Vee and Team Carbon

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

caspa

Vee and Team Carbon

Post by caspa » 25 Sep 2014, 00:40

Went onto the Shootmania subreddit today and saw another thread regarding these guys, and their removal from ESWC. I'd just like to know what exactly Vee was banned for, and if there is any proof that you can show us.

Over the past week or two there's what has seemed to be a personal tirade/attack from a certain volatile player named caV, aimed towards Vee and his team. Now I haven't played much or specced much of Team Carbon, but I've had quite a few games against them on matchmaking and a couple cups. So far I never got the impression that any of these guys were dodgy - I've been told that they hit some insane prefires (as an attacker) but a large part of this can be attributed to Nadeo's netcode. As far as I know these guys are from the west coast of the US, and we all know how the netcode in this game can be - especially if you play with 200 ping or so.
On the other hand, I've had a look at many of vee's replays and to a layman they may assume that he is not legit. However, I can show you replays of many top players that follow this trend.

I just feel quite sorry for these guys, they are subject to a lot of hate from the american community (in particular from a few individuals) and from an outsiders perspective it seems like its just a personal attack which is going too far.

I'm writing this post for two reasons - as a player, perhaps Nadeo have been able to spot something that we couldn't & this could potentially help us catch any cheaters in the future. The second is that there's just been a lot of abuse towards these guys and essentially myself and many others want to get to the bottom of the cause - is he really cheating, or have Nadeo just been pushed to make a decision that they aren't necessary clear on?

To be clear, I'm not siding with anyone. I am just genuinely curious to know what happened. In no way do I tolerate cheaters, I would like someone to show me where the proof rests. Thanks and hopefully we can have a sensible discussion about this.

novationx

Re: Vee and Team Carbon

Post by novationx » 25 Sep 2014, 00:43

I agree.
Some official feedback could simply end this discussion ( on reddit ) so we can move on :oops: cuz this is getting a bit out of hand.
The neverending waiting game has to stop.

Marvalz

Post by Marvalz » 25 Sep 2014, 01:32

Hello I am Marvalz from Team Carbon

Let me just start off by saying that vee is not a cheater. I am not a cheater. Anyone on my team is not a cheater. And just so everyone is clear, my dog is not a cheater.

I clarify because some people are saying otherwise. The people I am referring to are the most foul mouthed evil people I have ever come across in my time on the internet. And to my great disbelief it seems everyone, even Nadeo, is believing what these people are saying. These people seek only to bring other people down and wish nothing else than to see us not go to ESWC.

But these types of comments on reddit which are completely untrue are one of the things people seem to be taken as fact. This comment is talking about me. This comment is just another step down the long road of lies that has been posted against my team, my friends. I have never been banned/Account locked in my entire time of playing Shootmania and up to this point the other day, neither has vee. This is one of the people who have created a second account, that person in the link is in fact not the real xp3, just to bad mouth us. Everything he, caV aka cavitron, Lersion or anyone from Big Throws says is a bold face lie and like I said before they will try anything to make fun of us or hurt us.

I cannot overstate how much of a cancer caV and Lersion of Big Throws have been to the NA community.

I guarantee if you send vee's replays to any top EU players they will say he is not cheating. Top EU players do way more than him and if vee is a hacker, all the top EU players are hackers because there are many players better than vee who make way better shots. Vee just happens to be the best attacker in NA, imo, at the moment where the skill pool is a lot lower.

Thank you if you took the time to read this. Nadeo there is still time to right your decision. Vee is not cheating and you are making a very big mistake.

novationx

Post by novationx » 25 Sep 2014, 01:37

Just a simple official statement by NADEO ( & ESWC ) is all it takes.
NADEO can check if they/you cheated.

Obviouly CaV isnt the nicest person in the world hahaha ( reading this thread is almost shocking ), but I wonder how your team got removed from the ESWC website? Its not like they are gonna remove you just because some kid sent them a PM?

I also read an "official" post from the tournament supervisor of ESWC claiming NADEO confirmed your cheats... Whats up with that? Thats all untrue too?
The neverending waiting game has to stop.

veekillah

Post by veekillah » 25 Sep 2014, 01:54

Thank you for this post, if anyone is interested in my replays here they are (http://www.filedropper.com/veereplays) bear in mind that they are all player perspective replays (I hardly ever get server-side replays because it's a pain to retrieve them.) and in North America we play with 70+ snapshot and 70+ ping so it may look incredibly laggy for those of you who are used to playing with <50 ping and snapshot constantly. I as well as the rest of my team would like clarification into this matter as Nadeo has not been to helpful in this regard. We feel we're being ignored and are unable to dispute the claims made against me because it seems that Nadeo has this mentality that whatever they say is law and cannot be incorrect.

