Explanation on trilaser...

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

novationx

Re: Explanation on trilaser...

Post by novationx »

Alexey85 wrote:IMO, they made trilaser first to allow defs being able to spam rox instead of hide more to not being shot too much often (= more action - happier viewers, as for players - I don't know, questionable) and second to allow more open maps with laserpads in modes like royal or battle.
On one hand the idea has its pluses, on the other hand it is counterintuitive and the problem is that it is not properly communicated.
There should be made a thread explaining how trilaser works. And any change should be posted as well. For example, I didn't know the triler has changed until I read this thread.
Well its already changed a long time ago. Xenom is just very frustrated about this xD
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
Cuts

Post by Cuts »

Xenome77 wrote:I made this video sry for the quality not good as i want. But it show the difference bettween one dot / trilaser. And as you will see you can hit so much part of hitbox without trilaser ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiQ4N418BS0
Some of the shots before 1:10, looks like you're not actually moving your mouse, yet some are hits and some are not...

:o
Xenome77

Post by Xenome77 »

Yes it was over a year i guess ... but nobody know exactly when it changes ...
Alexey85

Post by Alexey85 »

Cuts wrote:
Xenome77 wrote:I made this video sry for the quality not good as i want. But it show the difference bettween one dot / trilaser. And as you will see you can hit so much part of hitbox without trilaser ...

Some of the shots before 1:10, looks like you're not actually moving your mouse, yet some are hits and some are not...

You do realise that he was changing wheapon from a standard trilaser to one-dot hit weapon? I didn't notice any hit-no hit mismatches for trilaser. However there is something to note that when he doesn't seem to move the aim during about 1:00 and 1:10 then three different trilaser shots had three different miss distances.
Xenome77

Post by Xenome77 »

Cuts wrote:

Because i switch type of laser ^^
Look at icons :)
Cuts

Post by Cuts »

Xenome77 wrote:
Cuts wrote:

Because i switch type of laser ^^
Look at icons :)
Sorry man it's been a really long day at work. Didn't notice that detail! :D
asticoli

Post by asticoli »

Explanation why you "can't" hit further than "92m" or any other long distance (without zooming with the railpad) :

If you are too far, then obviously then ennemy will be smaller, and will be represented by a couple of pixels. Then if he moves a little (like 1m), this change will not be represented on your screen because when you are far, 1 pixel = 5m (these are not real values, only for the example). So, you can have your pointer on the ennemy (what you see), without him to be at this place for physical reasons.

Solution :

Get a bigger screen ? A better resolution ?
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

For the distance, it was thanks to a report made that there were an inconsistency on players that were hit in front of the sky instead of ground, and that has been fixed.
novationx

Post by novationx »

Hylis wrote:For the distance, it was thanks to a report made that there were an inconsistency on players that were hit in front of the sky instead of ground, and that has been fixed.
I can read your comments in 2 ways.

So
1. It is fixed now and will be better again after next update
or
2. It was been fixed in the past and now ( actual gameplay now ) the laser mechanic is working good

? :D
Ty for the reply.
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

Long range laser were possible only if opponents in front of the sky. But it's an old fix. If something changed about this in the past months, it means that something would have been changed by mistake and I would be surprised.

Return to “Shootmania”