Anyone playing?

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

Born
Posts: 10
Joined: 09 Jul 2012, 08:26

Re: Anyone playing?

Post by Born » 20 Jun 2013, 13:26

Right or wrong people like to be informed with whats happening the the game that they purchased, waiting weeks/months to find out what the next patch may or may not include is not the right way to go.

I know nadeo is a small company in all but still keep the community informed and it will least keep players interested.

knxv1lle
Posts: 63
Joined: 22 Feb 2013, 21:59

Re: Anyone playing?

Post by knxv1lle » 21 Jun 2013, 14:41

The game looks dead to me :(

Last Go4SM.

User avatar
dreammyw0w
Posts: 690
Joined: 04 Jan 2013, 17:34
Location: Antwerp

Re: Anyone playing?

Post by dreammyw0w » 21 Jun 2013, 17:38

knxv1lle wrote:The game looks dead to me :(

Last Go4SM.

Cplay will have a new league ;) with hardware prices & other prices :)
Its not as good as GO4, but im doing my best ;)
more info soon.

Ravior
Posts: 15
Joined: 22 Dec 2012, 12:04

Re: Anyone playing?

Post by Ravior » 23 Jun 2013, 22:37

I think...
> ONE reason for missing players is that its not free to play partially right now which just pisses people of (like me) when the try to find a free download link and always just get to the page where they should pay money.
> TWO: It costs too much. Its 20 € for a game which has just one environment whereas trackmania 1 and trackmania sunrise had each three unique environments and didnt cost more than 40 €. Shootmania isnt competing with those titles. Canyon and Valley dont do so, too. The highest price for such a game with so little content by the developers should be 10 €. Give it a 9,99 € and anybody would buy it after trying because with this price nobody would even think its a false buy for the money. And as I said, the content delivered by nadeo does not justify more. The same applies to the new trackmania parts. Paying 20 € for this little content makes people feel ROBBED. Paying 9,99 does not make them feel so.

/edit 1:

What I forgot to mention, what always drives people away is uncooperative support like I received in terms of mania planet. I accidentaly made two seperate accounts, one for Trackmania Canyon, multiple years ago now, and one new for Shootmania. Where I didnt even know I could have them both in one. And what did support do? They simply said like "no, go flip yourself" instead of offering me one of my accounts being deleted and receiving a free key for canyon to be added to my account with shootmania on it, which should be absolutely NO PROBLEM when being requested from a paying customer.

/edit 2:
I just realized that Stadium costs 9,99 now, too.
Seriously? Are guys freaking out?
Its just a let-down. Nothing more. Youre banishing your fans now.

Stop listening to your marketing crew or whatever people they are that say how much you have to pay for the games. I know these kind of people really well and all I can say about them is that they are the scum of our society. Its these people who willingly destroy the landscape of games these days just to "multiply the financial output" of their publishing company, so that it looks good in the end of each month for the investors.

What do you want, Nadeo? Do you want your publisher to get good investors NOW by giving them as much money as the want to squeeze out of you, or do you want thousands of fans who spread the word of a company which develops games and sells them for a price that even kids can afford, which would even make you shine in a social light?


Basic fact is:

Change the way youre presented to the outside now by giving everyone free access to basic gamemodes in all your titles, lower the prices to a comprehensible amount and the players will come in masses. And they will love it.

User avatar
TMarc
Posts: 15159
Joined: 05 Apr 2011, 19:10
Location: Europe
Contact:

Re: Anyone playing?

Post by TMarc » 24 Jun 2013, 00:45

No one forces you to purchase it if you personally think it is too expensive. :P
Just save your money a bit longer, then you can afford it if you really want. ;)

Perhaps the games could cost less for what they give, but to call it robbery is really impertinent, misplaced and unfair, and it is not the way you will get positive response from those who decide about the prices.
You claim low price for the games, but good content and also good financial decisions for the game, well, that's impossible if the developpers don't earn enough money. So you need to pay something.
Ravior wrote:Change the way youre presented to the outside now by giving everyone free access to basic gamemodes in all your titles, lower the prices to a comprehensible amount and the players will come in masses. And they will love it.
The funny thing is, that's exactly what was planned, and this is why the actual games cost "only" 20€, and remake-titles like Stadium "only" 9€. Only that we probably have to wait until Valley is released before we can see free-to-play versions of ShootMania or TrackMania. But then please don't complain about the limitations of the free versions ;)
Until then, TMNF is still free and available.

