Trilaser - Needs some serious work

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

GabrielM

Re: Trilaser - Needs some serious work

Post by GabrielM » 18 Aug 2013, 15:27

plopp wrote:Also that's a problem with the trilaser. A spectator sees a guy standing perfectly still at a longer distance. The attacker shoot this player and misses while the crosshair is perfectly centered at the defender. The spectator thinks "What the hell? How did that miss? This game seems pretty broken".
I don't think somebody that doesn't know much about FPS would notice that. Even if it's someone that knows a bit about fps, it's better having a little "wtf it did not hit", than "wtf happened, why is the round over ?", because the first one, the non hitting, is not missing anything of the action, whereas the pixel shot makes people miss the important part of the action.

Not being able to shoot from that far, forcing to get clother reduce also distance between players, inducing a lot more moving. When you can shoot from really far, you don't move much in the map, the game get's a lot more slow, and some would say boring.

Changing the tri laser has quite an impact on the game, it's not only offering pixel shots or less confusion to some people.
Kryw wrote:It's same situation of NFL when you watch your first match you can be a little bored or completly, because you don't understand the rules ect... but I practice this sport since 5 years and this game is just completly insane, now to watch a match it's a big pleasure.
I'm not saying NFL is not popular of course, and i don't know much about the rules, but watch sports like soccer for example, the basic rules, the foundations of the game are really simple you don't need a read-me.txt to watch it first. Also, the important events are really easy to pick-up, can't really miss the ball moving from 2 teamates, can't really miss a goal. This real simplicity did not prevent football from being a popular sport,simple but also really deep in the same time.
But the complexity is a bit off-topic here, the main thing regarding the tri-laser being clarity and action-understanding.

Kryw

Post by Kryw » 18 Aug 2013, 16:03

you should watch the first map of the QuakeCon finale, all flickshot with the railgun was just amazing, no 3 dots and all spectators was shouting every shot, every frags

platernitycs

Post by platernitycs » 18 Aug 2013, 17:11

Im sorry nadeo, but i'll be cold and brutal in my post.
Your game is a failure, and your community (or what is left of it) is trying everything to help out, and making you understand what is wrong. You have an idea in your mind, and its great, but it FAILED. Now try to accept the perspective of others and help yourself!
And for what you said about my perseverance for 3 dot laser, that is just as small little detail in the game that i want to be changed. There is so much else to say, but if you cant even get something small right, then why chasing the big ones.

Trackmania was an incredible success not for its esport but for its FREE2PLAY (nation and beta versions of others), that is currently lacking in shootmania.

Strategy to apply for esport games: Free2Play, Free2Watch, Free4CommunityWorks, Pay2Customize!
Get a lot of players, will bring lot of spectators, will bring lot of esport! And then you will get rewarded with even more players. And then you'll get money.

Look at football: free2play, free2watch, pay2beFan!

And then, 10 minutes games, chaining over and over, happening always the same. Who wants to watch it ?

Yes Elite is a great idea, but its also a failure, its a great mode to play sometimes, but not an esport title.

Look at what you got, and what you expected to get! Ask yourself why!

novationx

Post by novationx » 18 Aug 2013, 18:14

platernitycs wrote:Im sorry nadeo, but i'll be cold and brutal in my post.
Your game is a failure, and your community (or what is left of it) is trying everything to help out, and making you understand what is wrong. You have an idea in your mind, and its great, but it FAILED. Now try to accept the perspective of others and help yourself!
And for what you said about my perseverance for 3 dot laser, that is just as small little detail in the game that i want to be changed. There is so much else to say, but if you cant even get something small right, then why chasing the big ones.

Trackmania was an incredible success not for its esport but for its FREE2PLAY (nation and beta versions of others), that is currently lacking in shootmania.

Strategy to apply for esport games: Free2Play, Free2Watch, Free4CommunityWorks, Pay2Customize!
Get a lot of players, will bring lot of spectators, will bring lot of esport! And then you will get rewarded with even more players. And then you'll get money.

