close, it is not necessary ;)
maniaplanet forum global moderator

Link list with FAQ, Support, Wiki, Tutorials, Community activities, and much more.

System specs: Intel i7-970 12GB RAM, nVidia RTX 2060 6GB, Creative SB X-Fi, 2xSSD 1xHDD
Discord: TMarc#3002

knxv1lle

Post by knxv1lle » 17 Jun 2013, 17:18

TMarc wrote:we don't need to close, it is not necessary ;)
true :)

just wanted to edit:
non-fullscreen and vsync off (which was off all the time) didn't help much.

I also installed Windows 7 on a fresh partition with just the drivers installed and tried it from there -> same result and not really more/less fps than in Windows 8.

Which leaves me to my final solution: the hard drive is too slow with 5400 (at least I heard that answer in another forum).

:(

Return to “Shootmania”