Matchmaking: bug reports

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

Nerrio

Re: MatchMaking bugs

Post by Nerrio »

Or not. (but ty)
novationx

Post by novationx »

Nerrio wrote:Or not. (but ty)
I think he means it will be fixed in the next update.
Ty Eole for the quick fix :thumbsup:

----

Also re-reporting an old bug. It only occurs at night / mornings & afternoons :oops:

Could you please fix this too with the next update? Thank you very much.
Last edited by novationx on 16 Mar 2015, 11:49, edited 1 time in total.
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
novationx

Post by novationx »

Can somebody tell me why exactly im getting suspended for no apparent reason! And on top of that my penalty-counter/timer is going UP!!!??

Longest penalty I've ever seen and I didnt even do anything wrong.

Extra info :
I connected to MM and when I got matched the entire game crashed and I was staring at my lovely CPLAY wallpaper.
Relaunching maniaplanet was possible but when I connected to the lobby again ( hoping to get in my match again ) it crashed again. 5x in a row I tried this.

So I decided to reboot my PC and could connect to the lobby with a 2min penalty. I went to the toilet and did some other stuff, came back and it's now 20minutes.

... :)

NADEO pls :( y u do dis
novationx

Post by novationx »

Playing vs Bronze on MatchMaking
mp id : ultramaniakk

I'm playing versus a person who cant even sprint ... come on.
#unbalanced
novationx

Re: Matchmaking: bug reports

Post by novationx »

How is this balanced?

Why didnt you swap Trixda with Cocktail? That would feel more logical.
Nobody enjoyed this match; 1 ragequitted because of the skill-difference and the final score was 9-2.
Fabinou38

Post by Fabinou38 »

novationx wrote:Image

Playing vs Bronze on MatchMaking
mp id : ultramaniakk

I'm playing versus a person who cant even sprint ... come on.
#unbalanced
In this ScreenShot, the scoreboard "say" (canyon icon instead of "head" icon) that 2 players are ally (blue team) [normally 3 here?], so here blue team have an advantage (TS/Pings/Team Chat/...). I think that's normal.
But, yes, there are some unbalanced matches in MM AND normal server (ppl who wants to play with only best players vs. Bad players).. :(
MixterFab38 - Member of LAN Team - Moderator / Translator (FR) of TM²Galaxy - Project Helper of TMOne, of Stornium (by Guerro) and of ThomasFox's (aka Ziyx) projects :)
Here since ManiaPlanet 1 (TM² Canyon) :thx:
MP3 / MP4 beta tester
novationx

Post by novationx »

You don't need to explain my friend. I know they can work together via TeamSpeak and stuff.
For me its a Silver/Gold server so only Silver/Gold players should be able to connect. It's that simple. ^^
novationx

Post by novationx »

Connect to slow = Cant vote for map
My PC is fast as hell. Still sometimes it happens that it takes a long time to load the map. I honestly dont know why. So when it finally loads the vote is already over and I didnt get the chance to vote for a map.

I'm on TeamSpeak with my allies and they ALL have it. We had it a couple of times today and that's why I'm reporting it. This is an old bug, but somehow it has gotten more frequent now.

Connect to slow = Cant play the 1st round
Whenever the vote bug occured ( see above ) the 1st round of every match was 1v1 ( 1 attacker vs 1 def with 1 armor ). It seems the others simply dont spawn in time.
So whoever attacks first is playing 1n1 in a 3v3 mode... (me)

Then the 2nd round starts all players connect and the game can continue normally. In round#3 unfortunately 2 players left because they did not like the map.

Proof :

Another day on SM MatchMaking.

You seriously need to start consider to do something about these leavers & penalties.
- 1st rounds the players arent connected
- Last rounds they leave to not lose LP
- And in the middle you have AFK'ers
= This is how 50% of all MM-matches look like.

I'm not asking for new stuff... just please fix what is broken... because it's making even more players flee this game.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

novationx wrote:My PC is fast as hell. Still sometimes it happens that it takes a long time to load the map. I honestly dont know why. So when it finally loads the vote is already over and I didnt get the chance to vote for a map.
Not an excuse, only a possible explanation:
This might happen when your PC is configured to higher quality lightmaps than it is stored in the maps, so it is calculating the shaders and lightmaps new, or when your cache is actually already full and previously cached data (this also means existing local lightmaps) had to be deleted.

Another hint is to disable lightindex in the advanced video configuration: on some maps there is a long calculation necessary, and since the resulting information is never stored in maps, it needs to be calculated again and again everytime you load this precise maps.

A third explanation might be that there was a recent a update of your video drivers, without having reset (deleted) your default-settings file in the ManiaPlanet user config folder.

Return to “Shootmania”