How about Discord (chat + voice)?

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

Alexey85

How about Discord (chat + voice)?

Post by Alexey85 »

So there is an application for chatting and voice, Discord. It works in browser but some features are available only in desktop application (push-to-talk, for example). It is entirely free. I like how it looks so far. Maybe we should try it to look for players in chat or speak while playing? I created a temporary server for you to try it out. Also you can easily create your own server for free. I don't want to own and moderate a community server, so I hope there is someone willing to create the server to look after it, moderate and invite everyone to it if community is interested in this sort of thing.
TheBigG.

Re: How about Discord (chat + voice)?

Post by TheBigG. »

oh they wrote a GUI for mumble-web and now sell it as a completely new product which will beat everything :roflol:
If it would be open source i would give it a go, but closed source no thanks.
Client:
OS: Win10/Debian CPU: Intel 9900k GPU: NVIDIA 1080TI Display: 3x Acer Predator XB271HUbmiprz 1440p@165 Hz

Server:
OS: Debian Stable @ Backports Kernel CPU: Intel 6700k RAM: 32 GB Storage: 2x 256 GB NVMe SSD@Raid 1
Alexey85

Post by Alexey85 »

TheBigG. wrote:oh they wrote a GUI[...]
I checked only web version and UI is quite good looking and convenient if you ask me. If you know a better and free alternative to hang out and look for players, then tell us.
TheBigG.

Post by TheBigG. »

i just have trust issues with companys that give everything for free and are build on venture capital, if they don't end like facebook they end with selling all user data they have to some "advertisement" company that creates stats of that data and send you spam after that.
Client:
OS: Win10/Debian CPU: Intel 9900k GPU: NVIDIA 1080TI Display: 3x Acer Predator XB271HUbmiprz 1440p@165 Hz

Server:
OS: Debian Stable @ Backports Kernel CPU: Intel 6700k RAM: 32 GB Storage: 2x 256 GB NVMe SSD@Raid 1

Return to “Shootmania”