Regarding your account issues, this is something that could have been done if they were more reactive,
but you have purchased two valid keys, probably from two different resellers, which makes things more complicated.
Since you own at least one of the games since several years, you also should have known that you can assign keys to accounts, or you could have informed yourself before. ;)
Nothing to be really angry about.
maniaplanet forum global moderator

Link list with FAQ, Support, Wiki, Tutorials, Community activities, and much more.

System specs: Intel i7-970 12GB RAM, nVidia RTX 2060 6GB, Creative SB X-Fi, 2xSSD 1xHDD

viperozza
Posts: 108
Joined: 09 Nov 2012, 10:42

Re: Anyone playing?

Post by viperozza » 24 Jun 2013, 07:59

TMarc wrote:No one forces you to purchase it if you personally think it is too expensive. :P
Just save your money a bit longer, then you can afford it if you really want. ;)
Lol man. This is the real problem! If Nadeo main goal is to make this game popular, the price should be enough low to let players that are not 100% convinced about what they see in trailers/streaming, to buy it in anycase. I wouldnt spend 20eur for a title I'm not conviced about.. I probably would only if it costs less or something like 9/10$.

User avatar
djhubertus
Translator
Translator
Posts: 1248
Joined: 09 Jul 2012, 18:30
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Anyone playing?

Post by djhubertus » 24 Jun 2013, 10:27

Ravior +10000

TMarc, for few players 20 € is too big for this game, shootmania offers mainly dev tools and here is a problem because because not every player buy this game for maniascript / map editor / title pack creation etc.
My Gamemodes:
MP4 - Countdown, Firefight
MP3 - Reduction, Overload, Flashpoint, Territory, SM Race, Escape
MP2 - Search & Destroy, Oscillation, Instagib

User avatar
infarctus
Posts: 225
Joined: 15 Jun 2010, 11:54
Contact:

Re: Anyone playing?

Post by infarctus » 24 Jun 2013, 10:30

Ravior wrote:I think...

Stop listening to your marketing crew or whatever people they are that say how much you have to pay for the games. I know these kind of people really well and all I can say about them is that they are the scum of our society. Its these people who willingly destroy the landscape of games these days just to "multiply the financial output" of their publishing company, so that it looks good in the end of each month for the investors.
You are absolutely right, and to be honest, if i ruled the world, i'll just shop their bodies in half like all nations did to their kings.

But these guys are the same that make you pay 5 Euros for a hero.

Yeah you are right make it free to play, then pay 2 euros to change your nickname, or to make a map...Do it, you won't regret...

Tbh, i am laughing really out loud since few days by seing all the messages sent to nadeo. These complainers are so funny. But i bet NADEO is not laughing like i do, unfortunately for 'em :(

All these complainers make me think about ungrtefull pledged children that sleep in silk sheets and got silver spoon stucked in their asses. (this is frenchy froggy way of speaking, not sure ppl will get it :)

And i am sure that 90% of complainers go to starbuck drinking 5 euros pee every morning!

I have one question that need a flashback to 2 years ago : what was exactly your expectations about SUPER Stadium?
Maniaplanet news website about coverage, Streams and major events :
Image
Website : http://mania-actu.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ManiaActu

User avatar
TMarc
Posts: 15159
Joined: 05 Apr 2011, 19:10
Location: Europe
Contact:

Re: Anyone playing?

Post by TMarc » 25 Jun 2013, 01:10

viperozza wrote:Lol man. This is the real problem! If Nadeo main goal is to make this game popular, the price should be enough low to let players that are not 100% convinced about what they see in trailers/streaming, to buy it in anycase. I wouldnt spend 20eur for a title I'm not conviced about.. I probably would only if it costs less or something like 9/10$.
djhubertus wrote:TMarc, for few players 20 € is too big for this game, shootmania offers mainly dev tools and here is a problem because because not every player buy this game for maniascript / map editor / title pack creation etc.
Where is it a problem?

I certainly fully understand and accept you're not willing or not able to pay, but this is just your personal opinion, nothing less nothing more, and definitely not the opinion of the whole community.

