Low FPS

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

speedychris

Re: Low FPS

Post by speedychris »

ownmaster you write for 1) Fullscreen and then 1) windowed mode, what exactly now? They are not the same. For best performance as in all other games use only Fullscreen.
ownmaster

Post by ownmaster »

Alinoa wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 09:52 Hi,

Did you notice that something changed if you do as explained by Speedychris?
speedychris wrote: 04 Jan 2019, 19:49 The reason is are the new reflections effects, specially on custom Blocks with Windows. If i set Water Reflections to low FPS are back on good.
Hardware: i5-6600K, nVidia GTX1070 (yes totaly oversized for TM :D )
As you can see on my screenshot, Water Reflections is already set to Low. And it always was like this. Should I make any changes about it?
speedychris wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 11:30 ownmaster you write for 1) Fullscreen and then 1) windowed mode, what exactly now? They are not the same. For best performance as in all other games use only Fullscreen.
Thank you, Captain. :) In my post I explained that I was always playing in fullscreen mode, and after latest updates, FPS dropped in this mode. I mentioned other modes for comparison purposes (to show that the mode which is supposed to be the best is now worse than bad modes) and for information - maybe it will help developers to fix the problem.
ownmaster

Post by ownmaster »

I have cleared cache and then reset settings to default in configuration tool and configured everything from scratch. Now FPS is much better. But every time I start SM, I have to go to graphics settings (in main app) and select min values for water reflections and bloom and set fullscreen instead of borderless, since these settings are not saved. From one bug to another.
keeth

Post by keeth »

ownmaster wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 20:53 I have cleared cache and then reset settings to default in configuration tool and configured everything from scratch. Now FPS is much better. But every time I start SM, I have to go to graphics settings (in main app) and select min values for water reflections and bloom and set fullscreen instead of borderless, since these settings are not saved. From one bug to another.
Yea this a bug. I reckon someone is working on it as we speak
Ò enny here! find me on: YouTube
ShootMania's nr 1 Buzy, English Youtuber

Return to “Shootmania”