Matchmaking: bug reports

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

novationx

Re: Matchmaking: bug reports

Post by novationx »

Oh yeah well I guess you are right! I'm no expert when it comes down to graphics cards etc.
All I want to say is that its normal that sometimes your PC loads a map more slowly than usual. And I'm sure it could be explained by 1 of your 3 explanations.

However, I"m almost sure it's not that.
Lately Matchmaking let's a BUNCH of players ( and it's almost always 5 of 6 ) connect slowly. So it's always just 1 player that sees the map-selection and he alone gets to vote.

It's almost always 5 out of 6. So it's not coincidence anymore... you see? The weird thing is that , even without updates, the bug is relativly recent and has become more frequent. I'm having this on a daily basis.

Basically NADEO should fix the following :
- Built-in waiting time for players so all get to vote. Obviously dont wait forever.
- Don't start matches too fast so all players can spawn and the match can start as a fair 3v3.

I'm sure these "bugs" are related because it comes down to the same issue : Players arent ready in-time although the players have fast PC's and usually always get to vote.

The neverending waiting game has to stop.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Yeah, I see.
Do you perhaps remember if it is always the same map (or maps in plural), and could you share a link to that map(s)?
Just to see if the lightmap in that map is perhaps not calculated at all, or only on "very fast" setting.
novationx

Post by novationx »

TMarc wrote:Yeah, I see.
Do you perhaps remember if it is always the same map (or maps in plural), and could you share a link to that map(s)?
Just to see if the lightmap in that map is perhaps not calculated at all, or only on "very fast" setting.
Hmm, will need to check. Hopefully I wont forget :)

Also : viewtopic.php?f=469&t=30856
novationx

Post by novationx »

MM DOWN!
and my little brother's penalty-timer is going UP & not DOWN. :yes: :yes:

EDIT : MM is back online, but had some issues for 10minutes when I posted this.
novationx

Post by novationx »

Match started 3v3.
1 player had lags and made snap go to 150 when he was alive. So he quit after 3-4 rounds because everybody was complaining. He also was afk 2rounds.

His team-mate didnt like that he was AFK so left as well.
How/when the 3rd in the enemy team left I cant remember.
A sub joined and he was AFK for 1-2 rounds, then he started backspacing 3rounds in a row.

What a great match! :yes: :yes: ! Everybody join MatchMaking for more fun and remember to stay positive, because the updates are coming when they are ready! #PEWPEW

Also : Does SnapMax even work? Looking at what I experienced during my match it does not. Or does this only have effect in the lobbies? ( Where he was lagging too btw )
novationx

Post by novationx »

I doubt that "matchmaking masters" are working correctly...
I played a match and after it returned to the lobby. Nobody of the players of my match were listed as master. This happens often.

Next match I crashed before connecting to my match so had to reboot my game and miss 2 rounds of my 1v3 match. Yes 1v3 because people simply keep leaving when they want. Outcome : 1-9 and 4 bored players.

I'm surprized how you can decide to take this path and leave things unchanged like this for 1y+. #mindblown
novationx

Post by novationx »

Pure bullshit :D (masters)

EDIT :
after my next match when I came back to the lobby :
Last edited by novationx on 20 Jul 2015, 16:45, edited 1 time in total.
HubbleSM

Post by HubbleSM »

actually you posted the same screenshot twice ;)

About that master list: I think after a mapswitch the list is cleared for some reason. I noticed that only the players who joined the lobby after a mapswitch are shown in the master list. So previous masters that are playing on matchservers are not shown in the list until they join the lobby again. (I'm not 100% sure about this tho)

Maybe the information that someone is a master is only stored in his own profile or something like that. Would be better to save that on the lobby server so every master is shown correctly even if he is not on the lobby server.

Admin: ManiaCalendar
Member: http://www.smurfen.net/

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M
novationx

Post by novationx »

Fixed my post :)

Return to “Shootmania”