End of round freeze

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

plopp

End of round freeze

Post by plopp »

Since mp4 after every round you freeze and can't run around anymore. During this freeze the mouse cursor is also released. First of all, the release of the mouse cursor really messes up for people that has multiple monitors. You might try to flick someone just as the round ends and it makes you click outside of the game. When you click outside the game it can go one of four ways. Either the game just unfocuses (windowed), the game gets tabbed out and you can click it to get back in (slightly annoying), the game tabs out and you can't click anything so you have to alt tab back if that even works (doesn't always work), or everything just goes to crap and you can't even get in again.

In elite as soon as this freeze takes place things like chat and who killed who and who hit rockets just disappears, so you don't know what happened. This is not really good for a spectators game with esports focus.

The old way where you could jump around a bit and horn and stuff after a round end was much more fun. Now it just stops everything and the hype kinda dies (sorry Hype).

I ask for one or two things in this topic. Either I want it to return to its former glory, or I would like an answer to why this was changed in the first place. You might have a genius plan for this that I don't know about, I respect that, but I would like to know if there is a plan.
HYPE

Re: End of round freeze

Post by HYPE »

plopp wrote: 06 Jul 2017, 21:22 Now it just stops everything and the hype kinda dies (sorry Hype).
:o

I agree and made a topic about that already once: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=41153
I reply from NADEO to either of both posts would be nice. :)
HYPE Smurf

Professional QuestMania-Player since 2022

When you get sad, stop being sad and be AWESOME instead.

ShootMania Community Discord Server
plopp

Post by plopp »

Yeah, forgot about that topic even though I wrote in it xD Seems Nadeo has forgotten about it too though so I guess this topic can stay
Eole
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Eole »

This will be fixed in the next update.
Contribute to the ManiaPlanet documentation on GitHub
A question about ManiaScript? Ask it here!
plopp

Post by plopp »

Great to hear! :D
HYPE

Post by HYPE »

:1010
HYPE Smurf

Professional QuestMania-Player since 2022

When you get sad, stop being sad and be AWESOME instead.

ShootMania Community Discord Server

Return to “Shootmania”