[bug][SOLVED] Low quality connection players have unbareable lag

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

keeth

[bug][SOLVED] Low quality connection players have unbareable lag

Post by keeth »

Greetings Nadeo!

I can't find this bug reported anywhere so i decided to create a thread on it.

The bug in question has to do with the new camera lock feature introduced in the latest update.
That might have something to do with the latest aim sorcery the low quality connection people have noticed lately.
It has basically rendered the game unplayable for me and a few others.

The bug it self lock your aim constantly, randomly, where ever you look. It feels like the worst latency lag ever experienced in the history of lag.

A video was posted recently illustrating the bug. However i can personally assure you that my experience with this bug, is 10 times worse than that.
I can make a video if requested.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKSjE6lM7yE[/media]

Please hurry up and fix this :(
Last edited by keeth on 13 Jul 2017, 14:48, edited 2 times in total.
Ò enny here! find me on: YouTube
ShootMania's nr 1 Buzy, English Youtuber
brazalete8

Re: [bug][?] Low quality connection players have unbareable lag

Post by brazalete8 »

keeth wrote: 28 Jun 2017, 15:42 Greetings Nadeo!

I can't find this bug reported anywhere so i decided to create a thread on it.

The bug in question has to do with the new camera lock feature introduced in the latest update.
That might have something to do with the latest aim sorcery the low quality connection people have noticed lately.
It has basically rendered the game unplayable for me and a few others.

The bug it self lock your aim constantly, randomly, where ever you look. It feels like the worst latency lag ever experienced in the history of lag.

A video was posted recently illustrating the bug. However i can personally assure you that my experience with this bug, is 10 times worse than that.
I can make a video if requested.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKSjE6lM7yE[/media]

Please hurry up and fix this :(
Hello, when i have lag (200 ping or 300) now is impossible to aim in one point, the screen become retard, and i think you have a very little lag, i think the problem its in your network, but im not expert on this, but this issue is similar when you have 200-300 ping (but very much).

Or your problem its in your configuration.. you can try to reset default all options and restart the game..
Riv

Post by Riv »

I am having the same issue and have talked to dozens of other players with the same problem in battle and royal mode.
For me, the issue starts if I join a server with people on it and gets worse with more people in server. If I join a server without anybody in it, its been smooth and normal. The mouse lag for me is much worse than the video shows.
I've been playing with configuration variables without any luck. I really hope the team is looking into it and can find a fix or make a fix for this bug.
ChallengeSY

Post by ChallengeSY »

In any case, what drives me nuts is that I have remembered that this quirk was not in the previous update, so it is clearly a regression introduced in the current update. This makes Shootmania potentially unplayable to demo players.

I have posted a (likely) related topic in the ManiaPlanet4 forums.
keeth

Post by keeth »

ChallengeSY wrote: 03 Jul 2017, 18:30 In any case, what drives me nuts is that I have remembered that this quirk was not in the previous update, so it is clearly a regression introduced in the current update. This makes Shootmania potentially unplayable to demo players.

I have posted a (likely) related topic in the ManiaPlanet4 forums.
Agreed. This issue should be top priority. I experience it every now and then, and i can only imagine how it must be for people who have this constantly :?
plopp

Post by plopp »

Has anyone from Nadeo seen this topic? Hello Hylis?
ChallengeSY

Post by ChallengeSY »

Yes, especially a problem for demo mode players who can play only on the channels. This quirk is bound to put sour taste in their mouths, especially if this was one of their first plays.

(speaking of which, since I did not capitalize on the sales, I have also fallen back to Demo Mode, so I have the very same limitations - including being unable to speak)
Misa
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Misa »

Hello guys,

This problem comes from our last modification of the input system and is a little tricky.
But we are aware of it and working on it.
keeth

Post by keeth »

Misa wrote: 05 Jul 2017, 08:52 Hello guys,

This problem comes from our last modification of the input system and is a little tricky.
But we are aware of it and working on it.
Thanks alot for confirming your awareness of the matter :thx:
plopp

Post by plopp »

Thanks Nadeo for letting me take some time off the game to explore other Fps titles while this bug is getting fixed. You guys are truly great! :yes:

Return to “Shootmania”