Level cap

Discuss everything related to Questmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

XyRyX

Re: Level cap

Post by XyRyX »

tcq wrote:Absolutly my opinion. But i could really think about a ladder, which allows you to do specific quests. Just compare it with the Ladderlimits in TMF, where you need a distinct amount of points to drive RoC.
Not realy my idea, i think everyone has a go on special quests, not only the high ranked players.
Most of the time lower ranked players are better then the higher ranked and i'm not saying high ranked players cant play :P
It just seems more fair to me :)
w1lla

Post by w1lla »

well hope roc servers are also available for questmania.
TM² Info
SM Info
QM Info

MB: MSI 970A-G46
Processor: AMD FX-6300 3500 mHz
RAM Memory: 16 GB DDR3
Video: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280X 3GB GDDR5
KB: Logitech G510s
Mouse: Logitech G300s
Mode Creation
ManiaScript Docs
mikepurdy1234

Post by mikepurdy1234 »

The idea is for everyone to play on every map. Also that my grandma be able to play.

There will be maps for single player short quests and ones for epic raids and vs.

I like the idea that if you are a casual "Once a week" player you can upload any map and beat the boss on it.

I also like the idea that if you are more of an addict and play a million maps that you should not see the skills as repeditive. There should be a reward, but higher level should not be it. Maybe new skills and skins and things from the ManiaPlanet store (more stuff for map makers or weapons for people that just play)

(I still see me making a few farming maps and reaching LvL99 in a day)
pspin

Post by pspin »

the idea of a non-level based game looks quite good for me. I would love to have a skill system like flyff (a long time ago) when you had to practise this skill to level it.
metoxys
Translator
Translator

Post by metoxys »

I am so against new players having UBER disadvantage compared with players that have been there for a while...
I mean, I am also not really the oldest one at TM... Joined w/ United @2008..... But that doesn't give me disadvantage because it's skill based :roll:
So...
smartyyy

Post by smartyyy »

mikepurdy1234 wrote: When 2 wizards go against each other in battle, it is their skills that win the day, not their level or age. This way a new player could have a chance at winning against a veteran. No one at level 20 should have to be forced to take only high level maps... same goes for low level players... they should not be left out of a map simply because only high level players can play on it.
Yes, that would really fit the System Trackmania already was made in. But then I ask myself, if you say that skills are more important than level, what should these skills be? In TM it was the holy art to dominate your gamepad or keyboard. But that´s gonna go difficult on an RPG. I think games like WoW or stuff like this has absolutely nothing to do with skills. This players just play the whole day and do all the same things again and again. What will the QM skills be like? Fighting? Then the fight system shouldn´t be like clicking on the enemy and use your spells and attacks. Imo...doing this isn´t a skill. Well, what else is possible? Solving a quest in the shortest time? Yes, rather that, but how to put the fight aspect or RPGs into this? I don´t know...Will be a hard to create a good system here for Nadeo. ;)
metoxys
Translator
Translator

Post by metoxys »

Maybe thats the reason why Questmania is more or less the "last" one of the games...
The last one to release....
tcq

Post by tcq »

smartyyy wrote: What will the QM skills be like? Fighting? Then the fight system shouldn´t be like clicking on the enemy and use your spells and attacks. Imo...doing this isn´t a skill. Well, what else is possible? Solving a quest in the shortest time? Yes, rather that, but how to put the fight aspect or RPGs into this? I don´t know...Will be a hard to create a good system here for Nadeo. ;)
I could think about the weapon fight system in gothic 1. There you just used control + the arrows and you were able to do combos or to block the enemy.
metoxys
Translator
Translator

Post by metoxys »

tcq wrote:There you just used control + the arrows and you were able to do combos or to block the enemy.
This sounds good.
But if you think about it it's too minigame-ish
tcq

Post by tcq »

metoxys wrote:This sounds good.
But if you think about it it's too minigame-ish
Just look at the tekken series. There you have 4 main buttons (without the L/R buttons) and the direction thing. And you can play it for eternity.

Return to “Questmania”