Ladder points in paragon cup kill Shootmania Elite

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

HYPE

Re: Ladder points in paragon cup kill Shootmania Elite

Post by HYPE »

Unfortunately there is much wrong about that theory.
First of all: That you can't lose lp in pl cups is like this since the beginning (2 years now) and it never stopped players from joining mm before. So the cups can't be the fault why noone is joining mm anymore. It's more the other why around. Before a cup is mostly the only moments in the week when players join mm to prepare for the cup!

Second: You do not only lose lp in mm atm. It is like it always has been. If you lose you lose lp and if you win you win lp. It's as simple as that. I played mm yesterday before the cup and it was exactly how I just explained it. There is no reason to be scared to only lose lp in mm when you are a good player and if not you don't deserve a high rank anyway, right? ;)

The only and sad reason why noone is playing mm these days is just because the elite community almost left this game and the rest which is left prefers to play on privat servers (There were also always players on privat servers before, just that the mm community is gone, I suppose). Sry to tell you, but this is the way I see it.^^
HYPE Smurf

Professional QuestMania-Player since 2022

When you get sad, stop being sad and be AWESOME instead.

ShootMania Community Discord Server
Jaminco

Post by Jaminco »

First point :

Me, I'm not in MM100k because I'm a player who plays for rank. I'm 9 ranked player but I don't deserve it, and I know peoples who are like me. I abuse of the lps cup system, I play only on server 90k and cup. Yesterday I lost every match in cup but I won 600 lps. It's stupid...

Other point :

Yesterday we have 24 teams in cup, so 72 players, other days at the same hour, we have 15-30 players in elite on servers 90k and 0 on MM100k.

Cup is good for 2 days of a week, it's a true fact.

But we can't do 7 cups at a week so MM100k must be more attractive. The problem is not cup, but ladder point in cup. If cup don't give lps, only MM will give LPS and Rank, so maybe players will going on MM100k all days. It's just a theory, but we need to do something.

Lot of players play only tuesday and saturday, it's a big problem. I give a solution : No lps in cup.

Maybe we must test that solution.

Or the solution of thebossnico.
plopp

Post by plopp »

The point you're trying to make that the cups are killing MM isn't making any sense. Ladder points are worthless for anything other than matching people against other people of the same 'skill'.

I do agree that cups give too much though. If I recall correctly you get about 3x more LP than in normal MM/servers without any sort of penalty for losing. Sure, losing LP might make people stay away from cups as well, but the reward is way out of proportion. Just throwing 'skill' points at people basically for free is counterproductive to a ladder system.
Jaminco

Post by Jaminco »

"The point you're trying to make that the cups are killing MM isn't making any sense"

This is not what I say, I said ladder point in cup, not cup ^^

Because peoples who play for LP goes on Cup instead MM, like me.
HYPE

Post by HYPE »

Maybe you are right. But your idea cound be counterproductive. In the end players (like you) who are affraid of loosing their good rank will not join the cups anymore. That would be the worst.
HYPE Smurf

Professional QuestMania-Player since 2022

When you get sad, stop being sad and be AWESOME instead.

ShootMania Community Discord Server
Jaminco

Post by Jaminco »

?????

no lps in cup means players don't win and don't loose lps, players will continue to go in cup for challenge and money.
plopp

Post by plopp »

Jaminco wrote:This is not what I say, I said ladder point in cup, not cup ^^
Oh, I guess I just misunderstood this...
Jaminco wrote:I think paragon cup killed MM 100k.
Jaminco

Post by Jaminco »

My bad ^^
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

Instead of making too much change, maybe we can just reduce a little the quantity of LP provided in the Cup would other players & Paragon find this logical.

Return to “Shootmania”