[POLL] Microjumps are good for the game. Dont remove B2

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

Would you like to keep playing Elite with B2-settings?

yes
53
59%
no
37
41%
 
Total votes: 90

MuNgLo
Posts: 316
Joined: 12 Jul 2012, 03:37

Re: [POLL] Microjumps are good for the game. Dont remove B2

Post by MuNgLo » 14 Aug 2013, 14:02

Cerovan wrote:The Obstacle players showed us that the walljump was bugged and that's why it has been fixed (and the Elite players knows that the walljump is bugged but they prefer this comportement because it's not trickier to do because of these bugs)

The walljump behaviour is now stable/consistant and that's the most important thing to remember.
nononononono The most important thing is that they are boring and not as useful.

Problem with discussing walljump is how Nadeo only focus on the changes in code and it is more stable and what not. As soon as you mention anything about B2 wj you get a wall of "was bugged", "is better", someone said/thought something yadda yadda yadda.
There really have been pages of this on this forum and Hylis himself has said that B3 wj isn't as flexible.
A big problem is that this has been know since the start of the year and it seems Nadeo has not done anything to fix B3 wj's. Hylis talked about it maybe getting some attention in november.
For a key mechanic in the game.......

PS.Cerovan please rewrite "and the Elite players knows that the walljump is bugged but they prefer this comportement because it's not trickier to do because of these bugs". As it reads now it sounds like you have no idea what you are talking about. could be read as you think B2 is easier to pull of.

User avatar
Cerovan
Posts: 2044
Joined: 11 Jul 2011, 11:27
Location: France
Contact:

Re: [POLL] Microjumps are good for the game. Dont remove B2

Post by Cerovan » 14 Aug 2013, 14:23

MuNgLo wrote:nononononono The most important thing is that they are boring and not as useful.
I think that you're wrong about that, i think it's more important to have features to keep as consistent as possible than broken.
MuNgLo wrote:There really have been pages of this on this forum and Hylis himself has said that B3 wj isn't as flexible.
He said also that B2 Walljump are bugged so it's less flexible than before but it's more stable in its working.
Online Programmer & Meme Master ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ

Access to your Player Page

You have troubles, please contact the Ubisoft Support

Maniaplanet Documentation (Editors, Scripting, Title Pack, etc...)

MuNgLo
Posts: 316
Joined: 12 Jul 2012, 03:37

Re: [POLL] Microjumps are good for the game. Dont remove B2

Post by MuNgLo » 14 Aug 2013, 14:54

Cerovan wrote:
MuNgLo wrote:nononononono The most important thing is that they are boring and not as useful.
I think that you're wrong about that, i think it's more important to have features to keep as consistent as possible than broken.
MuNgLo wrote:There really have been pages of this on this forum and Hylis himself has said that B3 wj isn't as flexible.
He said also that B2 Walljump are bugged so it's less flexible than before but it's more stable in its working.

Again another post ignoring points and only focusing on "it's bugged" and "more consistent". It really can't be that hard to understand. Just take a simple example from Paladin 2k13 in Elite. Going up the backroute (left far corner from attacker) leaves you with only 1 way to get over wall while in B2 you have 3. All very consistent for an experienced B2 jumper. You just don't fail those easy jumps unless you actually do something wrong.

the fact is that it really doesn't matter about B2. there is no way nadeo will ever use the old code. But how hard can it be to understand you are taking away one of the best features of the game. It's a feature that takes practice and skill (dismissed as "tricks" by Hylis though) gained over time to master. A game without challenge to master it is a game not worth playing.
I even tried to explain to Hylis how it makes the game more entertaining when playing public. That the jumps you pull off on occasions in public might just be to hard/punishing to ever do in a live game. but the fact that you can do them at all is adding playvalue, fun and challenge to the game. He didn't get it at all though just as you(Cerovan) again makes one of the "bugged" and "stable" post I'm talking about while ignoring the key point and not even bothering with explaining what you where trying to say when asked for clarification.
It's just strange really. You're not stupid and language barrier can't be this persistent.

sadzealot
Posts: 337
Joined: 04 Aug 2012, 03:38

Re: [POLL] Microjumps are good for the game. Dont remove B2

Post by sadzealot » 14 Aug 2013, 22:55

Cerovan wrote:The walljump behaviour is now stable/consistant and that's the most important thing to remember.
Yeah. Forget about fun, forget about depth, complexity and something requiring skill to learn, master and accomplish.

Post Reply

Return to “Shootmania”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest