How will Nadeo manage Questmania?

Discuss everything related to Questmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

Soprah

How will Nadeo manage Questmania?

Post by Soprah »

Hey maniaplanet folks,

At the moment, there are two huge games developed by Nadeo: Trackmania & Shootmania. Probably we can regard Maniaplanet with it's tons of possibilites & services ( ManiaScript, manialinks, competition manager, friend-system, ManiaHome, Action maker etc. ) as it's own game because it's a very complex system and Nadeo constanstly improves Maniaplanet within the updates.
They are continuously publishing new content to these two (three) games but it appears as if they have struggle to balance these two big titles TM & SM. A lot guys say that Nadeo mainly focusses their attention on SM and ''ignore'' TM. Well, that is of course not true, the third Update provides a lot changes for TM, such as rewriting the modes in script, adding a new team based mode called ''team-attack'', adding the long awaited feature ''multi-environment'' etc.
I do not want to start a debate whether Nadeo puts more effort in SM or TM, but basically:
The core message is true - Nadeo has struggle with balancing the two huge games, so each game receives the full attention and no game is left out. It is even more difficult for Trackmania, because it is splitted in three sub-titles (Canyon, Stadium, Valley), so we actually have 5 games Nadeo has to work on (SM, Maniaplanet, Trackmania with it's 3 sub-titles). By adding new titles for SM (Cryo possibly) and Trackmania, it becomes nearly an unbeatable challenge for Nadeo to provide the same amount of updates for each title.

Now, the question arises: How will Nadeo manage a new big game known as ''Questmania'' if they have even struggle to balance between SM, TM & Maniaplanet? Is there any spare capacity to produce Questmania? Will we ever be able to see Questmania in the future?

Thanks for reading.

P.S.: I trust the skill of the nadeo crew, just look how awesome games and updates they released in the last years. I am just afraid of the future if they will be able to manage everything, because more and more works comes up the more they add more content :oops:

Greetings,
Soprah
TMarc

Re: How will Nadeo manage Questmania?

Post by TMarc »

As soon as ShootMania does not necessite the full attention of 1/2 to 3/4 of Nadeo crew, they can work on other things.
Anyways, the current work on ShootMania with the items, the weapons, the actions, the new blocks etc. helps a lot towards QuestMania, so the work for QuestMania would then possibly reduce to new blocks, textures, and some necessary enhancements of the scripting system :thumbsup:

But who knows if they don't work at VS6 or another game or stuff which we don't know at all? :mrgreen:
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

I intend to pursue Questmania development once MP, TM & SM are at the top of what we can do. Until then, our goal are clear and closer everyday.
51chicken

Post by 51chicken »

Hylis wrote: 23 Apr 2014, 20:06 I intend to pursue Questmania development once MP, TM & SM are at the top of what we can do. Until then, our goal are clear and closer everyday.
Almost 4 years later, and still nobody plays Shootmania. I think it's time to admit defeat and move onto making something else. If getting 30 concurrent players is the top of what you can do, maybe adding a 3rd genre is a bit ambitious.
Soprah

Post by Soprah »

I agree. But Nadeo fights till last man. They keep on fighting and this what I like :D
Demented

Post by Demented »

I think QM could be very different and I hope they do bring it out someday.
I'm not really into shooters anymore, but creating Quests? I would be. Especially now that there is an item editor.
I think it would need a "Creature Creator" too though. But it would need to be something easy to use, like the way the Spore creature creator works.
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

The "Creature Creator" is already there; the Action maker and a custom skin :P
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti

Post by 745 »

I hope QM to be a generative platform for 3rd parties to easily create games that are a few hours or days long, with and end, paid or free and rated by players. Like those many RPGs based on books or movies.

Return to “Questmania”