Questmania ???

Discuss everything related to Questmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

MatheusKS

Re: Questmania ???

Post by MatheusKS »

tcq wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 20:24 Duke Nukem => Took 14 years. So we have still a few to go If it gets released before the complete star citizen, I will be happy :)
HALF LIFE 3 INTENSIFIED
Mandark wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 14:22 Questmania makes no sense nowdays.

MMORPG was the top genre in 2009 and 2010 (when QM was announced), but releasing something like that today would lead to a huge fail in my opinion.
Arcade racers was the top racing genre back in 2005, they almost disappeared but we still have TM :D
Anyway, MMORPGs aren't that thing anymore but RPGs are still a powerful genre with lots of examples that can be studied... QM can be a roguelike too
CPU: Ryzen 7 2600; Video: GeForce 1070; RAM: 16GB; also known as The Lil' Electricity Bill Booster. In-game as <MATKS95>

Post by 745 »

MatheusKS wrote: 26 Jun 2018, 14:02
tcq wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 20:24 Duke Nukem => Took 14 years. So we have still a few to go If it gets released before the complete star citizen, I will be happy :)
HALF LIFE 3 INTENSIFIED
Mandark wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 14:22 Questmania makes no sense nowdays.

MMORPG was the top genre in 2009 and 2010 (when QM was announced), but releasing something like that today would lead to a huge fail in my opinion.
Arcade racers was the top racing genre back in 2005, they almost disappeared but we still have TM :D
Anyway, MMORPGs aren't that thing anymore but RPGs are still a powerful genre with lots of examples that can be studied... QM can be a roguelike too
I'm not a regular follower of gaming news, so what's hyped in 2018?
Marzyciel

Post by Marzyciel »

745 wrote: 28 Jun 2018, 03:18 I'm not a regular follower of gaming news, so what's hyped in 2018?

Battle Royale type of games that the idea come from novel created in 1996. It's a fps survival arena type game when the winner is last man standing. In 2017 was released game named Playerunknown's Battlegrounds (pubg) and everyone loosed their mind. Battle Royales started pooping everywhere in high amount from everyonne (on both pc and android) . Same like it was with moba type of games several years ago. It will be even in newest Call of Duty and Battlefield :lol:

BTW. Funny thing is that even that pubg created this whole madness it fastly loose number 1 in popularity against Fortnite because even to this day is a lazy (most updates are just adding more skins) and too fast released game from beta just for trying get more popularity. At the premiere on xbox It has constantly 15 fps :roflol:
MatheusKS

Post by MatheusKS »

Marzyciel wrote: 28 Jun 2018, 09:09
745 wrote: 28 Jun 2018, 03:18 I'm not a regular follower of gaming news, so what's hyped in 2018?

Battle Royale type of games that the idea come from novel created in 1996. It's a fps survival arena type game when the winner is last man standing. In 2017 was released game named Playerunknown's Battlegrounds (pubg) and everyone loosed their mind. Battle Royales started pooping everywhere in high amount from everyonne (on both pc and android) . Same like it was with moba type of games several years ago. It will be even in newest Call of Duty and Battlefield :lol:

BTW. Funny thing is that even that pubg created this whole madness it fastly loose number 1 in popularity against Fortnite because even to this day is a lazy (most updates are just adding more skins) and too fast released game from beta just for trying get more popularity. At the premiere on xbox It has constantly 15 fps :roflol:
CPU: Ryzen 7 2600; Video: GeForce 1070; RAM: 16GB; also known as The Lil' Electricity Bill Booster. In-game as <MATKS95>
Marzyciel

Post by Marzyciel »

There is mod Battle Royal for GMod (you can check it on yt). Does it count as HL3 Battle royal :roflol: ?
DIO

Post by DIO »

QuestMania is dead ~ The End :thumbsup:
Miss

Post by Miss »

DIO wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 11:48 QuestMania is dead ~ The End :thumbsup:
Not useful discussion. Answer was given on the first page already, so I'm closing this.
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.

Return to “Questmania”