Level cap

Discuss everything related to Questmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

metoxys
Translator
Translator

Re: Level cap

Post by metoxys »

tcq wrote:
metoxys wrote:This sounds good.
But if you think about it it's too minigame-ish
Just look at the tekken series. There you have 4 main buttons (without the L/R buttons) and the direction thing. And you can play it for eternity.
One of my friends played Tekken...
Yeah, you sure could play that for eternity^^
mikepurdy1234

Post by mikepurdy1234 »

a fps rpb like the new zelda or oblivion (with ability to see 3rd person). it would blend itself easily with ShootMania (the first person aspect). this would lend itself to hack and slash player-skill combat.

you could also make maps that allow one-v-one combat (jousting comes to mind).

Jousting
Trackmaniack

Post by Trackmaniack »

My opinion:
Make the quests or whatever else you have skill-based...so you get more as you progress more. It's called incentive, meto. Look it up.

Make the ladderboard dynamic...if you don't play continually (or at least regularly) your LB position starts to drop. This way, players that end up on #1 and then leave don't stay there hogging the spot forever...and then you don't have to have an unlimited number of points to rank up to...that seems hard to program in my opinion.

BUT, once you've unlocked your stuff, if you lose your LB position, you still have your stuff. And quests. And whatever else. You just lose your position...and maybe the pretty stars beside your name... ;-)
WIP
mikepurdy1234

Post by mikepurdy1234 »

I still want to know how "NOT" to make maps where all i do is farm-kill monsters to level-grind??

or make silly maps just to get my "# of maps completed" quota.
www.e-gekko.net

Post by www.e-gekko.net »

I read some post before.....

RoC server must be closed!!!
We need a progressive formula to advance in lvl, not the "discriminating dividing making Nadeo lose players ladder!!!"
Huhuh, can i say one thing (joking, naturally)... Nadeo please fire who had the RoC servers idea!!! :lol:

A human in his life don't lose years, and don't become more young. His life go in one way.
And the mmorpg have the same one way to reach higher lvls.

If 10/1000000 players wanna roc servers give them 1 server by nadeo with 512K. They will have fun alone!!!! :mrgreen:
The Power System (3.1) & TPS Gaseco & TPS OS System Coder
Founder of GFCx, the biggest and Oldest Trackmania Team. The LOL King.
mikepurdy1234

Post by mikepurdy1234 »

the "Level Climbers" VS the "Player Skillers"

When level climbers reach max... what happens next?
DonTubo

Post by DonTubo »

Trackmaniack wrote:My opinion:
Make the quests or whatever else you have skill-based...so you get more as you progress more. It's called incentive, meto. Look it up.

Make the ladderboard dynamic...if you don't play continually (or at least regularly) your LB position starts to drop. This way, players that end up on #1 and then leave don't stay there hogging the spot forever...and then you don't have to have an unlimited number of points to rank up to...that seems hard to program in my opinion.

BUT, once you've unlocked your stuff, if you lose your LB position, you still have your stuff. And quests. And whatever else. You just lose your position...and maybe the pretty stars beside your name... ;-)
this is how trackmania works already, why should they change it? Seems to be the best version of a ladder to me ;)
hal.ko. - Germanys finest! Happy Driving since '04
timae

Post by timae »

DonTubo wrote:
Trackmaniack wrote:My opinion:

this is how trackmania works already, why should they change it? Seems to be the best version of a ladder to me ;)
i totally agree to that, mr. tubo - why should they change something, that works perfectly? PARADOX! :mrgreen:
mikepurdy1234

Post by mikepurdy1234 »

but that is for scores... not a level 80 healer.

you can't take away a persons level 80 healer just because they don't log on for a month or two.

that is why I think it sould be about skill, not level
metoxys
Translator
Translator

Post by metoxys »

The only thing them Nadeo guys should change is when you have more than 60000 LP they go down each week

Return to “Questmania”