Anyone playing?

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

Ravior

Anyone playing?

Post by Ravior » 19 Jun 2013, 19:19

Well, I was just wondering, but anytime I look at the serverlist, it seems as if there are no more than about 100 - 200 people playing shootmania or am I seeing something wrong?

Whats going on?

dreammyw0w

Re: Anyone playing?

Post by dreammyw0w » 19 Jun 2013, 19:21

lets just wait to get Elite & Royal free.
Lets hope we can at least double those numbers then.

Ofc I completely agree with u. We rly need more players.. The game is barely 2months old so we should have more players :(

Ravior

Post by Ravior » 19 Jun 2013, 19:52

Why are there so few?

I guess of course all the casual gamers are off after a few months, but why ... i dont get it... its not that bad after all I think.

Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis » 19 Jun 2013, 20:12

The Storm peak time yesterday was above a thousand (not only on the servers) But there is a need for much more player, and I believe it will arrive for some reasons
1. It is not decreasing when it should (post open beta, post launch, getting in the summer) stats are stable
2. It's community powered, so the time will help since #1 is there. Many are creating while others are playing.
3. We can and will improve the game (the players wishlist is big as well as our own ideas)
4. We will make the arrival of new players easier with 'demo'
5. Then the snowball effect: I play a multiplayer game if my friend are playing it.

A multiplayer requires to have many things working well altogether to have big numbers. But yet, when you consider how big are the number in France compared to other countries, it also means that the players are playing when they know about the game. For this point, I believe that the quality of the game, the creation of the community and the future effort made to communicate a better game will be enough for the game to grow by many times.

It was difficult to make our first FPS and adapt Maniaplanet to multiple genre. But now, it is easier to build on it. I tend to say that it is difficult to match players expectations, but once it's done, you are getting ahead each time you do something. I think we just matched some players expectations, and that we will soon arrive in the sweat spot of matching the majority of players expectations. I may be wrong, but then we will be a step further in the quality of the game, and closer to match players expectations ^_^

Trackmania is one of the most played online racing PC game and the goal is to make Shootmania one of the most played online FPS PC game. I don't say we will succeed, I just say that it is our ambition.

dreammyw0w

Post by dreammyw0w » 19 Jun 2013, 20:18

Fun to hear this Hylis.
And indeed, some sort of Demo would be awesome.
I cant wait for any further developements!^^

Born

Post by Born » 20 Jun 2013, 04:11

2 month on from release and still no free to play and that's just one of the problems. Either way that player amounts are quite worrying for a new release :(.

mzhh

Post by mzhh » 20 Jun 2013, 09:15

Hey Hylis <3

Can we know what are yours plans for upcoming updates?
When? What?

thx mate

Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis » 20 Jun 2013, 10:40

As soon as we can, of course

I would like to avoid to announce things to much in advance since it's so difficult to keep everything on track, based on the complexity of the entire project, but I hope we will be able to make news or updates for Maniaplanet in each week to come, including this one.

mzhh

Post by mzhh » 20 Jun 2013, 11:42

this is the right way! :thumbsup:

infarctus

Post by infarctus » 20 Jun 2013, 12:39

right or wrong, this is theirs and we follow!

Can't wait to see how big this project can be!
Maniaplanet news website about coverage, Streams and major events :
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ManiaActu

Return to “Shootmania”