[Items Inventory] Carry Limit format

Discuss everything related to Questmania.

Moderator: English Moderator

jamie_macdonald

[Items Inventory] Carry Limit format

Post by jamie_macdonald »

Hi All,

I used to be a great fan of old games such as deus x ...one of the things i loved about the Suitcase limitations was the arranging of the parts you had, sometimes having to be pretty clever at arranging items in the suitcase shape making you make some harsh decisions as to what to keep.

So can we have an inventory limit, maybe with successive upgrades as you level up/progress ... the limit on the items carried and the choices you have to make (good or bad) make it all that much more a tricky experience.

Hope thats not too much hassle, that is of course if we even have an item/weapon inventory atall :lol:

Just want to make sure if we have one that the limits are in place, to increase the difficulty and enforce some gameplay decisions, so you you have to choose between a path or the other purely by the limit on space (limitless space and carrying all can soon become dull imo).
Mifune013

Re: [Items Inventory] Carry Limit format

Post by Mifune013 »

I agree and disagree with you. Rather to say that there should be a storage system in certain areas like towns or something similar where you can store extra gear. Maybe even a pack mule (or something similar) or, in the spirit of classic roleplaying, a intern...er...I mean hireling which can carry extra gear for you but runs to risk of dying if you don't keep them out of combat. Or maybe a wagon (or something similar) which also runs the risk of being destroyed or worse...looted (presuming there is no security).
Trackmaniack

Post by Trackmaniack »

+1
WIP
pauliuxas

Post by pauliuxas »

Too much as for Nadeo I would say, I don't believe they could make an RPG or etc. with features that some of the greatest games had. And this Shootmania/Questmania thing still looks silly, at least for me :)
tcq

Post by tcq »

I personally don't like storage management and such stuff, so i simply hope that there won't be any restrictions to this.
jamie_macdonald

Post by jamie_macdonald »

tcq wrote:I personally don't like storage management and such stuff, so i simply hope that there won't be any restrictions to this.
I guess infinite pockets are rather amazing, but what i meant is the limitation specifically in a box form. Then the items can be arranged in different shapes (a bit like storage tetris lol) and then it makes it a hard puzzle to fit a nice balance in the inventory,

Think of it as a sub game, i though it was cool anyway (on my own here maybe lol) :mrgreen:
Trackmaniack

Post by Trackmaniack »

Nah, I think that's kinda fun--but then, conversely, you have a much larger "treasure chest" or "home shelf" or something where you can store the rest of your gear. But to not make it redundant, make each item be specialized--like FATE, or Diablo (which apparently FATE copied, as I've never actually played Diablo)...
WIP

Return to “Questmania”