ShootMania : Centralized News about the game.

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

eyebo
Translator
Translator

Re: ShootMania : Centralized News about the game.

Post by eyebo »

plex wrote:Well can i at least play around with the map maker since i don't have beta yet?
The "map maker" aka The Editor, is built into the game. You can't try it separately.

You could always go download TrackMania Nations Forever free or go buy TrackMania 2 Canyon. The editor from those games is virtually the same, so you'd be getting a leg up on it.
Former QC Manager at Ubisoft Nadeo.
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit
Allanon

Post by Allanon »

This is mainly directed towards a moderator, but could a sticky be made for Beta bug reports, as we had for Canyon. Just that im seeing 'issues' bieng posted in varying topics, it may be easier to consolidate all this information into one topic.
Regards
Xymph

Post by Xymph »

Allanon wrote:This is mainly directed towards a moderator, but could a sticky be made for Beta bug reports, as we had for Canyon. Just that im seeing 'issues' bieng posted in varying topics, it may be easier to consolidate all this information into one topic.
There's a whole forum for them: http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewforum.php?f=428
People just don't scroll down the forums list. :roll:
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub
Allanon

Post by Allanon »

ok thanks. Ive got this site bookmarked to go directly to the english page. i guess i should have expected it to be right down the bottom of the page like that
kalstrams

Post by kalstrams »

Nice to see that in the third beta day there are already some cups going on :thumbsup:
Chevron
Translator
Translator

Post by Chevron »

Have you seen this?
- You did.
- And...
- ...I didn't.
JumperJack

Post by JumperJack »

i still don't really understand why f.e. joust, heroes and elite got their own title packs, but other modes as siege and melee are in the 'main' game. could someone point me to a place where the use of title packs is more or less explained properly? ;)
CMC JumperJackツ
Awpteamoose

Post by Awpteamoose »

JumperJack wrote:i still don't really understand why f.e. joust, heroes and elite got their own title packs, but other modes as siege and melee are in the 'main' game. could someone point me to a place where the use of title packs is more or less explained properly? ;)
IIRC, the only reason is to separate ladders. Storm covers all the pub modes and custom modes, while Elite, Heroes and Joust are viewed as competitive and each have their own ladders.
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

JumperJack wrote:could someone point me to a place where the use of title packs is more or less explained properly? ;)
Hylis explains the use of Title packs in this post:
http://blog.maniaplanet.com/blog/2012/0 ... -planet-2/

Joust, Elite, and Heroes are somewhat limited in their use of the title packs. They only have the custom gamemode, editor, and the seperate multiplayer ladder.

TM2 Platform has those things, as well as its own Solo Campaign.

Future title packs can also have texture mods, custom objects, and other stuff. Read more about it in the blog post linked above.

Above all, I think it was necessary to have some title packs during the Alpha/Beta in order to test their use and fix any bugs related to install/uninstall of them, and their use for dedicated servers, etc.
Former QC Manager at Ubisoft Nadeo.
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit
Omnixor
Translator
Translator

Post by Omnixor »

cool, I got a beta key again.
- staff head of ESL TM²Stadium -

Return to “Shootmania”