Shootmania STORM will be Free2Play?

Discuss everything related to Shootmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

Blazrman

Shootmania STORM will be Free2Play?

Post by Blazrman »

Hello, i am not sure if the game will be free2play. Like thier F2P games like VALVe's Team Fortress 2 (Great game of chooseing 9 calsses and finding items like weapons, tools, and hats.) and UberEnt's Super Monday Night Combat (The game is like DOTA inspired and thirdperson shooter! And if u play the orginal Monday Night Combat. Try it.) on STEAM. But any suggestions of the game will be F2P? (i love you french people ^^)
I play Team Fortress 2, Being an half-pro of Degroot Keep, and take thier Katanas.
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Re: Shootmania STORM will be Free2Play?

Post by eyebo »

The game will probably cost around 20 euros (like TrackMania 2 Canyon did, the first title in the ManiaPlanet series of games). It's "free 2 stay" though. There's no monthly fees and the only thing that will cost money, after the initial purchase, is if you choose to buy additional titles later on when they're released. Each is completely standalone though, so you don't have to buy them. And each has their own player ladder. So you can buy one and focus on it, and there's no obligation to buy any others. Of course, I'll be buying them all. :mrgreen: It's a sweet deal. :thumbsup:
Former QC Manager at Ubisoft Nadeo.
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit
AlexKF

Post by AlexKF »

I wonder with MP2 if there will be ladders that are connected with each other in any way...
xstaticalpha

Post by xstaticalpha »

eyebo wrote:The game will probably cost around 20 euros (like TrackMania 2 Canyon did, the first title in the ManiaPlanet series of games). It's "free 2 stay" though. There's no monthly fees and the only thing that will cost money, after the initial purchase, is if you choose to buy additional titles later on when they're released. Each is completely standalone though, so you don't have to buy them. And each has their own player ladder. So you can buy one and focus on it, and there's no obligation to buy any others. Of course, I'll be buying them all. :mrgreen: It's a sweet deal. :thumbsup:

20 euros? I read somewhere that the game would be free with micro transactions such as worlds you would pay for and such.

This is not the case? :?
Omnixor
Translator
Translator

Post by Omnixor »

you must've misread, or wrong source... it's vice versa: you pay once 20 euros (or dollars, depends on where you live), and there will be no items or smth else you could buy for real money.
- staff head of ESL TM²Stadium -
TGYoshi

Post by TGYoshi »

I've also heard something about microtransactions, but also the 20 eur initial fee.

Something like planets were buyable via microtransactions.
=3
jonthekiller
Translator
Translator

Post by jonthekiller »

TGYoshi wrote:I've also heard something about microtransactions, but also the 20 eur initial fee.

Something like planets were buyable via microtransactions.
No, it's a big mistake.
Trackmaniack

Post by Trackmaniack »

You're both wrong :P The maniaplanet universe is interlinked--and so the planets you earn on TM can buy better guns in SM, or new carskins for TM. But it'll be planets paying for stuff, not real money.
WIP
Omnixor
Translator
Translator

Post by Omnixor »

buy better guns? :teub:
- staff head of ESL TM²Stadium -
Cerovan

Post by Cerovan »

There is not better paid guns ^^
Online Programmer & Meme Master ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ

Access to your Player Page

You have troubles, please contact the Ubisoft Support

Maniaplanet Documentation (Editors, Scripting, Title Pack, etc...)

Return to “Shootmania”