(Kill)streak rewards?

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

Wallaby

(Kill)streak rewards?

Post by Wallaby » 28 Feb 2011, 22:54

Since we don't know if you even "kill" people in shootmania , I put it into a bracket.
I'm curious if there will be rewards for a couple of kills/hits whatever...
Feel free to post some ideas you could imagine if you look at the cryo screenshot.
could imagine of killstreakrewards like "uav's" or a time limited totally strong weapon , but that are the only possible ideas I could think of.

Knutselmaaster

Re: (Kill)streak rewards?

Post by Knutselmaaster » 01 Mar 2011, 08:29

Good suggestion.
As such, i move this topic to the suggestions section.

tcq

Post by tcq » 01 Mar 2011, 09:35

As we don't know anything about the kind of game play at the moment, but after looking at the screen shots i think the following could be a nice idea.
If you get a decent amount of kills/game or accumulated kills over multiple games, it would be funny to get a 10 seconds invisible (e.g. getting a snow suit or something like that to make it harder to see you) or be allowed to jump higher (if jumping is possible, then you could get up on that hill in the second screen shot and combine it with the invisible suit to do a fast sniper section or get an overview over the enemies without getting spotted).

Or to do it less fancy, use the kills to allow you to buy customisations (like different suits to fit it to different mapping styles). This way, you would be able to buy stuff and create a long time motivation. But there should then be a differentiation between servers allowing this modifications and servers which don't (so you can separate long time players and just for fun players).

Timmeh7

Post by Timmeh7 » 01 Mar 2011, 13:48

tcq wrote: it would be funny to get a 10 seconds invisible (e.g. getting a snow suit or something like that to make it harder to see you) or be allowed to jump higher (if jumping is possible, then you could get up on that hill in the second screen shot and combine it with the invisible suit to do a fast sniper section or get an overview over the enemies without getting spotted).
I would like such things (invisibilty, jump-boots or so) more to be powerups, but I like the idea of getting something which fits for example Cryo. Would be cool if every envi has other killstreak rewards.
What's important is the balance, it shouldn't be like in Modern Warfare 2 where you need about 7 kills in a row to win a match, because they're overpowered and kills earned through a reward count to your streak (7 kills in a row -> attacking helicopter -> only needs to kill 2 people -> another, more powerful helicopter -> everyone hides in houses or gets killed)

Wallaby

Post by Wallaby » 01 Mar 2011, 14:53

although I play usually with such streaks in mw2 youre totallly right hehe.
It's nice of course if you get sth , but you are totally annoyed and close to ragequit in my case if something like the "god's fist" aka the big canoon of the AC130 or predator missle crashs into your spawn.
Timed invisibility is a hellish great idea imo

Played a bit with my fantasy (and some older postings of gameideas) and did a little list of imaginable killstreak rewards for cryo

3-Streak Additionally Ammo
3-Streak = "Uav" for your team
4-Streak = 10 seconds invisibility
4-streak = Warpitem to get quickly to another spot of the map...maybe behind them , to the flag , whatever.
5-Streak = Package which can include every killstreak except 12 and 20
6-Streak = strong uav (like the blackbird of black ops) for the team
6-Streak= Weapon changing scenery into powerful stuff , like icicle-launcher for cryo
7-Killstreak = totally random megaweapon like a giant sentry or a double handed rocket launcher (with 2 shoots a' rocket) :D
7-Killstreak = Enemy team lost 50% of their running speed for 30 seconds
7-Killstreak = Usable vehicle to drive over others or to get to another mapspot quickly
8-Killstreak = a giantic half energy shield so that nobody can come sneaky from the back
10-Killstreak = 30 Second Wallhack (ok that idea comes from a mw2 mod hehe) :lol:
10 Killstreak = Warpitem for everybody in your team.
12 Killstreak = Free selectable Killstreak reward below 12
20 Killstreak = Something gameending...not a nuke , but maybe a big icicle rain on cryo which kills everybody on the field ( Ok I guess that one is a bit irreal but worthy posting it :mrgreen:)

2 or 3 of those are selectable then :)

steelworks

Post by steelworks » 02 Mar 2011, 13:50

The Problem would be that the first team getting these items will be so overpowered that it will be extreme hard for the other team to win the round from that point.

tcq

Post by tcq » 02 Mar 2011, 14:20

Why not giving then the opponents extras for getting shoot x times? =)

Like in mario kart, where the last player nearly always get a star or a lightning.

AngelFred

Post by AngelFred » 02 Mar 2011, 22:54

@ Wallaby: Your thing are a little bit overpowered or they don't have enough kills to get them. Because 20 kills is«very easy» to do. I mean a good player will do it in no time. In all FPS there is players that do everyday game like 55 kills and 3 deaths. It sure depend on the gameplay though so we can't say if it is too much kills or not enough. ;)

To all :D : I think killstreaks are a very cool thing that CoD brought to the world ( :lol: ). It's very cool to have «in-game objective» that restart every life (talking about killstreak here :P) and also have kind of achievements that can give more exp but can't restart once you've done it.

So I think killstreaks could be very cool.
La vie est belle!

Sizeftw

Post by Sizeftw » 09 Mar 2011, 12:05

Wallaby wrote:Since we don't know if you even "kill" people in shootmania , I put it into a bracket.
I'm curious if there will be rewards for a couple of kills/hits whatever...
Feel free to post some ideas you could imagine if you look at the cryo screenshot.
could imagine of killstreakrewards like "uav's" or a time limited totally strong weapon , but that are the only possible ideas I could think of.
ur bad lol. very.
worst idea^^

Timmeh7

Post by Timmeh7 » 09 Mar 2011, 15:48

Sizeftw wrote: ur bad lol. very.
worst idea^^
Dude, who do you think you are? I just saw you creating 3 answers to 3 suggestions which all were like "omg no, you suck!" and you never state a reason for your opinion.

Addition on topic: What I don't like in other games' killstreaks is also the fact that there are some which aren't even controlled by the player.
Also, it would be nice to have an option to disable them, which I think would be useful for little funmaps.

Return to “Shootmania”