Player Report

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

HYPE

Player Report

Post by HYPE »

hey, I'd like to report the player "encht".

I first of just suspected him cheating while specing him, so I wanted to report him. But my game crashed when I tried to do that, so I thought it might be a bug. But it worked when I tried to report other players, but always crashes when I tried to report this player. Two other player tried the same with the same result, so that is very fishy to me. Here is a clip of me trying to report him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AG2MK1eKg0

Here is a crash log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5qs7wu1j27eqi ... F.txt?dl=0

Additonally he did say racist things on the Obstacle Discord earlier today and the reaction of Jerks (a player that is well known for cheating) reacted on this in a way that makes me think that Jerkz and encht are the same person, but thats ofc just a suspicious of mine.

I want to report this player for cheating and for the fact that I can't report him.
Last edited by HYPE on 06 Feb 2020, 13:05, edited 1 time in total.
HYPE Smurf

Professional QuestMania-Player since 2022

When you get sad, stop being sad and be AWESOME instead.

ShootMania Community Discord Server
Miss

Re: Player Report

Post by Miss »

This is not something he's causing specifically, I just tried reporting a random player with description "test report please ignore" and I got the same crash in CGameMasterServerRequest at the exact same point as your crash log.

From a quick debug, it looks like it crashes when there's no custom skin set (or possibly not yet downloaded) for the person you're reporting. (Null dereference when trying to get the filename of a CSystemPack - which is null.)
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
HYPE

Post by HYPE »

Miss wrote: 06 Feb 2020, 01:46 This is not something he's causing specifically, I just tried reporting a random player with description "test report please ignore" and I got the same crash in CGameMasterServerRequest at the exact same point as your crash log.

From a quick debug, it looks like it crashes when there's no custom skin set (or possibly not yet downloaded) for the person you're reporting. (Null dereference when trying to get the filename of a CSystemPack - which is null.)
Ok, this eases me. I was quite scared by the thought a player could hack his own account so that he can't be reported. I hope NADEO fixes this bug, since a not working report feature is an important flaw.

However this doesn't change the fact that I want to report this player for cheating. Unfortunately I don't have a replay that I could save after the surprising crash and also no other proof.

But two players told me that encht confirmed himself that this is just another account of the player "Jerkz", who was known for cheating, but I also have no proof of that right now, maybe someone else has something in that regard.
HYPE Smurf

Professional QuestMania-Player since 2022

When you get sad, stop being sad and be AWESOME instead.

ShootMania Community Discord Server
Miss

Post by Miss »

Technically, if my theory is correct, you can just set a skin for yourself that is 2 GB in size or something so that Maniaplanet never downloads it (or never finishes downloading it) which might make this crash intentionally. (Perhaps forcing an invalid skin zip file might work too.) Just a theory though. Either way, this should be simple for Nadeo to fix. :thumbsup:
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
keeth

Post by keeth »

Reporting players with abusive and exploiting behavior is vital for a healthy game.
This is really something Nadeo should fix :)
Ò enny here! find me on: YouTube
ShootMania's nr 1 Buzy, English Youtuber
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot for your reports and your investigations :thumbsup:
We are going to look at this issue.

Cheers to you :)
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)

Return to “Shootmania”