Infinite update.

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

network

Infinite update.

Post by network »

Hi,

I didn't play shootmania for ages and today when I wanted to launch the game, it proposed an update, wich I accepted but the update goes infinite.
Did someone experienced the same issue ?

Here is a screenshot of the advancing percentage going over 100%

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:
Last edited by network on 11 Jul 2017, 17:05, edited 1 time in total.
plopp

Re: Infinite update.

Post by plopp »

Did you wait to see if it went past the 292.7 MB?
network

Post by network »

Yeah, it went to 1014% though, far over the 292.7 cap
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Better uninstall the game, and install it fresh, for non Steam version: with the new setup, available at the Maniaplanet website.
network

Post by network »

I'll do that, thanks for the responses.

I did lose all hopes anyway

:shock:
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

This is not normal :|
You might check your internet connection settings and reset them, including the TCP/IP settings...
Also disable firewall...

Which kind of internet connection do you have? Perhaps restrict the used bandwith (just an idea)?
network

Post by network »

Even with the setup from maniplanet it's stuck at the same part, the first part called "Titles.pak"..

I'm using a regular wi-fi connection and my firewall is already off.
The wi-fi key automatically cap the bandwith though, I don't think that's where the issue comes from.
I've read somewhere that IE's offline mode could interact with update dowloads :?:

I'll reboot my internet and check the settings, but I have no issues updating other games though.

Also, if I abort the update, nothing gives a response, like this button, nothing happens :

:?
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Maniaplanet is indeed using Windows internet connection settings, the same which IE is using.
But if the IE (the connection) is in offline mode, you wouldn't even be able to login to Maniaplanet.

I suspect something else, e.g. the security settings of the internet connection.
Are they on "middle"?

Another user was successfully able to download the titles afte rhe had cleaned and increased the game cache to 1GB in the launcher settings.
network

Post by network »

Well I tried all of the above but nothing worked.

So I completly uninstalled maniaplanet and resinstalled it, and it seems the issues comes from "Titles.bak" every other steps went well but it keeps getting stuck at the titles.

Image :x

Maybe there is a conflict between the quantity of data shown to be downloaded and what is really needed to be downloaded ? :?:
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

Hi,

Maybe you can try to clean your cache in the game launcher (Click on configure -> "advanced" -> "PeerToPeer" in the launcher) and then increase the cache size in the game launcher.
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)

Return to “Shootmania”