5th anniversary of Shootmania - Time to celebrate!

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

Soprah

5th anniversary of Shootmania - Time to celebrate!

Post by Soprah »

Hello guys,

Nice to write on this forum again. Memories :clap:

A few weeks ago I had the idea to organise an event for the 5th anniversary of Shootmania (Yes, our baby Shootmania turns 5 years old next year).

Why do I want to celebrate this event?

Recently I came back into gaming (only casually though, I have other priorities now). And it was such a great feeling to talk & chat with old friends who are still playing this fantastic game... it's like you met an old friend. You talked about great memories of this game, you laughed a lot and also cried a bit (manly tears tho). Then I imagined "How could I bring back ALL old players for one single moment?" (Yes, it's very optimistic). Then my inner steve jobs came up and I thought "Why not celebrating the 5h anniversary of SM?". Everyone sees their old friends for one (or a few) days and they have an amazing experience while playing - because: Playing a game is always better when you play it with friends. And maybe, if we pray a lot, they will hopefully stay? Who knows? :)

How do I want to celebrate this event?

This is not definite. I have some ideas. For example we could hold a tournament which holds on for a week. Everyday there is a cup with one mode. To get the feeling of celebrating this game, we need to have old, classic game modes like royal, melee, siege and obviously: Elite. Because these old game modes are the ones where we have made our first experiences with this game!
Just an example:
Monday: Royal cup
Wednesday: Melee cup
Thursday: Siege Cup
Saturday: Elite cup

And the players who have the most "points" of each cup are celebrated somehow. Maybe they have the honor to play against hylis in a private match and everyone watches this match. This would be really funny I guess :D

I need your support

Alone, I can't do anything. Seriously, I need your help to organise this (if you like this idea).
Maybe Nadeo wants to help me somehow?
Maybe paragon league wants to help me somehow?

I am open for suggestions, feedback or anything else :mrgreen:

Greetings from a desperate man who wants to have one big, amazing event with old friends to celebrate this fantastic game,
Soprah
killerboye

Re: 5th anniversary of Shootmania - Time to celebrate!

Post by killerboye »

YEs please!
I'm supporting this fully :)
Also known as sKiLL~eFF. or just eFFecT
NJin

Post by NJin »

you forgot joust mode^^
but yeah it could be a nice idea
n-jin.xyz || Instagram || Twitter || Twitch || Discord: njin

plopp

Post by plopp »

I had an idea back in 2014 (to celebrate the 1 year) where I wanted Nadeo to make a server with the old B1 settings. You know, no minijump, no wj old maps and so on. Just to see how far the game had come in that short amount of time. Nothing ever came of it though.

I like your idea and would probably like to participate just for the hell of it. I have a hard time believing that it would bring a bunch of people back, but even if it wouldn't it would be a nice celebration for the people still in game. :yes: :yes:
Soprah

Post by Soprah »

Thanks for the nice feedback!

@N-jin,
Ye, I forgot joust mode. My mistake sorry. :lol:

@Plopp,
Ye, I remember this fast changes like it was yesterday. They were constantly updating from month to month (b1, b2 open beta etc). And you could see a big change during a short amount of time. I would have liked your idea to be honest :thumbsup:

And ye, I agree that not all players will come back. But like hype (and you) said, it's for the remaining players... the heart of the community.. and maybe some old players who decided to celebrate this event with us :thx:

If you (anyone) want to help me, pls pm me here on this forum, or on the discord channel! :)

Soprah
moimoi69

Post by moimoi69 »

Ah yeeh
it should put all the modes of storm and not too much at the weekend with a max of sharing and it will make a card all his. Exellente id

Return to “Shootmania”