CRYO - new suggestions for ShootMania..

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

Lorisa

CRYO - new suggestions for ShootMania..

Post by Lorisa » 30 Sep 2014, 18:48

Hello dear developers Nadeo ;)

Today I thought about the new environment. What it will look like in all?
I decided to imagine and here is what I got.

I know that such environment already invented. I simply offer ideas for it.

ShootMania Cryo (snow frozen chamber and crazy cold)..

Spikes - Ice stalactites growing on the ceiling and fall on your head when hit in the zone "hit triggers" (taking health) stalagmites (act as barbs killing just like zones of departure).

Cold vapor - can freeze players and take away health. Can throw up (trampolines from the Storm) And also can serve as an accelerator like the wind (propellers with a Storm).

Rail (rays) - (yes I know it's been discussed, but just imagine a cold environment with them - sounds great right?)) The usefulness of rapid movement (sliding) on frozen ice tubes (I do not think .. but it may be important to arrange accelerating Player by the ring (hello stadium)) increases stamina.

Teleports - will be sleep, not work right away, due to the low temperature. (to defrost it must split the ice by shooting missiles at icicles).

Frost zone - Special Areas of low temperature in these areas health will gradually decrease. (if you stand on the platform of restoring, the health slowly recovers, and not disappear until you leave it).

Air conditioning - fans propellers now do not help, working against you, in places where they are be very cold.

Mechanisms (which may be suitable for zone Meteor) - different mechanisms such as the gears in the huge wall that you can jump will raised or lowered by turning you on.

Freezing mirrors - will act as energy platform - bounce your rocket at enemies or you. (they do not restore power stamina).

Fragile GLASS (ice cubes) - can be divided into blocks if you shoot on them a few times (it looks like a hologramme blocks of the Storm).

Freezing gun - will beat blue translucent rails freezing the enemy to death (hi railgun).

Spines mines - will be scattered around the perimeter of the arena ran into one of eliminating goes immediately. (it can also be used as a sticky mines, but in this case, barter nucleus and attached to the walls of punching by spines).

Skating rink - will be interesting to see how the player will cope with the management on a slippery floor like a snake.

Breaking the ice (block) - it would be funny if you are walking in the arena suddenly fell through the ice and freeze to death.

Moving Wall - if you jump from the walls now have the ability to slide and hold down the mouse on keeping hands from the back, and the other being covered by frost.

Dead is not useless - Frozen cold players (converts into a cube or a statue) can serve as a temporary cover or stand (using the defeated enemy to freeze to death can using as the platforms with simple jumps, or hiding behind them using as a shield).

Impenetrable Shield - in this case the power half-transparent impenetrable blocks - you can not destroy or break through, but you can jump on them, with no damage.

Water is unsafe - the water is unsafe - in contact with her, your health will slowly go to null (stamina off by default there also at the entrance like a Storm).

Hooks - they can be left without changing, and use as the Alps-shocks.

Back to the caves - it is possible that in the caves will be warmer than the outside.

It's hot - fire can restore your stamina. To do this, you need to stand beside him. (I think I would be foolish to make him another for health?))

Frostbite - you can add the exponents of frostbite, if the indicator is empty endurance, start slow frostbite taking health indicator to zero until the endurance will be restored again. (otherwise there player will be dead).

Avalanches - while walking along the walls wary of avalanches - it will be placed on blocks often "line" along the high surfaces of the walls, if running on them to go to the area of response (click button or something else). Begin immediately sprinkle of snow on the mountain. (snowfall)

Like it - energy platform, jumps, and poles (flagpoles), you can leave. to the place.

Ignite - conventional torches can be switched shoot on them (in the cold, they will not work) just with missiles (only these weapons - not the other)), you can fire them.

Trees as a platform - now you can run through the trees as there are leaves, and nothing prevents us from jumping from branch to branch.

Squirrel burrow - I think it's funny to hide in tree holes and wait for the enemy sitting in ambush.

Shoot-buttons - I propose to make such blocks to dilute interest in the game and add logic. (for example there is a button, closed the door, five extinct torches) decide: light the torches in the shooting on a button and open the door. (missiles will act on the button - melted and activating them).

Trampolines - will not work or will be frozen (to break the ice shoot at his feet before use), can be used instead of pairs, or (geyser Magma)) wind.

Thru Wind - depending on the weather it will help you or hinder.

Snowman - can be bots or a block as a decoration on the map.

WEATHER - Cryo will mostly cloudy (webm help you) and observed precipitation like snow, snowstorm, blizzard.

