Talkshow with Hylis - ShootMania Discord - November 22, 2017

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

HYPE

Re: Talkshow with Hylis - ShootMania Discord - November 22, 2017

Post by HYPE »

Dommy wrote: 24 Nov 2017, 12:54Tags
They still exist in nearly the same form as they used to be, however all tags created before ManiaPlanet 4 are obsolete. You can create and view your received tags on player page.
I am aware that tags still exist and I even created one myself, but for me it lost all its sense since its not visable ingame anymore. I mean who looks at the player pages of other players? :D
HYPE Smurf

Professional QuestMania-Player since 2022

When you get sad, stop being sad and be AWESOME instead.

ShootMania Community Discord Server
keeth

Post by keeth »

eyebo wrote: 23 Nov 2017, 20:11 Are there plans to bring the teams feature back? And what about the tag system?

No, about the teams.

I'm not sure about tags. I have to ask for the tags feature to be done because I think it's really one of the key features of such platforms. But maybe other priorities will jump in and I'll have to decide.

I will investigate soon on how it's moving forward.

This isn't over!
Ò enny here! find me on: YouTube
ShootMania's nr 1 Buzy, English Youtuber
djhubertus
Translator
Translator

Post by djhubertus »

Don't feel to be insulted by my words but the TL;DR; version of this talkshow is as always:
We can't revive MP, we will again add stuff for modders even when noone is playing on their mods(except few channels) and we don't care about players and competition at all.
My Gamemodes:
MP4 - Countdown, Firefight
MP3 - Reduction, Overload, Flashpoint, Territory, SM Race, Escape
MP2 - Search & Destroy, Oscillation, Instagib
Miss

Post by Miss »

Did we read the same interview? :roflol:
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
Dommy
Translator
Translator

Post by Dommy »

People who leave TM / SM sometimes turn into additional instances of Striker or Dreammywow. 🤷‍
Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD
wazerti

Post by wazerti »

djhubertus wrote: 08 Dec 2017, 23:59 Don't feel to be insulted by my words but the TL;DR; version of this talkshow is as always:
We can't revive MP, we will again add stuff for modders even when noone is playing on their mods(except few channels) and we don't care about players and competition at all.
You summarized my thinking
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

That's not the vibe I got from the interview at all.

I don't think you can assume anything about these upcoming services. We'll just have to wait and see.

I don't know why people assume Nadeo isn't interested in competitions just because they don't host competitions themselves right now. In TM we, the community, have always hosted our own competitions. There's nothing stopping people in SM from doing the same. And in fact, I know you do.

The lack of players is a real problem, which is why it was almost the first thing that was addressed in the interview. Hylis acknowledged it. But he doesn't have a magic wand. Don't you think they want their game played as much as any of us do? Of course they do! It's their blood, sweat, and tears that went into creating it. Stop treating Nadeo like the enemy. Nothing will ever be accomplished by putting yourself at odds with the devs. If you want SM to make a big comeback, meet the team halfway.

Anyway, I do apologize for not updating the 2nd post in this topic and creating a summary of the interview. I kind of ran out of steam after working on it so much for several days.
Former QC Manager at Ubisoft Nadeo.
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit
Miss

Post by Miss »

It always boggles my mind when players assume that developers don't care about them. Hell, you are literally the reason Nadeo's developers can live in houses, pay for food, survive. They probably care more about the community and the game than you do.

I get that it's hard to understand that from the player's perspective, but it's still important to remember that you don't personally know how passionate the developers are about their own game (which they work on 8 hours a day or more, often for fun). Not all developers show this equally as much because they're not as extroverted as others. (I can see this a lot in the company I work for [Crackshell], everyone loves the game we work on [Hammerwatch], we are super passionate and excited about it, but we don't reply that much to posts on the beta forum, but we do read everything.)

This is my totally personal opinion by the way, I know I'm a forum moderator so you could argue I'm biased towards Nadeo, but this opinion comes purely from my experience as a game developer myself.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
hackie

Post by hackie »

Miss , :thx: .
System Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K / 4 GHz - 8 MB cache
GPU: MSI GTX 980TI GAMING 6G - OC Edition
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII RANGER
RAM : 32Gb Kingston HyperX Savage - DDR4
DirectX 11
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Miss :thx: +1

Not necessarily every developper need to be 200% passionated, but passion and care for the products makes them a lot better, perhaps not perfect, but better :)

Return to “Shootmania”