(Kill)streak rewards?

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

AngelFred

Re: (Kill)streak rewards?

Post by AngelFred » 11 Mar 2011, 01:12

Timmeh7 wrote:Also, it would be nice to have an option to disable them, which I think would be useful for little funmaps.
+1 And surely possible. It's a server-side control this so you can surely if you can change the rules or the guns that are blocked or not in servers. So good idea.
La vie est belle!

Wallaby

Post by Wallaby » 18 Mar 2011, 12:37

I'm against disabling rules/guns whatever on servers. it's horrible when I play black ops , on every server you read:

No claymores , no GL's , no camping (ok I promote that haha :lol:) , no this no that or you get banned. Once I even got banned for using a chopper gunner on a server without any hints to rules.

On the other side if you can disable things everybody takes out the easy playable stuff which makes the game hellish monotone then.

AngelFred

Post by AngelFred » 19 Mar 2011, 02:04

Lol Wallaby it's true that there is always server that abuse of the disable control. But it could be good anyway because killstreaks (like the choppergunner) are not cool in very little map or in open map. So it could be cool to disable it if the server is base on little maps and stuff like that :mrgreen:
La vie est belle!

redfog

Post by redfog » 20 Mar 2011, 15:11

Killstreak bonus points can be cool, but I don't like the Call of Duty Idea of Air Strike and that stuff.

AngelFred

Post by AngelFred » 23 Mar 2011, 01:42

redfog wrote:Killstreak bonus points can be cool, but I don't like the Call of Duty Idea of Air Strike and that stuff.
Only bonus points would be cool too! And only when you have a 45 killstreak, you have a tactical nuke :lol:
Or, like in Crysis 2 and HomeFront, the killstreaks are restricted depending on the maps!! This is cool so in the little/open map, you can't have the chopper gunner thing or things like that :D
La vie est belle!

Sizeftw

Post by Sizeftw » 29 Mar 2011, 07:33

Timmeh7 wrote:
Sizeftw wrote: ur bad lol. very.
worst idea^^
Dude, who do you think you are? I just saw you creating 3 answers to 3 suggestions which all were like "omg no, you suck!" and you never state a reason for your opinion.

Addition on topic: What I don't like in other games' killstreaks is also the fact that there are some which aren't even controlled by the player.
Also, it would be nice to have an option to disable them, which I think would be useful for little funmaps.
ive actually had good reasons............ and btw i not going to be those pubstars who just pub everyday :S
and also this ain't going to be like cod lol ive already got cod4 i just want to be diferent to the other fps so nah don't want to be like cod D:

AngelFred

Post by AngelFred » 02 Apr 2011, 05:20

Sizeftw wrote: ive actually had good reasons............ and btw i not going to be those pubstars who just pub everyday :S
and also this ain't going to be like cod lol ive already got cod4 i just want to be diferent to the other fps so nah don't want to be like cod D:
Then, what are your reasons? Because you keep spamming without giving reasons. And by the way, I don't think killstreaks are absolutely necessary so if there is not, I won't be sad ;)

So let's play the best FPS: ShootMania!!!! :mrgreen:
La vie est belle!

zixxiz

Post by zixxiz » 10 Apr 2011, 21:56

Kill streak rewards are a terrible idea. They are a one of the many reasons why Call of Duty has become such crappy game. Not only are they excessively annoying, they are made for campers, and not for players that are good at the game and have to make sacrifices from time to time. Call of Duty is not a good precedent to follow, no matter how popular the games are, and I definitely dont want to see Nadeo follow that route.

redfog

Post by redfog » 18 Apr 2011, 17:13

I totally agree with you zixxiz.

AngelFred

Post by AngelFred » 18 Apr 2011, 21:55

I think everybody here want something new in the FPS and I also think this what Nadeo is gonna give us :mrgreen:
So let's enjoy the wait ;) and dream of the wonderful FPS we will have. And zixxiz, you're right, in a way :lol:
La vie est belle!

Return to “Shootmania”