Improve blocks & gameplay/movement - Post Suggestions

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

kadaz

Re: Improve blocks & gameplay/movement - Post Suggestions

Post by kadaz »

lol, I would prefer new blocks than old fixes, I learnt to work with it, but nevertheless, if time is available, would also like it. I mostly use cuts after a while anyways. depending on the area of the map, I won't mix and then blend in a area if I see the design wont follow course. Just a habit after a while, to choose how to select types of building..

Complete agree with the white borders, totally limits the use of them..

Thanks for the screens, good mentions! :)
US: Meltdown Combat Server: maniaplanet://#join=smrock@SMStorm 十 Offline
EU: Meltdown Combat Server: maniaplanet://#join=smpage@SMStorm 十 Offline
US: SMTRAK Startup Server: maniaplanet://#join=tmrock@SMStadium 十 Online
novationx

Post by novationx »

I just had the best idea and only after 3years of playing this game haha... I'm probably not the first , but here we go :

Why not convert certain "blocks" to "official items" so we have more freedom when using them. Some examples :

- Cages ( why could this not be items ? )
- Spawns ( why could this not be items ? )
- Lamps ( why could this not be items ? )

Etc
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
kadaz

Post by kadaz »

novationx wrote: Why not convert certain "blocks" to "official items" so we have more freedom when using them. Some examples :
Etc
:arrow: +1+1+1 :thumbsup: 8-)
Dommy
Translator
Translator

Post by Dommy »

novationx wrote:- Spawns ( why could this not be items ? )
Blocks have much more complicated structure than items. Single block can be placed in various variants depending terrain or other blocks nearby (eg. tunnel entrance has variant for each kind of mountain), while objects can use only one model with several LOD variants. More than that, impotrant data, like bumpers velocity, gauge lights, spawn screens or color bases are stored in BlockData, which is not available for items (yet?).

About spawn itself, I may sound like Nadeo dude, but it can me done by us. Of course custom content isn't such popular thing, so I'd also like to see official spawn pedestal we can use without downloading additional files. :)
Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD
novationx

Post by novationx »

Thanks for the info and I knew about this already.
But simple things like cages should be items imo. Then just release 2 variants of those items : 1 for grass & 1 other.

Anyways if a block can look good in this game as an item, then why not? That's what I'm suggesting. Ofc it needs to be properly tested and it wont be possible for all blocks. :thx:
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
kadaz

Post by kadaz »

Good day, two major things that would be nice to see in the game, maybe 3 or 4, depending if I remember them
or I might add later.

* Yet back to the idea of giving the script option for falling damage off or on.
* And if a player's stamina can only be frozen when in the water rather than drained.. its kinda annoying to just take a step in the water and you lose complete momentum.

Ok there is more.. any ability to display a shooter some how, like an itched out display/icon on the actual shooter, similar to a crosshair?

And we need the left/hand characters! I do not like playing right handed each time, its fine to play with since I have just gotten used to it, yet having left-handplayer.. would be just awesome. And still think the models should be bigger with an ability to crouch, it just bring so much more to strategic movements and tactical positioning.

That's all and have a good day.. :!:

:D Smtrak Kadz out.

ps... more grass blocks for openings into the dirt, like expandable edges so a builder can make a large opening into a dirt underground scene. (8

Oh yes, remembered another.. when a titlepack builder uses customshooters, the ability to autoswitch off or on if the player who has the customshooter goes on the arrowpad or laser/underground. Makes it alot simpler for customshooter support to work with the default game shooters...

* Remembered another.. if ubisoft could bring back editor water at different heights, I so liked that.

Return to “Shootmania”