Easy Summer Update for ShootMania Possible?

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

What do you think?

Yeah this easy update = awesome
60%
I dont mind waiting another year
13%
Hmm, these changes arent important for me
27%

Total votes: 15

Re: Easy Summer Update for ShootMania Possible?

Post by 011000010110111001101111 »

How many games have you developed to know that thoses bugs are easy to fix?
Cerovan

Post by Cerovan »

011000010110111001101111 wrote:How many games have you developed to know that thoses bugs are easy to fix?
This (without being mean) and a part of the team in currently in vacations (around 25% of the studio is on vacations during July-August, not the same people for two months but we take them each one in turn).

And a good part of what you ask isn't easy to do (test the changes/game-design, modify blocks (3D model, collision model, shape, game-design), find and fix bugs (could be simple or very tricky to find the cause/fix it)), especially when we are working on finishing another game.
Online Programmer & Meme Master ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ

Access to your Player Page

You have troubles, please contact the Ubisoft Support

Maniaplanet Documentation (Editors, Scripting, Title Pack, etc...)
novationx

Post by novationx »

011000010110111001101111 wrote:How many games have you developed to know that thoses bugs are easy to fix?
If you could read my first post carefully I clearly stated "Think" :)
And okay thank you Cerovan :D
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
Xenome77

Post by Xenome77 »

Cerovan wrote:
And a good part of what you ask isn't easy to do (test the changes/game-design, modify blocks (3D model, collision model, shape, game-design), find and fix bugs (could be simple or very tricky to find the cause/fix it)), especially when we are working on finishing another game.
Is this a joke ?

How can you talk about finishing a game when you abandon one unfinished ? with tons of bugs already repport ?

Can't understand why dreammy put so much effort in repport when you just no care. Is this so hard to fix a crosshair in spec mode ?

You didn't even tried to make these little fix. Shootmania is an abandonware today 1.5year without update. I really want to know if you'r gonna put shootmania @Eswc and how ?
No players, no viewers, bugs, no fix, no update ? Should be really close to them to put game like this on big stage :roll:
Cerovan

Post by Cerovan »

Xenome77 wrote:Is this a joke ?

How can you talk about finishing a game when you abandon one unfinished ? with tons of bugs already repport ?

Can't understand why dreammy put so much effort in repport when you just no care. Is this so hard to fix a crosshair in spec mode ?
Shootmania isn't abandoned but the priority is to finish Turbo, then to work on PowerUp. Moreover i didn't say that his report is useless, just that it needs more time than he thinks and that's not easy to do them. First we have to see if it's relevant to do them or if we want to do them (like the 45° blocks or authorize the spectators in MM matches)

But with a part of the team unavailable at the moment, we can't say what we are gonna to do and when.
Xenome77 wrote: You didn't even tried to make these little fix. Shootmania is an abandonware today 1.5year without update. I really want to know if you'r gonna put shootmania @Eswc and how ?
No players, no viewers, bugs, no fix, no update ? Should be really close to them to put game like this on big stage :roll:
The presence of Shootmania at the ESWC it isn't our choice. And yes Shootmania hasn't had a major update since a year but we can't work on several projects at the same time with the same workforce, that's we have decided to give the priority to Trackmania which haven't had a major content update since 2013.

The most important thing to take into account is that we continue to support Shootmania Storm & Trackmania on the coming months (with PowerUp) and that should be a good news :thumbsup:

Xenome77

Post by Xenome77 »

I understand that you can't make 45° bloc feels normal for me i know a bit about. But like i said crosshair was report for almost year and it's not that big to do i guess :(
Btw it's pretty weird to see someone on railpad for example who seems take a line on a wall oO

Anyway ok it's trackmania year but why you don't keep some ppl to work on bug at the same time ? Impossible ?
Because the biggest problem of shootmania isn't the big update it's evry little bug who comes and never get fixed before big update as we have to wait almost 2 years for it.

Personnaly i really no care to wait an big update with all thing you want to put in. But wait more than 1 year to get a game that you can enjoy to play it's really too much.

But like evrytime you gonna work on you'r secret things like i remenber the update when we got all weapon in Elite defense. How much time are you going to lose by trying these type of update :/
I really hope that you gonna change a bit you'r strategy in future. Because when i read HelloPlanet5 i felt like it's going to be really bad for the game. Make more gamemode/gameplay is really the worst thing to do and we can see why in these 3 year.

It's like when dreammy talk about Irc connect into maniaplanet hylis awnser it could be done in 1 week but still nothing even if it's this type of little things we really need actually.
Cerovan

Post by Cerovan »

Xenome77 wrote:I understand that you can't make 45° bloc feels normal for me i know a bit about. But like i said crosshair was report for almost year and it's not that big to do i guess :(
Btw it's pretty weird to see someone on railpad for example who seems take a line on a wall oO
We can't just rotate the block because a part of the 3D model (and collision block) will overflow the blocs around it. Allowing the rotation of the pad means to redesign it to fit the block size (to not have graphical or technical glitches). That's why it's more complicated than you think.
Xenome77 wrote:Anyway ok it's trackmania year but why you don't keep some ppl to work on bug at the same time ? Impossible ?
We have basically one or two devs for one area of expertise. We have one dev for the graphic engine, two for the scripts, two for the masterserver, two for the system, several for the graphical assets (but each with a speciality), etc..
Xenome77 wrote:It's like when dreammy talk about Irc connect into maniaplanet hylis awnser it could be done in 1 week but still nothing even if it's this type of little things we really need actually.
Because it's basically one person to do that for a week while he can do something more important during that time. It's a question of time/priority, it's a bit cold but it's like that.

novationx

Post by novationx »

lets just hope they fix stuff like in my 1st post instead of :
- new gamemodes ( like the titlepack Platform :| )
- again redesign scoreboard :|
- again new textures :|

I would like to see fixes for stuff we suffer from every day. I'm really curious what the (far) future will have for us in store. But yeah, it's not like they will communicate this with us cuz we need to be patient :(
The neverending waiting game has to stop.

Return to “Shootmania”