And then, 10 minutes games, chaining over and over, happening always the same. Who wants to watch it ?

Yes Elite is a great idea, but its also a failure, its a great mode to play sometimes, but not an esport title.

Amen & +100!
Open eyes & mind NADEO.
The entire SM forum is packed with complaints...

NADEO : "yes but the code is better...."
"yes but the spectators want..."
"yes but the future of SM..."

Its not a coding competition
There are no spectators cuz the game isnt popular. ( first get popular, then get the spectators. )
There is no future for SM

GabrielM

Post by GabrielM » 18 Aug 2013, 18:23

I guess it's not an answer to my post, as i'm just someone working at nadeo indeed, but that has nothing to do with the big decisions. Seriously i'm only expressing my opinion, defending some points of the game that some people missunderstood or did not look deeper into.

I think it was worth expressing those points. And by raising interesting points you get answers like "you're game is dead it's a failure" that has nothing to do with the points i expressed earlier.

I mean, i don't get it, are we discussing about subjects, or should we only have a one way discussion with players giving orders..? I've read everything you wrote, and answer to each and every point, i'm not trying to be right, just to raise some points to avoid this one way discussion. Some people complain that they don't get any answer on the forum, but when they get answers.. Don't be surpised they are less and less people from nadeo taking on their free time to answer the posts.

sadzealot

Post by sadzealot » 18 Aug 2013, 18:39

[Edited : Enough with the swearing this is getting ridiculous]

Omnixor
Translator
Translator

Post by Omnixor » 18 Aug 2013, 20:23

moderator, expose yourself.
- staff head of ESL TM²Stadium -

sadzealot

Post by sadzealot » 19 Aug 2013, 04:11

Wow, so there's about 1000 words in that post and maybe 4 or 5 "bad" words in total and you edit out the entire post?

That's nothing short of censorship and is absolutely riddiculous. You really are locking down the ship in terms of criticism on your own board.

And seriously, if you can't deal with your own customers using words like "I think that's fucking riddiculous" to express themselves then you shouldn't be active on this forum. Some people express themselves differently than you do, especially when it's something they care about.

*every post logged by screenshot from now on to prove actual censorship taking place*

PS! Notice how people agree with what Platernity said. Notice a theme going on in your own forums. Your customers are telling you to do a 180. They're telling you you're taking the game in the wrong direction. Many of them seasoned veterans in terms of both esport and FPS games.

But by all means, you're the developer and know best, right? Weapon selection on defence in Elite proved that to be true didn't it?

And then you read stuff like this:
Hylis wrote:Anyway, we still have many things to do on the game and I will look at this with people who want the game to succeed, of course.
Which proves the game will slowly wither away and die because posts from people who outright say you're doing something wrong and even back it up with arguments are completely ignored (or in my case, actually censored completely. Was it hard hearing that your matchmaking is a complete joke based on a public ladder which rewards those that play most, not those that have the best skill? It surely must be since you refuse to do anything about it but add another layer on top called Echelon and think that will solve anything)

Criticising the game means you want it to get better and improve (read: succeed). How come you compeltely ignore and shun away from people who say anything but "OMG NADEO WE LOVE YOU, THIS GAME IS BEST, WE WANT TO LICK YOUR NOSUNSHINEPLACE!!"

viperozza

Post by viperozza » 19 Aug 2013, 08:30

platernitycs wrote:Im sorry nadeo, but i'll be cold and brutal in my post.

After this post, the thread can be closed imo.

Platernity is perfectly right and you should just read community's opinion and use it as a weapon, to change the game and make it better. Every single player on this forum probably played this game more than the sum of whole NADEO crew... and trust me, we know every aspect of the game better, really better than you all actually do because we put effort and love for this game. Now its getting ridiculous and frustrating, with the game getting worse at every update and with less than (lets say) 100 players playing it decently.

Return to “Shootmania”