Given the little amount of information we've received, it is ascertained through "internal investigation" that I had used a trigger bot from the dates of Sept. 1st - Sept. 12th. The only tournament that we participated in during the time frame that Nadeo has "confirmed" me cheating in was ESL where we place 1st. Prior to the dates that Nadeo has claimed I was "triggerbotting", my team placed very well in European cups considering the kind of ping that we had. After the dates the dates that Nadeo has claimed I was "triggerbotting", we were streamed multiple times and also continued to play consistently compared to our past performance. We believe that this entire situation was brought about by one player in the North American community with whom some of you have had the displeasure of interacting with (bT cav, CavItron) due to his hateful and spiteful personality. If you have not had the displeasure of interacting with him in anyway I'm sure you could ask around and find that he has a terrible attitude/personality. He has been slandering my name and attempting to ruin my reputation for almost 2 years now on Shootmania and is very vocal about his opinion of me and my team.

I believe I have been wronged and their method/processes for determining whether a player is cheating is faulty, I have never cheated in Shootmania nor any other game for that matter. Logically it would not make sense for me to have cheated within that time frame because we were invited to ESWC on the 10th (why would I continue cheating even after we got invited to ESWC?) the only tournament during that time frame was ESL (No prize associated with winning). Aside from those reasons (obviously I understand that you view my perspective as objectively as possible considering the situation) the only thing I had done during that time would have been to play public games (what would I have to gain from cheating in public games?). There are very few players in North America and my team has worked the hardest to get to where we are today, we've earned our spot in every right. If you view my replays you can see that I am an okay player, when I compare myself to top players ( Soon, Kryw, Caspa, Unkoe, etc.) I believe that they do everything that I do AND more on a consistent basis, yet they are not account locked, nor have they ever been account locked.

Thank you for your time reading this and getting my side of this story, you are invited to view my replays (again they are not server-side replays) and form your own opinion on this matter. I would appreciate it greatly if many voices were heard regarding this subject.
Last edited by veekillah on 25 Sep 2014, 02:39, edited 1 time in total.

Marvalz

Post by Marvalz » 25 Sep 2014, 01:57

novationx wrote:I also read an "official" post from the tournament supervisor of ESWC claiming NADEO confirmed your cheats... Whats up with that? Thats all untrue too?
Yes. It is impossible to confirm cheats on someone who has never cheated. Nadeo has just proved that they have no anti-cheat if they confirmed me and vee of cheating because we have never cheated, or it just doesn't work correctly. Because I swear to you, I am not cheating and neither is vee.

Edit: woops forgot this second part
novationx wrote: Obviouly CaV isnt the nicest person in the world hahaha ( reading this thread is almost shocking ), but I wonder how your team got removed from the ESWC website? Its not like they are gonna remove you just because some kid sent them a PM?
We have no idea what led to the account lock on vee. Nadeo has said very little to us. But our thinking is, what else could it be besides the stuff cav or others have posted and emails they sent to Nadeo? We aren't cheating so there is no proof video wise. Vee has linked all of his replays in this thread and many others. Any good player can tell he is not cheating from watching them. They banned him soley on conjecture that he is hacking. Because people, the same people who would want nothing more than to hurt us, said he was. It's just mind-blowing for vee to be banned for something he didn't do.

plopp

Post by plopp » 25 Sep 2014, 04:57

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf71czUhPVc

This seems to be the level where the accusations are at from the NA community.

"He was bad and now he's good, hacker"
"I stepped out from behind pole for like 1 second and I died, triggerbot"

I really hope the decision wasn't based on these peoples accusations.

veekillah

Post by veekillah » 25 Sep 2014, 05:03

plopp wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf71czUhPVc

Yeah and if you listen in the video you can hear him move up there. Again I say the reason this has gotten the attention it has is due to cav blowing it out of proportion. At this point we feel Nadeo only did what they did because they thought it would silence the matter completely. Thank you for posting and feel free to look at my replays.

Marvalz

Post by Marvalz » 25 Sep 2014, 06:30

plopp wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf71czUhPVc

I have just realized that some people may not have known that this video was a complete joke and I have changed the title accordingly. FYI, just so everyone knows, this video is completely satire. I believe people were using this as some form of "proof." This video was actually made, by ME a member of Vee's own team, as a means to poke fun at the people complaining about Vee's gameplay. You can clearly hear and see the player jump right when Vee is turning the corner, making him an easily found target. It was a joke directed towards these people.

Boo425

Post by Boo425 » 25 Sep 2014, 08:25

If that was all that actually happened then he most defintely was not cheating. I've seen a few people pull those shots and all I've seen in the chat afterwards is the usual "nice shot" not any accusations of being a cheater or hacker.
Crashing happily since 2009.

Return to “Shootmania”