MUSIC - Cryo is skillful bit ominous threat smacks of music (you can add sounds xylophone) example: dynamedion

Sounds - Cryo be appropriate ambience sounds, creaking snow underfoot, and whistling ears cold wind, the rustling of the trees (from the Storm))

And...

I think enough for today. I hope that some of my ideas will be useful to you.

Good luck. :lovehylis
Last edited by Lorisa on 04 Nov 2014, 01:00, edited 7 times in total.

TMarc

Re: CRYO - new environs for ShootMania..

Post by TMarc » 30 Sep 2014, 19:57

maniaplanet forum global moderator

Link list with FAQ, Support, Wiki, Tutorials, Community activities, and much more.

System specs: Intel i7-970 12GB RAM, nVidia RTX 2060 6GB, Creative SB X-Fi, 2xSSD 1xHDD

novationx

Post by novationx » 30 Sep 2014, 20:13

I think he already knew the name & these are just some suggestions for the announced upcoming environment; cryo.

Anyways, I loved the suggestions. Some wont be easy & are very funny :p
Nice inspirational list :thumbsup:
The neverending waiting game has to stop.

Lorisa

Post by Lorisa » 30 Sep 2014, 21:39

novationx wrote:I think he already knew the name & these are just some suggestions for the announced upcoming environment; cryo.

Anyways, I loved the suggestions. Some wont be easy & are very funny :p
Nice inspirational list :thumbsup:
Yes that's right, you understood me correctly. Forgive me probably worth call the theme "Suggestions for Cryo environment." However, you understand me, and I thank You for that. :thx:
Ssory.. :oops:

TMarc

Post by TMarc » 30 Sep 2014, 21:52

Lorisa wrote:Ssory.. :oops:
don't be sad :thx:
what counts much more here is the effort and the ideas (as novationx already said) :thumbsup:
Rename it to Borealis and it's fine 8-)
maniaplanet forum global moderator

Link list with FAQ, Support, Wiki, Tutorials, Community activities, and much more.

System specs: Intel i7-970 12GB RAM, nVidia RTX 2060 6GB, Creative SB X-Fi, 2xSSD 1xHDD

Omnixor
Translator
Translator

Re: CRYO - new suggestions for ShootMania..

Post by Omnixor » 30 Sep 2014, 22:19

but it has to be 5 letters... Frost? ^^
- staff head of ESL TM²Stadium -

Lorisa

Post by Lorisa » 30 Sep 2014, 22:35

TMarc wrote:
Lorisa wrote:Ssory.. :oops:
don't be sad :thx:
what counts much more here is the effort and the ideas (as novationx already said) :thumbsup:
Rename it to Borealis and it's fine 8-)
I think I will leave as is. It's a tempting offer from you. however I think that the "Cryo" looks much more impressive.
Thank You :thumbsup:
Omnixor wrote:but it has to be 5 letters... Frost? ^^
It may seem funny but is not. ;)

Omnixor
Translator
Translator

Post by Omnixor » 30 Sep 2014, 23:28

but it HAS to be 5 letters... nothing funny here. Storm, Elite, Royal, Combo, Siege, Realm.
- staff head of ESL TM²Stadium -

Lorisa

Post by Lorisa » 01 Oct 2014, 01:36

Omnixor wrote:but it HAS to be 5 letters... nothing funny here. Storm, Elite, Royal, Combo, Siege, Realm.
Okay. I'll think about the name. Do not worry, but I must to say that the answer I write is not immediately. I have to solve some of the own affairs.

By the way derivatives are components of a Storm the title pack of these. Simply put: The Storm is the creator and founder of the Elite, Royal, Combo, Siege, Realm etc..

About that here it be Cryo founder for other modes offered by you (which view not just fun and interesting) - that's looks pretty cool! :thumbsup:

I'll write it singly apart and also consider later.

Cheers :D

Soprah

Post by Soprah » 01 Oct 2014, 08:46

Great ideas! But I doubt that the most ideas will be implemented due to their complexivity, for example that something shatters into different pieces after shooting on a ice block. The Maniaplanet engine would most likely not support that. Battlefield 4 has a pretty decent realistic shattering system and it uses one of the most powerful engines, the ''frostbyte engine 3''.
Omnixor wrote:but it HAS to be 5 letters... nothing funny here. Storm, Elite, Royal, Combo, Siege, Realm.
Ye, that sounds logical. But having 5 letters belongs to the storm environment (storm=5letters). I assume that Cryo's will have 4 letters as the environment suggests (Cryo=4letters). It's like a different chapter for Shootmania, as usually environments are supposed to be. :)

Return to “Shootmania”