One can afford and is willing to purchase, another can afford but is not willing, and a third is willing but cannot afford the purchase, for different reasons.
There is simply not any perfect price, and unless Nadeo does the "Humble Bundle" thing where one can pay what he wants, the price tags are fixed for some time.
And it is up to Nadeo to see if they are successfull or not with it. You can be sure they will change their strategy soon enough if it doesn't work as expected.

But where in the world are we now that we can tell the creators for how much they have to sell their products?
Of course there are the economic rules of demand and supply, but this is self-regulating with healthy conccurence.
Some dealers and companies allow to bargain, but the loss is only on their side, and even then they still make the profit somewhere else.

But Nadeo is a small company, it has to earn its money itself, despite Ubisoft in the background.
If no one is ready to support them by purchasing their games, there soon won't be anything to play with.
Because if Nadeo has no money, they cannot work on the game. If they cannot work on the game, there is nothing to play with, or only totally outdated games where the existence of the servers depends on the good will and support of the same community.

So this is exactly the point where Stadium fans (I call them Staddics now - from Stadium Addicts :geek: ) can prove that they are willing to support Nadeo and thank Nadeo for the long time free version.
Instead of bothering, those who can afford, should support. And the others should shut up if they're only complaining.
Asking, demanding with please is always ok. But not with blackmailing of the sort "it must be free or we don't play".

Besides this, everyone had the chance to purchase a reduced price key for the full game during the Beta tests.
Now this is over, please don't cry :cry:

Infarctus, you're so damn right unfortunately.
Same for the people who have high class car and very expensive smartphone, but who did not get the multimedia connection kit to allow handsfree calls... so what do they do? complain about the safety rules and the fine when they got caught in the act, or laugh at the others who pay for something they don't think necessary...

There are much to many extremes showing up, but the good way of a powerful and friendly "community" is very missing lately :oops:
I have the impression that there are only many individualists (not to say egoists) which are hiding behind a community that effectively doesn't exist. To different are the opinions and the whishes.
But this is a totally different philosphic discussion, which can be conducted in the off-topics :mrgreen:
maniaplanet forum global moderator

Link list with FAQ, Support, Wiki, Tutorials, Community activities, and much more.

System specs: Intel i7-970 12GB RAM, nVidia RTX 2060 6GB, Creative SB X-Fi, 2xSSD 1xHDD

User avatar
TMarc
Posts: 15159
Joined: 05 Apr 2011, 19:10
Location: Europe
Contact:

Re: Anyone playing?

Post by TMarc » 25 Jun 2013, 02:43

http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic. ... 77#p173177
Cerovan wrote:We know that the Stadium release wasn't perfect and we'll work about these issues to avoid them for the next releases as much as possible.

As for the multi-environments server support, we told numerous times that's not an easy thing to do as in TMUF because the way to get the environments in ManiaPlanet is different from this compilation.

The game design of this feature is very complex to set-up and it could be even harder to implement it, so we can't tell you yet if or when we'll do it. I think everyone will prefer a feature which works instead of a feature which will prevent most of the players to play on a server (for example).

About TM2S, personnaly i don't expect to have the game as popular as TMNF on a very short timeframe for several reasons:
  • It's a paid game, so it's natural that the transition will ask more time because there is a toll first before accessing to the game
  • Most of all, it asks time to be built a community around a new game (because TM2S is a new game even if it's an improved remake). Games like LoL, Dota 2, Counter-Strike, etc asked years to be as successful as they are now today, it's not something that you can do in several weeks. Think it more like a marathon than a sprint ;)
About the "apparent" drop of players in TM2C since the release, there is more players playing Stadium now than during the Beta. If there is less players on the servers, it's certainly because a good part of them are playing the solo campaign, you should see more players in the coming days :thumbsup:

Of course we work to make our games as popular as possible but you're to take into account that it'll be not from one day to the next :thumbsup:
maniaplanet forum global moderator

Link list with FAQ, Support, Wiki, Tutorials, Community activities, and much more.

System specs: Intel i7-970 12GB RAM, nVidia RTX 2060 6GB, Creative SB X-Fi, 2xSSD 1xHDD

Post Reply

Return to “Shootmania”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests